Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most embarrassing moment of your life?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AnnieOakes

Late in the evening and i was alone in the office (or so I thought).

I was walking towards the exit when I abruptly farted. A colleague's head popped up from his cubicle. I picked up the pace and ran out the door.

I avoided him as much I could for the remainder of my time there (a long 2 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

S.L.F wrote: »
    So long as things are matching people shouldn't laugh.....except maybe it being your underpants and face

Supposed it could have been worse if I wasn't wearing any!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

I’m in a Snapchat group with ones from work. One night I was snapping some young thing while at the same time there was activity going on in the work group chat. I accidentally sent my reply that was meant for the young thing to the work Snapchat. Let’s just say the group chat was renamed and now features the aubergine emoji...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I broke wind in class one day, and the teacher gave out to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

armaghlad wrote: »
    I’m in a Snapchat group with ones from work. One night I was snapping some young thing while at the same time there was activity going on in the work group chat. I accidentally sent my reply that was meant for the young thing to the work Snapchat. Let’s just say the group chat was renamed and now features the aubergine emoji...

My boyfriend has a friend living in the UK who he atm primarily communicates with about Football Manager (from what I understand and have observed, basically Fifa but really admin focused as far as gameplay goes, but lookit, in this version of his world Newcastle are killing it so you know, it's nice that he's happy). This friend was messaging him about this new girl he was knocking around with, banging tits this, she's gagging for it that, we don't put labels on it t'other she just loves MUH COCK.

Then messaged him about heyyyy hope work isn't too sh1t, will I pick you up and we'll go to Tesco? Or if you think you'll be too knackered I can go now and get us stuff for dinner xxx?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭Biodegradable

To my absolute horror I tried to put the plug onto the shelf and of course, it fell and dunked fully into the full mop bucket :o nobody seen so I didn't say anything, I just took it out quickly and dried it on my apron saying **** **** ****
    Nobody 'saw'

One night I was finishing up cleaning the kitchen after an 8 hour shift and was the only one there, I went to put this rice cooker thing away and those big industrial rolling mop buckets, were just under the counter (a very stupid place to have a mop bucket with water in it anyway, under electrical) says alot about the idiot that owned it but..

To my absolute horror I tried to put the plug onto the shelf and of course, it fell and dunked fully into the full mop bucket :o nobody seen so I didn't say anything, I just took it out quickly and dried it on my apron saying **** **** ****

next morning I was in with another lady. I was staying well away from that rice cooker with the wet plug (really shouldve said something)

She went to plug in the rice cooker and got a huuge shock all I heard was 'AGGHH!!' and of course I had to pretend I hadn't a clue, and I walked over with a big fake raised eyebrow face like 'Oh my god, what happened you? The plug? It was wet?! What the hell?!'

Lucky she didn't die but sure look.. Lol!

Was ****ting myself incase they'd looked at the cameras.
    Left not too long after that.
    Interesting and all as that is, there's actually nothing embarrassing about it as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Nobody 'saw'

Actually, seen, or saw, can be used since the time wasn't really defined!

:)

Actually, seen, or saw, can be used since the time wasn't really defined!

:)
    Incorrect! Your choices are:

"Nobody had seen" or "Nobody saw"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ive posted these 2 before but even now almost 6 years later theyre still the most embarrassing moments ever.

Anyway I ended up at the wrong funeral removal once.

My grandfather died about a few years back and I was told that the funeral removal was on at say 6.00pm and was told to sit at the front with the family as you do.

Got stuck in traffic and arrived at the church about 5.50.Parked the car a fair bit away,ran the distance into the church and sat down right at the front with the family.Looked around and realised that I didnt know anyone that was at the funeral.

Id arrived at the end of 5.30 removal and not the start of the 6.00pm one.

Worst part was I just stood there shaking peoples hands that I didnt even know and people consoling me that obviously didn't know me either.

And then had to do the same half an hour later at the right funeral.

Im still slagged over that one to this day at family gatherings.

Then there was this time I ran over a dog on the way to work on this back road from my home to work.Anyway this dog flies out from a garden and I couldn't stop so I hit the dog.
    Dog stops in the middle of the road and I jump out only to see the local vets jeep driving towards me.So I flag down the Vet and ask him to bring the dog to the surgery. I hand him my business card and say Ill pay all the bills etc.
    Never heard anything again until a few weeks later a bill arrives to my job for €2500 euros for the dogs treatment and disposal of the body.
    So Im there fuming over a 2500 euro bill.I ring the vets number on the invoice and lift the poor girl at reception out it. I was that much of an asshole that she starts crying and goes in the back to the vet and brings him out to take the call.He eventually calms me down and says that they never sent a bill and didn't have a clue what dog I was talking about.
    Turned out that 2 of the lads in work photoshopped an invoice from a random vets name and address in the general area that they got off the web and posted the bill to me in work knowing how Id react.
    Talk about wanting the ground to swallow you up. I had to send the poor girl a letter of apology and a bunch of flowers to apologise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

branie2 wrote: »
    Every time my father cracks a terrible pun

Yeah, embarrassed that that man gets up every morning to feed and water ye. How mortifying.

Dads eh, with their managing to meet a girl that likes them, make a family, cloth and feed it and then one day one of the spoilt little family members is embarrassed because he made a joke.

He won’t feel bad probably remembers doing the same to his dad when he was young. Realised he was actually the dcikhed that thought he knew it all back then too.

Anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I just remembered one!

Flying back from Dublin to Warsaw last Christmas and I had take a few packs of crisps with me onto the plane.
    They were in my back pack which I had put between my legs.
    Early morning flight so I fell asleep while the plane was taking off.
    I must have been asleep 5/10mins when there's an almighty explosion and I wake up shouting "What the fcuk was that?!?!"
    People next to me white as ghosts.
    I looked down and noticed all the bag of crisps had exploded in tandem.
    Said nothing, peered out of the window and kicked the back pack under the seat of the person in front.
    Jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Earlier this year, went to the Woolshed for the Man City/Spurs 2nd leg Champions League game. Accepted an invite from a "friend" that I'd play football with every week (football friend!). I knew he was a Spurs fan, I didn't know that nobody else from our football group would be there, or that the rest of the table was all Spurs fans that I didn't know. I'm trying to play it cool, sipping on my pint but it's all too much and from under my breath I let out a "Ah Sterling, what are you doing mate!" One of the table turns to me and goes "You're hardly supporting City are you?" I've been exposed as a blue Manc in hostile territory. These are angry guys, full of passion, and I look around and it seems the rest of the Woolshed reflects my table, full of Spurs fans.

So anyone that knows that game, epic back and forth thriller, City go and score a goal in the last minute to take them through the tie. Sterling is on the screen and he's sprinting away, Man City's coach Pep Guardiola is sprinting down the touchline, my beer has flown up into the air, I've turned on my heels, I'm about to sprint through the Woolshed, secrecy be damned, this is the best feeling in the world! And then VAR gets involved. The beer, the sprinting, the euphoria all gone, all that's left is a pub full of Spurs fans jeering me and the lads at the table in hysterics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

My boyfriend has a friend living in the UK who he atm primarily communicates with about Football Manager (from what I understand and have observed, basically Fifa but really admin focused as far as gameplay goes, but lookit, in this version of his world Newcastle are killing it so you know, it's nice that he's happy). This friend was messaging him about this new girl he was knocking around with, banging tits this, she's gagging for it that, we don't put labels on it t'other she just loves MUH COCK.

Then messaged him about heyyyy hope work isn't too sh1t, will I pick you up and we'll go to Tesco? Or if you think you'll be too knackered I can go now and get us stuff for dinner xxx?

Nothing for it now. He'll just have to ghost her. His family. Your fella. The life he knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Just remembering back on my first lads holiday in Santa Ponsa (where else)... the young armaghlad was weary from the previous nights frollicks but needs must and there was an important match to be watched on the big screen in one of the Irish bars.

About ten of us parked ourselves in front of the projector screen but yours truly was struggling to keep his eyes open. Fast forward twenty minutes or so and I wake up to find a pile of people I don’t know sitting at the table, my friends no where to be seen. Whole bar laughing at me as I take myself off in search of my Judas friends, confused and hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭facehugger99

i posted this in the terrible interviews thread a while ago, but it works here too I think......

When I graduated from college, I went to London with friends for 6 months. Spent most of the time there doing casual work, but we had a great time.

So we were coming back to Ireland and I was looking for a 'proper' job in my industry. Spotted an advertisement, sent in my CV and got called for interview.

The only problem was they wanted to do the interview on the morning I was flying back from London. They were based out near the airport so I was thinking that it would work out perfect to go straight there when I got back into Dublin.

Of course, on our last night in London we hit the town. My earlier promises to myself to take it easy went out the window after a couple of pints. 6 hours later I'm E'd off my head in a club with my GF saying that we need to get going if we're going to make our flight. To this day I still wonder why we hadn't organised our packing before heading out - I'm putting it down to being young and stupid.

We dash back to our apartment and frantically pack our stuff. I realise I have nothing remotely appropriate to wear to the interview.

We head out to the airport, on route I stop in a cheap menswear store and, in a very flustered state, buy, what I later realise are, an incredibly ill matched shirt and trousers. They also don't match the shoes I have. Not only that, they're about 2 sizes too big and I've no belt. I should mention, that the extent of this only hits me when I get changed for the interview in the toilets of Dublin airport. My GF bursts out laughing when I emerge.

I'm also at this stage, in the jaws of the comedown from hell. I can't remember when I've last eaten, I haven't slept for 36 hours.

My sister meets me at the airport to drive me over to the interview. She bursts out laughing when she sees me too.

I walk into reception feeling like a complete spa. I kinda have to hold my trousers up by hand to stop them falling down. The secretary looks at me initially as if I'm some escaped lunatic but I explain I'm here for the interview.
    There's two guys interviewing me and the first question they ask is the kind of simple question a first year on my college course would know. Obviously designed to put me at my ease.

My mind goes, quite literally, blank. I know I know the answer but I can't bring it to mind. After 30 seconds I have to say 'sorry I just can't recall that'. I can see the two of them exchanging a glance wondering 'WTF?' as one of them explains the answer to me, like you would to a dimwit.
    My already fragile confidence nosedives completely.

I try not to remember the rest of the interview. They keep it mercifully short. I can barely string 2words together and I just want to stand up and say 'listen, this has been a terrible mistake, can we just finish up'.

I leave, still holding up my trousers, desperately trying to preserve what little dignity remains.
    'How'd it go?' my sister asks brightly when I get in the car.
    'Just drive' I say.

Obviously I don't get the job, and despite working in a small industry, never bumped into the 2 guys again thank Christ.

Advertisement