Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Philips Premium Collection XXL Airfryer with Fat Removal Technology and Extra Large Size for Entire Family, 2225 W, 1.4 Litres, Black, HD9650/99

€232,84 total

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077ZFCZT3?tag=camelanonalerts-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

Is this a good price - seeing similar Tower models for cheaper??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bhoy1967 wrote: »

I would always stick with the Philips myself. Had the regular size for years and currently an XL that was a BA here a while ago, and I'm tempted by this one again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Bhoy1967 wrote:

I find my Tower great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Bhoy1967 wrote: »

Get one with better warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,617 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Posted this few weeks ago
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Q13R28
    It's coming from Germany!

Confusingly
    it is 95p incl UK vat on site
    Invoice: Excl vat 64p + 23% vat 15p = 79p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Tp link kasa KP105 smart plug at its lowest price ever (9.99)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082DYJF52?
    It's even better when the VAT falls away.
    This is the dumb model as the one with energy monitoring is 5 pounds more.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

antodeco wrote: »
    Just double check the load values of the smart plugs. Most should be ok, but just in case!

Agreed. Most I've looked at only have a 10amp relay on board, even though our sockets are typically rated for 13amp.

If you are running stuff that pulls alot of power like heaters, kettles, etc it is worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

Am I correct in saying that items under around €22 should have UK VAT removed at checkout? It was all along since Jan 1st but this morning when I add something to my basket for £8.99 no removal of VAT? It's been working fine all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Yes ,if it’s fulfilled by Amazon but some items do not get charged vat in Uk
    Can you say what it was ?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭go4it

is there any chance to get a battery powerbank from amazon ( uk, de, es ) delivered to ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

go4it wrote: »
    is there any chance to get a battery powerbank from amazon ( uk, de, es ) delivered to ireland?

Probably not. Try my memory.ie
    https://www.mymemory.ie/mobile/mobile-phone-chargers/portable-power-banks.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ive had a few battery powered items delivered no problem, might take an extra day. When you look at the item there'll be a red letter note saying it cant be delivered to your location if they are unwilling to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Ive had a few battery powered items delivered no problem, might take an extra day. When you look at the item there'll be a red letter note saying it cant be delivered to your location if they are unwilling to.

This is an anomaly I've found difficult to understand. I can buy an article, let's say a cordless drill, which will come complete with a battery but if I want to buy a spare battery for the same drill, it can't be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Marhay70 wrote: »
    This is an anomaly I've found difficult to understand. I can buy an article, let's say a cordless drill, which will come complete with a battery but if I want to buy a spare battery for the same drill, it can't be delivered.

Yez it's messed up, especially when its something that few places sell.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Marhay70 wrote: »

Warehouse items do qualify sometimes, gotta look at all the avenues

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Warehouse items do qualify sometimes, gotta look at all the avenues
    Can't argue as I'm sure I haven't tried every possibility but generally it is the case, whether from Amazon or the Warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

It its UK, use addresspal. I got drill batteries recently.

It its UK, use addresspal. I got drill batteries recently.

It's hit and miss with Address Pal too if the box is marked to say it contains lithium batteries, which it should.
    I think the deciding factor is whether the bulk shipment is coming by sea or by air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

I got one for my hover via address pal a few months back. Luckly they marked it as a lot less than it was worth

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

samo wrote: »
    Will give these a go but 8.88 delivered to ireland for 12 month supply of generic Citirizine hay fever tablets

12 Months Supply Allacan Cetirizine Hayfever and Allergy Tablets 30 x 12 (30 x 2 in each box) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071KZS3BF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_VZ8W2D2K22F4B4K0TAQM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I picked these up also thanks, a pack of 30 (same drug different brand) here cost a tenner. Crazy prize difference.

On a related note, does anyone know the issue with Amazon not shipping the nasal sprays here? I can see them before I log in, say £4 for well known branded steroid one but when I log in it disappears, similar issue for drug free ones. Had a look at the detail and saw this NOT ALLOWED ON INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - Liquids over 100ml cannot be shipped outside UK. No way is the nasal spray 100ml, it's 100 sprays and more like 25ml.

• Advertisement

BLUEYK wrote: »
    I picked these up also thanks, a pack of 30 (same drug different brand) here cost a tenner. Crazy prize difference.

On a related note, does anyone know the issue with Amazon not shipping the nasal sprays here? I can see them before I log in, say £4 for well known branded steroid one but when I log in it disappears, similar issue for drug free ones. Had a look at the detail and saw this NOT ALLOWED ON INTERNATIONAL ORDERS - Liquids over 100ml cannot be shipped outside UK. No way is the nasal spray 100ml, it's 100 sprays and more like 25ml.

Medical products and their regulatory nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

AS1890 wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying that items under around €22 should have UK VAT removed at checkout? It was all along since Jan 1st but this morning when I add something to my basket for £8.99 no removal of VAT? It's been working fine all along.

I think it depends on the item, some things under 22€ vat gets removed at the checkout for me, but some things stay the exact same!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Cookiee wrote: »
    I think it depends on the item, some things under 22€ vat gets removed at the checkout for me, but some things stay the exact same!

Some products are not vat rated in the UK so there's no vat to be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Cookiee wrote: »

Absolutely nothing got taken from any of my 15+ orders recently. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

MarkY91 wrote: »

If you give an example it’ll help

• Registered Users Posts: 6,287 ✭✭✭positron

Basq wrote: »
    Love these things!

Kidult Addict A Ball Large Maze

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kidult-Addict-Ball-Large-Puzzle/dp/B0031J8Q4E/

£4.86 delivered.

This is turned out to be a hit with kids in the first 24 hours. Good one for a fiver. Thanks Basq.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

MarkY91 wrote: »

Were they sold by Amazon SARL in which case they shipped from EU?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Were they sold by Amazon SARL in which case they shipped from EU?

No, it's not about that.

Two cases when that happens: 3rd party seller not declaring VAT or items exempt from VAT in UK. In both cases Amazon doesn't have VAT to reduce the price for export.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,851 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

zell12 wrote: »
    Wooden Spoon 53p (edit: now changed to £2.30 & item cannot be shipped to IE!)
    Must be because it's considered a weapon in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Caranica wrote: »
    Some products are not vat rated in the UK so there's no vat to be removed.

Exactly, depends on what the item is that's ordered

Advertisement