Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

i love those glasses. makes me feel like i'm in Orbital
    got mine in Lidl for 2.80 reduced from 3.99

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Wearing those would make you look like Clark Kent checking what underwear a woman was wearing.

well they are for nighttime use ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

fryup wrote: »
    well they are for nighttime use ;)

Let me know the what people say when they see you out at night wearing them :eek:

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Looking to get one of the ring doorbells. Currently £90, do they come down often or standard price most of the year bar the big sales like Black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Looking to get one of the ring doorbells. Currently £90, do they come down often or standard price most of the year bar the big sales like Black Friday?

Have a look at ring.eu I got mine there for the same figure in Euros as Amazon were quoting in £. Then less than a month later they were reduced significantly for Prime Day, but I had mine installed by then

• Advertisement

Wexy86 wrote: »

Amazons choice is https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Doorbell-Advanced-Detection-installation/dp/B0872YXXWG/ checking on camelcamelcamel.com suggests now is as good as any time to buy https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0872YXXWG . You'll notice no change for Black Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Gumbo wrote: »
    Can someone explain the following please.

I bought a child’s toy on Amazon Uk for £26 (€30.35) delivered.
    Stupidly I didn’t realized it was being fulfilled by a USA seller.

Anyway, item arrived today and the customs charge is €25.49 which is made up of :
    Charges €18.45
    Tax €7.04.

I don’t mind paying the customs as that’s how it is but the charge seems high?
    I'd get on to Amazon customer support - I bought something from them before and after it was shipped I realised it was a US seller. They said if there were any extra charges they would cover them as they should have been indicate when it was bought - it's definitely worth talking to them at least

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^ not worth a sh1t ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the andrex toilet roll linked on the no chat thread is pure muck, i would advise not buying unless you have checked the reviews

Bought some before. It does the job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

the andrex toilet roll linked on the no chat thread is pure muck, i would advise not buying unless you have checked the reviews

The 2019 reviews seem bad but someone in 2021 said to disregard as product has changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm on my second batch of it and haven't noticed any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

I'm on my second batch of it and haven't noticed any issues.

No Issues with the Tissues?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I got a refund for my Andrex last month and bought 20 Regina seriously soft for £8.33

• Registered Users Posts: 43,777 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bought that Andrex Tissues and then.. 6 weeks later, my grandfather got hit by a truck.

Now, I'm not saying the Andrex is directly to blame but...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

I think a lot depends on the seller, if you just buy on price alone you can be caught out by fakes in anything, even on Amazon.
    I bought the Andrex before Christmas and I've no complaints, same with the Carex soap, I read some terrible reviews on Amazon but what I got is grand, lovely soap. I'd buy both again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Taken from the No-chat thread:
    POBox19 wrote: »

Anybody know where I could get a six-months supply of Loratadine which is alternative to Cetirizine, and a generic of Clarityn. While amazon lists it but doesn't ship it. Thanks

wait4me wrote: »
    Taken from the No-chat thread:

Anybody know where I could get a six-months supply of Loratadine which is alternative to Cetirizine, and a generic of Clarityn. While amazon lists it but doesn't ship it. Thanks

Not with Prime but this seems a decent deal https://www.amazon.co.uk/240-Loratadine-Allergy-Relief-Tablets/dp/B076CJ5TG3/

Why Loratadine? I alternate between the two 6 months Cetirizine then 6 months Loratadine just in case just in case one stops working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Caranica wrote: »
    I got a refund for my Andrex last month and bought 20 Regina seriously soft for £8.33

And are they ???🕵ðŸ¼*♂️🕵ðŸ¼*♂️🕵ðŸ¼*♂️

SheroP wrote: »
    And are they ???��ðŸ¼*♂️��ðŸ¼*♂️��ðŸ¼*♂️

Its a tissue of lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Why Loratadine? I alternate between the two 6 months Cetirizine then 6 months Loratadine just in case just in case one stops working for me.

Thanks.

Two of us use Cetirizine and the others use Loratadine. I might give Loratadine a lash as the hay fever is killing me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XMXRVQJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_S6NRV7BEFVKV1G1G3CB8
    Redmi 9 down to £109 for both colours. Got it for delly junior last time around, amazing phone for the money.
    Was £99 a month ago

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

zell12 wrote: »
    Was £99 a month ago

Yeah, I got it at £99, but it's back to £159 again. Seems it doesn't last long when reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Caranica wrote: »

I never thought I’d get excited to be buying toilet paper. Must be the age... Good deal on the Regina toilet rolll. With S&S it’s working out at £5.10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

zell12 wrote: »
    Was £99 a month ago

100e from Vodafone for the note 9 when porting to payg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

100e from Vodafone for the note 9 when porting to payg

Tried that. Honestly, life's too short to have to deal with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Tried that. Honestly, life's too short to have to deal with Vodafone.
    Very true statement, I ordered a phone last week, had to go to the chat because you can't just order a phone from Vodafone. You've to get your account cleared to order phones, and then the order went in no confirmation email. You have a problem with your bank. Amazon didn't have a problem with my bank.

Fairly sure I'm blacklisted with Vodafone :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Usb 2 is just not worth it for something you'll use regularly. Might be fine for a Windows usb or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Cheap ones are grand if you are putting files on them to give to other people. I’ve used similarly priced ones from AliExpress without issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yellow Dog wrote: »
    BLACK+DECKER 55 W Detail Mouse Electric Sander with 6 Sanding Sheets, BEW230-GB

Just under the €22 limit, so only £16.67

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07S17L4H6?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Does anyone own/buy this? Great price but wondering is 55 watts a bit under powered? Only need it to sand down a kitchen counter top before oiling so might do the trick?

Advertisement