Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teenage Darndale Gang

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

In my (early 80s) housing estate there's a road where people in Darndale were offered a scheme; basically if you worked at all the government were offering part of your deposit towards a house on this road (nice, private estate only about 20-30mins drive away from Darndale in the north direction).

It unfortunately meant that anyone with a bit of get up and go about them left Darndale and all that remained were the ones with zero interest in doing better.

Melrose Mansions?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,873 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The whole "Forgotten poor" thing gets on my tits bigly.

Yes. Poor people are not forgotten. There is a multitude of supports and help... ok, they might not get handed a BMW and a holiday to Mauritius but they get help, get financial aid.... go and do the leg work to fûcking GET help and make things happen too, instead of waiting to MAKE it happen.

Nobody ever rang me and asked me to do a course... nobody ever rang me and told me to come to an interview without applying ... like most people, I researched education courses, did a course, I looked for and applied for jobs online or in a paper, made a CV, applied, was interviewed....I MADE it happen...

If I’ve no job tomorrow, I decide I WANT one, I’m doing the following....

Getting a haircut

Getting a suit and shoes

Researching the jobs market

Making a CV and cover letter.

Reading up on and practicing my interview technique

Applying for a job(s)

Researching the companies from every angle

Turning up for interview and doing my best

In my X years in the jobs market, I never interviewed for a job where an offer didn’t follow. Because I’m a super candidate ? Not really... but..I can present very well, I researched the fûck out of the companies, the industry, the job, had good verifiable references... in other words, I tried, made the effort, wanted it.

If you are poor or disadvantaged... none of the above is beyond you. It’s attainable, with effort. Maybe you need to work harder, it might not come as easy... but you have to make it happen.

Turn to crime ? Face the consequences...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The forgotten poor?

Has that replaced the "most vulnerable in society" catchy lefty catchphrase?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The forgotten poor?

Has that replaced the "most vulnerable in society" catchy lefty catchphrase?

they really misuse that phrase.

the only thing I can think of safer than a dole sponger with a council gaf and a medical card is an AP grade civil servant who inherited their parents gaf in ballsbridge - almost impossible to screw up life and end up homeless in either of those cases.

the actual most vulnerable in society is a self employed person renting, but because half the time those people get on just fine they're not a priority at all.

I was just using "Forgotten Poor" as a term I read recently as a catch-all for the "Oh God love them" crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Thread delivers.

Truth hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Garda press release from the office of Drew Harris: Boys will be boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I love boards too much to risk getting a permanent ban to say what I really want

I’ll read these comments from afar.

Keep going lol...

Garda press release from the office of Drew Harris: Boys will be boys.

Say that to the girl in Clondalkin that got arrested for over 300K worth of drugs seized in March lol. Very diverse industry both areas are plagued with

Gards aren’t the blame for incompetence in the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Someone in the govt needs to have the balls to pass a strict law against these bully teens destroying this otherwise beautiful city. Its getting out of hand now ffs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Say that to the girl in Clondalkin that got arrested for over 300K worth of drugs seized in March lol. Very diverse industry both areas are plagued with

Gards aren’t the blame for incompetence in the area...

Drugs are a different story. They will get you for the drugs. Especially if its evil marijuana plants. Gardai caught a man with the makings of a pinner last week .

Someone in the govt needs to have the balls to pass a strict law against these bully teens destroying this otherwise beautiful city. Its getting out of hand now ffs

Criminals are customers to the court’s

Solicitors get paid by the criminal cases and judgements past down.

Free legal aid payments to the solicitor
    State expense payments which is a blank cheque to the judges...
    who pays for it me and you.
    Criminal gets off free..next customer please.

No incentive to stop.

Gards are doing there best dispite what the hunzo says on her Facebook status.

Drugs are a different story. They will get you for the drugs. Especially if its evil marijuana plants. Gardai caught a man with the makings of a pinner last week .

Illegal regardless of the amount unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

Illegal regardless of the amount unfortunately...

Whether it's legal or illegal I bet you'd still have the scumbaggy gangs which the thread is referring to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

Scum, Subhuman scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

These scrotes have the drug trade to fall back on instead of the hard slog of finding and keeping a legal job. The drug trade is at the top of the pyramid of the majority of other crimes. We dont have enough jobs for all the people who need jobs, some people will never spend the time and energy it takes to get a job. The drug trade needs to be removed as an option, but that needed to be done 30 years ago. Now, even if we legalized and controlled drugs, there would still be a large market. Our people in power were very shortsighted when illegal drugs were starting to boom in the the 70s, you cant control the drug trade from the outside, you can only mildly disrupt it.

As for teenagers in groups carrying out violent carnage on a regular basis, I'd love to see a renegade unit of an gardai siochana to identify these youths and get them on their own, batter em if need be, but definitely put the ****s up them, let them know that there illegal actions of certain calibre will be responded to in a similar fashion, it's the only language they seem to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Melrose Mansions?

Yep! Not a bad estate, went through rough patches like everywhere else- but generally decent enough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ElJeffe

Read a post on bookface last night about one one these scumbags getting an almighty hiding off the parent of a young lad they assaulted a few weeks back. He has a couple of broken ribs and a broken wrist. Here's hoping it's not just BS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Read a post on bookface last night about one one these scumbags getting an almighty hiding off the parent of a young lad they assaulted a few weeks back. He has a couple of broken ribs and a broken wrist. Here's hoping it's not just BS

Hope the parent doesn't have any legal problems.

Hope the parent doesn't have any legal problems.

Folk who give minors hidings don't usually worry about legal problems. Likely a bit of a local name, respected etc so AGS won't be notified.
    If he was an accountant in a big 4 firm or similar you can be sure
    1) he wouldn't be battering a minor
    2) he'd get his house petrol bombed or similat
    3) he'd have AGS to his door and he's be dealt with severely by the courts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭thegetawaycar

In about 4 years, maybe less, we're very likely going to have a government whose policy is to give even more money to these people.

At the same time, they'll be giving less power to Gardaí and courts to do anything about it.

Something to think about.

That's exactly what's going to happen and the main reason is the "housing crisis", there's a huge cohort of 20-40 year olds unable to afford a house where they want (close to the city) and paying large rents. They believe that the SF will magic them up houses in areas they want to live in when what would really make them have the possibility to live close to the city centre would be to move the scroungers away from it, imprison those that are career criminal/scum and then build upward in the city.

If the likes of Darndale were knocked and rebuilt with workers in mind as opposed to scroungers there'd be more affordable housing close to the city for them.

The ones contributing nothing were already pro SF and will be handed even more and the young workers will be left looking at commuting from further and further.

Most of the professional/middle class remain silent and will be ignored while the country goes to ****. FG have failed their followers massively, the party of those who get up in the morning my ass, watch taxes go up next year as the scroungers get a Christmas bonus. (I'd give the benefit for this year as a lot who usually contribute have been on welfare through no fault of their own).

I'm not sure where the belief that giving unending financial support to the less well off will make them strive to support themselves comes from but it's a failed system. Minimal financial support and investment in support for education, childcare etc... is the way to go IMO

I'm not sure where the belief that giving unending financial support to the less well off will make them strive to support themselves comes from but it's a failed system. Minimal financial support and investment in support for education, childcare etc... is the way to go IMO

Indeed, sure those on it are the forgotten poor etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm cracking up at the comments here about welfare payments and getting jobs

Do people not realise how much money some of these kids are making working for the drugs gangs?

Thats the core of it, theres a fortunes being made from drugs now, the Gardai arent at the races in combating the industry.

Horse has bolted, damage done. Short of some sort of three strikes law and massive sentences for organised crime, we're not fixing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ElJeffe wrote: »
    You mustn't have ever left Ireland if you think that. These scumbags would get eaten alive in part of Naples or Paris. Nearly everywhere in Europe has this problem.

In parts, unfortunately they are all over Dublin, and Ireland for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

In about 4 years, maybe less, we're very likely going to have a government whose policy is to give even more money to these people.

At the same time, they'll be giving less power to Gardaí and courts to do anything about it.

Something to think about.

My God. Sinn Fein shoehorned into another thread and is now being blamed on something 4 years in the future.

Absolute state of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Bambi wrote: »

Do people not realise how much money some of these kids are making working for the drugs gangs?

Thats the core of it, theres a fortunes being made from drugs now, the Gardai arent at the races in combating the industry.

Horse has bolted, damage done. Short of some sort of three strikes law and massive sentences for organised crime, we're not fixing this

Indeed. the young fellas who do the face to face dealing are not earning fortunes, but it is a wage they would be unlikely to get for work they don't want to do anyway.

One or two of them will rise in the ranks, hopefully to be murdered by other scum. Rest are too fkn stupid and lazy even to be successful dealers and will revert to lifelong welfare dependency and breed more scum.

the wonderful circle of life :)

You are right about the cops. A lot of corruption there as well.

Bambi wrote: »

Funny thing half the people in here and other places complaining about these scummers would have no issue snorting a few lines of coke at the weekend. They are that thick they don't see the correlation between the two.

Keplar240B wrote: »
    A good tree produces good fruit, and a bad tree produces bad fruit.

Sh1t apples, Randy..

In parts, unfortunately they are all over Dublin, and Ireland for that matter.

They aren't all over Dublin, they aren't all over the aforementioned either.

• Advertisement

Anyone remember Harry Brown? Decent little vigilante flick with Michael Caine from '09 - we could do with a few Harry Browns around Darndale by the looks of things, if the Gardaí aren't willing to do anything.

Advertisement