Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Seifer wrote: »
    Patch notes in all their nerfy glory.
    They hit Yorrick very hard :/

I checked that out. That is today, right?

Will hbe a go with tf and see how bad it is.

Interesting change of jax. I presume they nerfed his early game only. I play jax alot and I have to admit. He can hit like a **** truck in early game. If he has full ap/ ap pen page it's even worse.

Yorick is just confusing nerf! Nothing said about it on preview and bang! Wasn't he buffed just a week ago? I still dot see any Yorick unless it's free. They all fail too.

Anyone tried monkey king?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The patch will be going live tonight afaik so you'll be able to try out the changes tomorrow.

The preview only explains the interesting / controversial nerfs. Everyone knew that Yorrick, Gangplank and Annie were going to be nerfed. Just didn't know they were going to stomp all over Yorrick and only tickle gp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I like the look of the new champion Wukong - some of my favourite characters to play are those with high attack and movement speed so I think I will invest in him and give it a good shot.

Yeah, he looks fun. The amount of people failing with that stop juking that Phreak showed will be hilarious :D

They announced their player numbers and they're pretty big :D
    Joystiq article on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1.4 Mil a day, thats a reasonable community that.

Haven't played much yesterday as I wasnt in the mood to tf when patch is next day.

I tried Shen as I am looking for anather champ to replace tf. He is fun and really tanky, but he feels extremely weak. I used best guide, which is very solid, but it didn't helped.
    I camt even pick off champs running away on 5% as I have nothing offensive. The deeper game goes, the weaker Offencive abilities go.

I presume that's why I love moakai. Fully tank built he still can defend himself in 1v1. He is bigger addition to team with his ulty, snare, and interrupts in team fights.

Trayed urgot. He isn't too bad, but I just don't like the way you need to play him. His item setup is very weird. He needs to stack up ad, but he does not use his auto attack much. Ulty is awesome thought. :)

Filthy Easterners are getting the patch a day early. Should be tonight for EU West.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I am playing on North American servers and played a game or two yesterday against a monkey king

Did what I always do with singed and popped ult + sprint, charge at him, toss him back and watch him choke on my poison, hes nothing special, dies like the rest ...

On the other hand, played a game with a Blitzcrank on my team for the first time, dam he looks like fun, saving up for him now .. Hook to tower, when they try to run I toss em back ... I was 4/0/2 and he was 2/0/4 by the end of the laning phase

GO_Bear wrote: »
    On the other hand, played a game with a Blitzcrank on my team for the first time, dam he looks like fun, saving up for him now .. Hook to tower, when they try to run I toss em back ... I was 4/0/2 and he was 2/0/4 by the end of the laning phase

He's great against ok players, but not so good when people know how to deal with the grab. Fast champs can avoid it quite easily by constantly tacking back and forth.

That kinda combo makes it easy though, grab and stun, then ally stuns/flings/walls/cannonballs/charges them again, no way to survive it except with "Endless Rage" :p He's also good for the start of twisted, all go down just beside the grass on bot, wait and grab, easy first blood every time.

• Advertisement

He's great against ok players, but not so good when people know how to deal with the grab. Fast champs can avoid it quite easily by constantly tacking back and forth.

I played alot of the Blitzcrank/Pudge equivalent in HoN so I am well versed in hooking :)

Still need about 4000 IP tho :(

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Shen isn't really a full tank, he's more of a nieussance and peeler (A term used in WoW) where he's there mostly to pull away problematic champs from your own team, or pull people INTO a gank, stop certain ultimates or just sponge some damage for a while. Unlike Alistar or Maoki, Shen isn't as durable - Shen's shields don't really soak as much as they used to, apparantly, so he's much easier to kill if he doesn't have taunts to dive out of combat, nevermind into it.

His damage is actually not that bad and I even had a laugh with AP shen (There is a guide - Yes, it's a troll build) but if you're used to how low Shen's regular damage is, it's quite a big difference.

He's a good farmer, actually. All you need is to time a VB with Ki Strike and you'll farm minions all day - But if you're just going to autoattack everything, yeah, his damage is garbage.

You're not there to do damage, you're there to make openings for your carries to do MORE damage and make them last longer :P Just a shame other tanks can also do this AND dish out more damage... Still, Shen's fun.

so he is more of a "tanky support" then full time tank.

he is a bit on week side, but he is surprisingly fun to play. his dash taunt is very awesome.

really lol, when you see your vaybe or ashe being gangbanged and on 10%, you just trololol shield and teleport in! saved ad carries so many times!

Yes that is how he is described, a support-tank or 'conventional' tank, whereas Maoki, Singed, Alistar etc are just plain full on Tanks. I'm sure this isn't how Shen is supposed to be just with his nerfs he can't really live up to much else but there's a lot of dedicated Shen's with many guides and they say he's still viable just takes a lot of work.

Had a normal a few days back with Leona as Tank and me (Shen) Supporting and it worked out quite well, you've two damage soakers, a main tank with stuns and slows and Shen there to peel people away for kills or away from the team in general. Sadly it'll always be about damage in that case - It's all well and good being able to take a beating but if the team can't dish out death on demand, you will fail, and that sort of setup leaves you only 3 possible DPS champs so if they pick something weak, the team is gimped without situational luck or some serious feed.

funny enought i had a go with leona. had a little bit of a feeder game form my side, as setup was idiotic, me and anunu top lane... zilion and vayne bot. anunu was braindead. he used ulty to kill dragon... constantly letting me die. in team fights it was different story. Leona is prety damn cool, but i bet nerfs incoming soon. like to any newish champ.

i will deffo give her a go again. Was shen nerfed reccently? i heard alot of QQ about it.

btw is there any good youtube channel for LoL? starcraft got day9, husky. wow got totalbiscuit. what lol got? :o

This is very random, but whats the lowest you can solo the dragon?(with any champ, and which)

Guides have stated that Warwick can solo Dragon as early as level 4 - Problem is this is a guide I read when I first started LoL and for all I know it could have been made donkeys months before nerfs/buffs/changes in general.
    He could but he can't anymore. Level 7 double buffed was the last time I did it. And that was before the nerf to his Q.

Lee sin can do it at 6 apparently but I haven't tested it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Fiddle with blue buff is by far the easiest, earliest and safest to solo dragon, all other classes MUST have a madreds razors to get away with it.

I think you can get away with a level 4 or 5 dragon on fiddle, double buffed and a little AP through runes.

The heal and cool down on his drain is just too good at the moment.

You'll have to nab dragon anyway, the champ cant farm for ****.

I'm thinking Heim could do it on lvl 4/5 with 2 turrets, gonna try it out when I get home, can always flash away if it fails.

Heimerdinger dragon solo at level 8 with 70 AP and 55% MPen. Can be done at any level where Heimerdinger's turrets can outdamage the regening HP of the reset creep.

Eventually the dragon had 50 stacks of turret MR debuff.

All you have to do is stay out of range and taunt him. Hehe, using this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gone back to playing Ashe, have tinkered and tried a number of different characters and I just prefer the playstyle and feel of Ashe.

I've come on a little bit as a player and mid-end game I'm starting to do some damage.

Had a game two nights aog in a random and absolutely dominated. Getting better at my last hits I farmed up some gear really fast and was pretty unstoppable.

Last night played a game with the lads and while I didnt have lots of kills, I'd about 20 something assists and all my stun arrows were productive and resulted in kills for my team or ace's.

Also major kudos to Riot for the changes, havnt touched of a Q in a couple of nights :)

Going to put some more attention into LoL over WoW to get myself 30 and start hitting some ranked games, some of the lads are doing well in ranked and I want to get in on that action .

Is banana king out? Anyone tried him out?

Is he ad or ap lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Is banana king out? Anyone tried him out?

Is he ad or ap lads?

Yeah I picked up his bundle today. Played one 3v3 to get a feel for him and then one 5v5.

Mixed thoughts so far. Definitely an AD champ, I might try look into a AS+Crit build too with -cooldown runes etc. May have a decent build with that too.

Got first blood in both games, seemed too easy. Nimbus strike in, exhaust, auto, nimbus as they run, kill. If 2 focus on 1 then it's impossible not to kill even if they heal. I can see that getting a nerf already!

I might get a game or two in tomorrow to test it some more, will take a good few games to get the hang of. Decoy is a very nice trick though, you can pull of some real houdini escapes with it, even when others expect it if you can pull out the unexpected.

Vikings wrote: »
    Yeah I picked up his bundle today. Played one 3v3 to get a feel for him and then one 5v5.

Mixed thoughts so far. Definitely an AD champ, I might try look into a AS+Crit build too with -cooldown runes etc. May have a decent build with that too.

Got first blood in both games, seemed too easy. Nimbus strike in, exhaust, auto, nimbus as they run, kill. If 2 focus on 1 then it's impossible not to kill even if they heal. I can see that getting a nerf already!

I might get a game or two in tomorrow to test it some more, will take a good few games to get the hang of. Decoy is a very nice trick though, you can pull of some real houdini escapes with it, even when others expect it if you can pull out the unexpected.

His early game harassment is very very good. Thing is he can harras and then feck off very easily with clone thing. One thing for sure - you need to be aggressive with him in early game. If he goes in lane vs squishes then it's gg. He can harras the living Jesus our of them.

I want to get a bundle too. Try out him before the massive nerf hammer will hit him in the jewels. I got 1.3k riot points. Need less then 100 to buy it. Fuuuuuuuu lol.

Oh yeah, I tried tf after nerf. The range is just idiotic. You better off taking teleport as summoner spell. Or make it instant cast teleport with that range or make ist range a little bit bigger. He is a champ with no ulty now.

Seems HoN were having trouble keeping up, just went Free to Play. Still full of ****, but might be worth a shot.

Seems HoN were having trouble keeping up, just went Free to Play. Still full of ****, but might be worth a shot.

Don't know how I feel about it myself ...

Increasing the playerbase,

But people with paid accounts won't be in the same match making brackets as the free accounts until they become verified
    Verified: Basic accounts that have been upgraded through a show of commitment to their account, by either purchasing Goblin Coins or surpassing a certain threshold of play time

My only concerns are;

Smurfing will completely destroy games ( with gold loss on death and denying)

If I play a game with a verified account ( My account is now a legacy account so I have all the heroes ) and he has not purchased all the heroes ... How are we supposed to synergise a team especially since you cannot have duplicate heroes in HoN

Opening the flood gates to noobs will only further chastise the troll infested community of HoN

Then again I might just make a smurf tonight :O to see the 15 hero rotation , should be hilarious since both teams have to pick 5 and you cannot have dup heroes haha, should be some funny games !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive only played a hand full of LOL games but enough to see it too is full of ****.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive only played a hand full of LOL games but enough to see it too is full of ****.

Lol is full of little ****s too, not denying that, it just seems to be consensus that HoN is worse/more elitist.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Lol is full of little ****s too, not denying that, it just seems to be consensus that HoN is worse/more elitist.

Ill dload hon later to have a go, yeah im hearing the general consensus is hon is worse, must be frikking bad after what my limited games of LoL thought me about its commmunity :eek:

Fcuk it id prefer to play with bots lol, any of them have bots for some pve?

Lol has bots; not up to much though.

See if you've only played a few times it'd be at the lower levels, wait till you get up to about 20 then people start calming down.

• Advertisement

There is nothing wrong with elitism when it is in the competitive scene,

You will actually find that the worst are in the mid skill ranging from 1500-1700 player skill rating, because very few people make it out of this bracket and it is a lot harder to influence the game yourself if your team is failing.

Having been playing both I think the amount of raging/griefing is the same in both. I just think LoL does a better job of pairing new players with new players then HoN, so the outward appearance is alot better for League. I genuienly in my first 5 games of LoL played with complete newbies who looked like they had never played a MoBa before, while in HoN my first 5 games where with people who had already played 50 or so games, so I quickly lost stats until I ended up in the lowest bracket ( Yes in HoN you can go lower than what you start with ) at which point I reached players of my skill level at that time.

Advertisement