Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Nokia Lumia 925

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

So, so tempted to get this. Just off the phone with Meteor and I can get it for nothing on an upgrade right now. Unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 5gb of internet for €49 a month. Only drawback is a 24 month contract.

Just picked mine up from VF, its extremely nice in the hand, ordered the wireless charging case so will be looking forward to that arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

liamog wrote: »
    Just picked mine up from VF, its extremely nice in the hand, ordered the wireless charging case so will be looking forward to that arriving.

What color case?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

jimmynokia wrote: »
    What color case?

I've ordered the yellow one, I had the 820 with the yellow on it and liked the way it stood out.

I dp wish Nokia would bring out green cases though.

For anyone who was wondering I can confirm datasense is working on the Vodafone rom

I've ordered the yellow one, I had the 820 with the yellow on it and liked the way it stood out.

I dp wish Nokia would bring out green cases though.

For anyone who was wondering I can confirm datasense is working on the Vodafone rom

Have you set data sense up yet ?

Have you set data sense up yet ?

I've turned it on, need to set up the bill date correctly so far only used the phone on my home Wifi but the numbers seem close enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Just ordered the 925 from meteor last night. Where's the cheapest place to buy a charging case and plate. Seem expensive to me! Are they likely to come down in price any time soon?

If I don't bother with wireless charging I was looking at case-mate or otterbox. Will they be long about releasing something for the 925. Have a case mate phantom on my galaxy s3 and it offers great protection which I'd be better of with in my job. Or any other recommendations for a case that offers a little more protection than the standard kind of offerings?

Thanks

Not sure about the cases, I ordered mine from Amazon but it was the only place I could find a yellow one.

The charging plates are €35 in Vodafone at the moment which seems to be a vary good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Not sure about the cases, I ordered mine from Amazon but it was the only place I could find a yellow one.

The charging plates are €35 in Vodafone at the moment which seems to be a vary good price.

Okay thanks, 35 is very good alright. I'll have a look there are so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's a very good price, should they be in all stores?

• Advertisement

It was in the store in Blanchardstown Centre when I was there at the weekend. I can't speak for the others.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Got one in the lower Grafton street store there at lunch. They have one more out on the shelves anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

I picked one up in Dundrum yesterday, decent deal aright, thanks liamog.

Obviously had to pick up the wireless case then too, which was another 35.. was kinda scratching my head on the way home after essentially paying 70 blips to charge my phone on a pad rather than simply sticking the wire in.. I'm still trying to justify it to myself to be honest!

The case fits, looks and feels great, although I've noticed that it blocks the speaker on the rear of the phone, and music/sound seems somewhat muffled as a result.

Was just playing some tunes and I had to take the cover off again just to get the crispness back - anyone else found this annoying?

Which colours did they have, I wasn't able to pick up a cover in Vodafone at the weekend. I got mine from Amazon for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

Which colours did they have, I wasn't able to pick up a cover in Vodafone at the weekend. I got mine from Amazon for €25

Red and black

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭markf1982

hey all

where is the best place to buy one of these unlocked? unfortunately im with 3 and their refusal to stock lumias is killing me. i live in a rural area too and 3 are the only ones i can get coverage with so im stuck with them.
    if the price is crazy and i could get a lumia 920 cheaper is there much of a difference bar obvious ie size and weight?

thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Yeah I will put up a review for sure. Just on the 920 the 925 is much lighter many folk seen the 920 as heavy.

Let's have that review

AMBER UPDATE CHANGELOG LEAKED.

The PR2.0 codenamed Amber update for Nokia Lumia 920 and its WP8 siblings is in the rumorland for quite some time and is highly anticipated by all owners. In case you own a Lumia 920/820/720/620/520 you are probably curious what to expect with the upcoming update.
    The Amber update contains the official Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update that is coming later this year to every WP8 smartphone. There are a number of features that will remain exclusive to the Lumia lineup, though.
    As luck would have it the guys from nokiawindowsphone.pl managed to get their hands on the complete changelog of the PR2.0 Amber and shared it with the rest of us.
    Glance Screen: Clock Charging indicator / low battery Indicator for silent / vibra mode, night mode (change color for night time). OFF by default.
    Smart camera capture the best moment: Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequense take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best 'face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best' shot.
    FM Radio: Be ready to tune your favorite station - FM Radio is BACK! Store your favorite stations for the next time.
    Flip: Flip to silence the phone to turn it silence.
    Data Sense: Managing your data flow monitor and control data usage. Optimally compressing web traffic.
    Find your closest hotspot: Enriched web services (for operators).
    HERE branding Location & Commerce
    Here Maps v3.4: Your compass is a discovery What's New: Increased venue map coverage Favorites saved in HERE Maps now sync across all HERE experiences Personalized Live Tile options: Pin and Pin destination to start a place to start as favorite Pin Pin to start a place category to start
    Here Drive + v2.2: The open road made easy What's New: Sync favorite places with other apps HERE and here.com Customize your map to display relevant points of interest, dry as restaurants, gas stations, and more one-tap access to speed limit Alert options right from the dashboard Personalized Live Tile options: Pin to Start a destination (one tap gives driving directions to That destination)
    Here Transit v3.5: Now arriving: the best way across town What's New: Access your favorites through your searches Display nearby stations directly on a map opens Transit Maps to display more route options Transit Maps opens to display the battles navigation options Personalized Live Tile: Pin a destination like Home, Work, or School to start (one tap shows public transit routes and times to get there from wherever you are)
    And these are some of the features part of the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update.
    Xbox Music facilitated selection, procurement and pinning music. Also for fans of music are provided to display more detailed metadata (eg information about the songs and albums), and made other improvements.
    You can listen to FM radio: FM radio directly in the heart of Music + Video. (This is not available in some phones).
    Data Sense: Sense With the service date have complete control over the amount of data sent over the phone. You can impose a limit corresponding to your subscription or simply keep track of which applications send much data. (Not all mobile operators offer the service offering Sense).
    Application: Skype applications to support VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol), for example, Lync and Skype now gained greater stability and efficiency of operations.
    Comfort: Internet Explorer web browsing will be greatly improved by better compliance with HTML 5
    Other improvements includes many other improvements of Windows Phone.
    The Amber update is available out of box on the Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020. We expect it to hit the other compatible smartphones in a month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

The only things in the amber update that interest me are double-tap to wake (neato) and data sense. I'm almost certain o2 won't support even the basic of features of datasense - keeping track of my data. And sure why would they when they can make a fortune off a customer exceeding their data? I was roaming last week in the UK and needed email access every day so I paid 2 euro for their 25mb a day roaming data. It was impossible to tell on my handset how much data I was using and their own (non-mobile-optimized) website was always hours behind anyway. So come on Nokia / Microsoft / o2: surprise me!

Anyone with a sim free lumia 925 there is an update rolling out now build number - 10328, bug fixes.

• Advertisement

Call and sms filter now on the 925 check your info and extras update.

Pro cam is now available for the 925 http://conversations.nokia.com/?p=132315

And AMBER is now rolling out http://conversations.nokia.com/?p=132123

Jimmy, is there any chance you could give me some feedback on this phone, as I intend to get it in two weeks

Jimmy, is there any chance you could give me some feedback on this phone, as I intend to get it in two weeks

Are there any particular areas you have questions on, I've been using it since launch so could give a second opinion.

Are there any particular areas you have questions on, I've been using it since launch so could give a second opinion.

Yup feel free to ask questions I've been using the device several weeks before launch as per norm. The joys of testing lol.

Well, what's performance like? What will be the main differences I'll notice from my 800 with 7.8?

Well, what's performance like? What will be the main differences I'll notice from my 800 with 7.8?

The camera for a start which needs no introduction,its generally more fluid.
    You have more apps
    More RAM faster clockspeed,bigger screen,better battery,pixel density,faster upload downloads,and its lighter and thinner.The camera outdoes the 800S Camera in all respects.

The camera for a start which needs no introduction,its generally more fluid.
    You have more apps
    More RAM faster clockspeed,bigger screen,better battery,pixel density,faster upload downloads,and its lighter and thinner.The camera outdoes the 800S Camera in all respects.

How do I transfer all my stuff on Zune over to the WP8 app? I know its supposedly straightforward enough, but any issues?

You can just take from pc and drag and drop it to your phone when connected there could be issues with drm on videos or some songs.
    The app is fine if you have any issues let me know there is other workarounds.

there is also a desktop app http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/windows-phone-app-for-desktop..

Posting from phone here btw lol...On the road

• Advertisement

Great, thanks. Oh, any word when WP will support podcasts again?

Advertisement