Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia Premiere Edition €59.99

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

You might be as well off buying it in app. You can make sure it's added to your account right away. And if you have any Bluetooth controller knocking about, you can play it right away in your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭radius345

Great deal on the Premiere Edition for anyone looking to get into Stadia -

Premiere Edition consists of Stadia controller and Chromecast Ultra. To buy the controller on it's own it currently costs €69 on the Google Store weirdly.

Have been using this setup for a few months now and it is a great job.

Link: https://store.google.com/ie/product/stadia?hl=en-GB

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

tell me why i need this when i already have an xbox one that i never get to play that? was thinking it could be a useful addition to my 32" monitor i just took delivery of...

ablelocks wrote: »
    tell me why i need this when i already have an xbox one that i never get to play that? was thinking it could be a useful addition to my 32" monitor i just took delivery of...

Because you can play Stadia anywhere. It runs on your TV, phone or chrome browser on PC.

It's great for those that don't have time to go and sit on a console. Play a bit on TV, phone in bed, PC at lunch in work. All you need is your controller and an internet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

I have it. I don't think it'd replace an Xbox if you already have one. I used to play pc games years ago and console games until a couple of years ago. Then I just played less and less until I sold the Xbox one.

For a casual gamer it's a cheap way of getting console quality games for the odd play.
    I wouldn't bother buying the current consoles.
    But MSFT are bringing a similar type service or too. Maybe it's comparable or better.

Some of the games on the pro subscription are great. I'm playing through Jedi Fallen Order.

I play mine on the TV. Playing on the phone is a novelty for me and I don't bother with it. Some of the text is tiny (I may be getting old).

I have Chromecast with Android TV on my TVs plus on my folks TV. It's coming to that (finally) at the end of the month so that'll be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

If you have an xbox one and gamepass then there is no point at all. It's the only thing that stops me picking it up.

Stadia is Gen 5. If you have a Xbox One it's only Gen 4. So Stadia is a cheap way to step up to cutting edge gaming without spending €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

Hi guys, left of centre query here. My family suddenly need to quarantine for 14 days abroad in a country where it is strictly enforced. I have 10 year olds and want to make it as stress free as possible. As they won't be able to go outside I was hoping to get something like this to help them pass the time. Don't know anything about consoles or games but was thinking this or a Wii might be good? They'll have to forget about Pokemon Go for the two weeks 🀪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭wassie

Stadia service will depend on 2 things:
    Quality of the wifi at the hotel - will it be fast enough? Also my experience with a lot of hotel wifi connections is they are often not stable and drop out frequently.

More importantly, what country you will be in as service may not be available.

See list of supported countries here https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9566513?hl=en

For 10yo have a look at Nintendo Switch. Can be used as a handheld console or connected to TV and great for multiplayer. Good choice if they are into Pokemon as it is exclusive to Nintendo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Same story here, 40 year old ex gamer
    dad with two toddlers running around and a PS4 gathering dust in the cabinet. This setup could work for me but I missed out on the RE deal. Any other deals coming out? I’m not sure if this free game is a regular deal or was a once off as there is no games free with it now I believe

It is much better for lapsed gamers I feel. You are not tied to the console in one spot. You can play on your phone (way better than it sounds), or on a PC or the TV.

You don't need to buy this premier edition to check out stadia. If you just want to see if it works. You can connect any Bluetooth controller to your phone and use the app, or you can use a chrome browser on a PC or Laptop.

Destiny 2 is free so you can just set it up and see how it goes. If all goes okay I would get this premier edition as the Chromecast ultra plugs into any TV and the controller is lovely.

In saying that, the Chromecast with Google TV is getting stadia next week. And that is more like a firestick with Netflix and Disney + etc installed so offers a bit more in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

wassie wrote: »
    Stadia service will depend on 2 things:
    Quality of the wifi at the hotel - will it be fast enough? Also my experience with a lot of hotel wifi connections is they are often not stable and drop out frequently.

More importantly, what country you will be in as service may not be available.

See list of supported countries here https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9566513?hl=en

For 10yo have a look at Nintendo Switch. Can be used as a handheld console or connected to TV and great for multiplayer. Good choice if they are into Pokemon as it is exclusive to Nintendo.

Thanks a million, that answers everything. I'll have a look at the Switch. Cheers.

Advertisement