Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Stadia Premiere Edition €59.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So for an extra 9.99 more than this thread deal you get re8 too? ... Amazing deal!
    Think I have to get it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

What is the controller like for using on Steam game for example?

Also, if Stadia closes, you can no longer play any games, you never really own a copy of the game, is that correct?

Wouldn't have much time to play now so just wondering if it is worth investing in to play at a later time.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Big problem with the controller is that it doesn't connect via bluetooth and instead uses wifi so if stadia goes the controller is useless. I've heard the controller does have some sort of bluetooth functionality that's disabled so best case scenario some firmware update would allow you to use it elsewhere...

And for the previous query, based on the cyberpunk deal, I recieved my contoller a week after the game launched

Big problem with the controller is that it doesn't connect via bluetooth and instead uses wifi so if stadia goes the controller is useless.

Steam recognises it when you use it as a wired controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

So for an extra 9.99 more than this thread deal you get re8 too? ... Amazing deal!
    Think I have to get it now.

Where does it say in the RE8 deal that it includes the Cromecast and Controller?

I see the 2nd link states
    Eligible users who pre-order or purchase Resident Evil Village on Stadia between 22 March 2021 12:01 am GMT and 21 May 2021 11:59 pm GMT receive a Stadia Premiere Edition (Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra) at no additional charge, subject to these Terms and Conditions (the 'Offer'). Offer includes free basic delivery.

• Advertisement

SickBoy wrote: »
    Where does it say in the RE8 deal that it includes the Cromecast and Controller?

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/10495261?hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Cireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,996 ✭✭✭✭event

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Hi all
    Wanted to provide a quick review of Stadia from my experience. I purchased the Chromecast Ultra & controller before Christmas and hadn't really used it until FIFA was released on Mar 17th. Since then though I've really started to see the brilliance of the idea and am very happy with it.

I'm not a big gamer and with a young family FIFA is the perfect game for me to pick up & go when I've 20-30 mins free time. With FIFA on Stadia I can play on my TV via the Chromecast but then also via my Android tablet using my Bluetooth controller (8BitDo SN30 Pro+). Smaller screen of course but matches are very playable and performance is perfect. And finally, I can continue to play the same game of FIFA on my phone when in bed. FIFA has a great sim match mode that is very similar to Football Manager so that works really well.

I just love being able to continue the same game of FIFA on different devices without losing any functionality or making any performance trade offs. The only thing limiting me is the size of the screen I'm playing it on.

This makes Stadia a perfect "console" for me and I'm very happy I invested in it instead of shelling out E300-E500 for a console that's tied to one screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you are getting Stadia I highly recommend the Orzly Stadia Controller mount for your Phone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly-Phone-Google-Stadia-Controller-Black/dp/B0898PJ5QM/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=O8FD8UV32XFE&dchild=1&keywords=orzly+stadia+mount&qid=1616598525&sprefix=orzly+sta%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzTVdVOUE2M1VaUVVCJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjgwNjQzNlAwOE1aNDQyUjJRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAzMTIzMTYxNjlBRzhWUklTUVNGJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Stadia Controller can connect over Wifi to the Stadia App, but it can be a bit fiddly at times and it has more than once told me I need to connect with a cable. As my phone is a USB-C charger I didn't have a USB-C to USB-C cable. I didn't want a long cable So I went with this one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0897CZKPG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Stadia and Chromecast Ultra arrived today. Very easy setup, took about 10 minutes.
    Was happy to see it gave me 3 months Pro trial and €10 voucher for my first game purchase.

How did you get 3 months Pro trial? I've just finishing setting mine up but it's saying 1 month Pro trial and billing starts in April. Is there something I'm missing or did you get lucky? Don't want to miss an extra few free months before I hit subscribe. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

If you already have stadia and order re8 , do you still get another one? Or do you have to set up another account to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Sappy404

If you already have stadia and order re8 , do you still get another one? Or do you have to set up another account to get it?

I think they're doing RE cheap for existing members.

And one more tip. If you want to play on your phone but it is unsupported. You can still use it, by turning in the experimental mode in the settings.

It works great on my MI10T.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

How did you get 3 months Pro trial? I've just finishing setting mine up but it's saying 1 month Pro trial and billing starts in April. Is there something I'm missing or did you get lucky? Don't want to miss an extra few free months before I hit subscribe. Thanks.

If you've Google One you can get a 3 month trial as a "perk"

No need to make a new account. The offer is open to everyone, subject to the usual stock limits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

feargantae wrote: »
    No need to make a new account. The offer is open to everyone, subject to the usual stock limits

It mentions this in the terms
    Limit one Stadia Premiere Edition per user; six per household

Does this mean if you have a Stadia Premier Edition from a different promotion associated with the account that you will not get another Stadia Premier Edition in this offer?

Does this mean if you have a Stadia Premier Edition from a different promotion associated with the account that you will not get another Stadia Premier Edition in this offer?

It means if say you bought the standard version of Village you'd get the free Stadia bundle, but then if you decided to buy the Deluxe version for whatever reason you wouldn't get the CCU again.

I got the Cyberpunk bundle and I'm elible for the RE8 promo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mine came today and I tested it out with a quick game of F1 2020.

I must say, i'm hugely impressed! It was very smooth, not even a stutter.

Google are ahead of their time here. They released this when the consoles are around. The Stadia won't be taking down Sony or Microsoft right now but this is definitely the future of "console" gaming IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

MrStuffins wrote: »

Google are ahead of their time here. They released this when the consoles are around. The Stadia won't be taking down Sony or Microsoft right now but this is definitely the future of "console" gaming IMO.

the way the world is going. you will stream everything when you want for a monthly fee - music(spotify), films (netflix), games (Strada), microsoft office,

i wonder what will be next.

Back on topic, ive read that the competitors to Strada arent very good. seems like this could be the product to take a monopoly unless microsoft steps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

As feargantae said it was because I use "Google 1", it's an added perk. Basically I'm paying google for additional cloud storage on Drive and it just so happened that because of that they gifted me another 2 months of Stadia Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

They send you a link to get the hardware delivered

Does it take them long to send the link? Have purchased the RE bundle and setup account, no link sent yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

beardo81 wrote: »
    Does it take them long to send the link? Have purchased the RE bundle and setup account, no link sent yet.

I'm waiting too, ordered on 22nd. Will we have to wait until resident evil launches?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

If you don't want a subscription can you just buy games? I thought I read that somewhere but can't find prices of games

Peck3277 wrote: »
    If you don't want a subscription can you just buy games? I thought I read that somewhere but can't find prices of games

Yeah you can buy games and stream them for free but it is limited to 1080p. But remember that is a1080p video of a high end system running on ultra settings. So it will still looks great.

If you subscribe you can stream in 4k. You also get free games each month and decent discounts on games you want to buy. But you don't need the sub.

Nope it's just that you can't buy 2 Copies of RE and expect 2 premier editions.

But if you got the launch or cyberpunk offers you can buy this again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Agent67

Sorry but can this play TV streamers too or games only

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Agent67 wrote: »
    Sorry but can this play TV streamers too or games only

It's a normal chromecast. So you can cast stuff like Netflix / Youtube / Amazon etc. etc. to it from your phone and they play on your TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

A review I saw said that because the games are downloading as you're playing them, the lag time between you doing something and the reaction onscreen is woeful. Like, really shocking.

The idea is fantastic but it's too good to be true, there has to be a catch. It doesn't work at all seems to be the catch.

Well this is a complete lie. I have had Stadia since day 1. I honestly cant even tell the difference between the Stadia stream or playing locally on a PlayStation. Ill be honest and say 12 months ago there were lag issues, but now its practically seamless. Unless you're a hardcore purist you wont have an issue. Stadia is great for casual pick up and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭andyred

Yes but you can't stream in 4k without the subscription which is a bit of a disappointment. I wonder if the free games on the Pro subscription ever include the bigger titles. You could get your money's worth if there were 2 big titles available each year.

I currently have about 80 games in my library that were free with Pro over the last year. Some of the bigger titles in there are Metro 2033 Redux, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro Exodus, Rise Of The Tomb Raider 20 Year Edition, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, F1 2020, Grid, Hitman and plenty of other smaller titles. Little Nightmares 2 was free the day it was released too. They have given some decent games on the Pro membership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

MrStuffins wrote: »

Nvidia Geforce NOW started back in 2015

Google didn't do anything new here and will discontinue the Stadia product in a few years, they already laid off the entire internal development team.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/google-shuts-down-internal-stadia-games-development-team/

Google also rely on Nvidia for their GPUs in their cloud gaming service.

Advertisement