Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

My whole family kicked off my account pretty much

They've had a free ride for years so they did alright 😁

Trying to explain this to your mother though 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭bren2001

My parents found Stremio easier to navigate. I find it handier as well, if they have an issue, I can log in and see what they’re doing wrong.

Usually, they’ve selected the movie and not the tv show or vice versa…..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

This ^^^ 💯

If I was setting up a service for anyone else? It would be Stremio with torrentio for real-debrid and a couple of other add-ons rather than Kodi.

Its a far simpler and more intuitive setup. Yes Kodi beats it as a media centre, particularly for local files and some other stuff. But? Stremio, for both codgers and lazy young 'uns is a far, far simpler proposition and it keeps the same UI and plugins across multiple devices.

I love Kodi, but? Simple it ain't especially when you set it up with a custom skin and add-ons, and then it goes wrong. You can fix Stremio via the website, whereas Kodi will end up needing a visit 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Do they have the option to pay a small fee to share your account? This would be the norm if it's a password sharing crackdown. If you don't have an option to pay a small fee then I think it's a Irish /Turkish crackdown rather than a sharing one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

where is the post with instructions? Or can someone list them please, is it the same as the youtube steps? I am connecrted to Turkey, but when I try to create a new account with a new email address it says soemthing went wrong.

Edit: Managed to sign up through Croatia, will see how it goes, is there a chance they kick me out?

Post edited by xabi on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I'm with GamsGo and got booted off this morning also. There is a work around but it's only for two weeks if you're 'out of the country ' .

Post edited by Peig Sayers on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,540 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I had a look and there's unfortunately no option to add additional people to the Turkish accounts like you can with Irish ones.

I can still use my Turkish Netflix absolutely fine, just seems to be the account sharing that was nuked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks all for mentioning Stremio / Torrentio.

Just installed Stremio on my Android. Created account. Then googled Torrentio and there was an install button on Torrentio homepage. Clicked that and it said 'installed' about 2s later.

Searched for a series in Stremio and selected Torrentio stream.

Is it all really that easy? What's the catch? And is there no fee to pay or premium version or anything? I see nowhere in Stremio app or Torrentio site to pay anything?

it’s that easy.

Advisable to setup Real Debrid. There’s a very small fee for that. Much faster.

Thanks! I've done that. Real-Debrid.com ?? 😬

9 euro for 90 days. Am I in the right site or have I just thrown away 9 euro 🤣🤣

I read back a few posts there about adding API key to Stremio. I have my Real-Debrid API key but can't find anywhere to input that into Stremio. Any help you could give is appreciated

Edit - I think I see. It's on the Torrentio homepage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Ive been on Slovenia account now just over a month after Turkish got booted. A strange thing though is on my smart TV it's showing Slovenia Top movies today etc. When using the Turkish account it still showed the Irish version. TV hasn't even got a VPN on it?!

yeah, you have it. Configure the torrentio addon and pop your api key in there.

You used the correct site.

EU law, must show your home catalogue. Slovenia in the EU, Turkey isn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Flip didn't realise that was the case in EU

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The only fee involved is if you choose to use a Debrid service (and I'd really recommend you do)

It makes Stremio the easiest to use cord cutting app.

Kodi has advantages and does some things better but, 99% of anything you will ever want? Will be available on Stremio and without needing to edit app menus, use GitHub repos or sacrifice to the nerd gods 🤣

I only have 7 add-ons in my Stremio setup, cinema, ope subtitles, local files, torrentio (with real-debrid enabled), Trakt integration(scrobbles what I watch), cyberflix catalog and last but not least thepiratebay+.

I still have a Kodi installation, but I've not used since my 1st dabble with Stremio.

Thanks. Up and running. Amazing tbh Probably need a VPN with this. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ukraine not working for me anymore.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,224 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Well, back to India has worked.

Weirdly not accepting N26 or revolut but works with my usual Irish bank card in Indian prices.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

so I signed up through Kenya and got kicked in less than a week, but they are still charging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

I used to have Real-debrid, you also build up points or used to, so after a while you can use the points to get the free months after a while

Cheers. Noticed that re the points alright. Fully set up now. Added cyberflix too. It's pretty amazing tbh. Funny thing is the picture quality is infinitely better than what we get with Netflix or Prime. House internet isn't great. We struggle most of the time to stream 4K quality. I've disabled search for 4K in Torrentio. But playing 1080p is a million times better quality than I am getting with supposed HD on Netflix. I can't get over the quality. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Nuked on Indian account with household prompt ! So thats probably it..time to get the firestick out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

The whole Stemio setup is fantastic. The only downside is no profiles. Cloning is an option but 4 apps would grind my firestick to a halt.

you can sign in and sign out every time to have different accounts. Bit of a nusaince.

Easier to cast from your phone tbh.

No profiles is incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ooter

Been reading about another service called syncler, sounds good but seems to be more complicated to set up than stremio.

Does anyone on here know anything about it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Setup stremio/torrentio/RD but was getting nothing but buffering on anything I tried to play last night. Noticed out of synch subs as well on 1 or 2 videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ooter

I wouldn't ever select them but I was watching an episode of early doors last night on stremio and the subtitles automatically came up and they were way off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 HouseEater

Subtitles work great for me on most content, but I have both the Open subtitles and the Yifisubtitles plugin installed. You have a choice of many subs so if some is off, try another one. If you are getting buffering, most likely you are not using a RealDebrid source, and hitting a torrent directly.

Take a look here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StremioAddons/comments/15agu2p/stremio_torrentio_debrid_a_howto_guide/

Advertisement