Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortage of flakes for 99s looming..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭sporina

con747 wrote: »
    I would be thinking it's just a PR stunt anyway.

could v well b.. wasn't there another 99 prank last yr or some other year? I seem to recall something similar..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

sporina wrote: »
    could v well b.. wasn't there another 99 prank last yr or some other year? I seem to recall something similar..

I redact my last post, I just had a call from a friend who has a few ice cream vans asking if I had any contacts who have flakes!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

con747 wrote: »
    I redact my last post, I just had a call from a friend who has a few ice cream vans asking if I had any contacts who have flakes!

lol - any why does he think you would have such contacts? :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

"Ms Khan said that "by mid-July it will be tough to get 99s", adding however that Teddy’s themselves have enough flakes to get by as they have been stockpiling them"

No one will have them only us, so just come to us. Call me cynical...................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

sporina wrote: »
    lol - any why does he think you would have such contacts? :pac::pac::pac:

Know people in the food industry.
    I just for the craic put 10 boxes of the ones I posted earlier from Amazon and it went all the way to purchase, so whether you get them or not is the thing. Way too expensive for people needing to retail them at that price though.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I love the way M. Khan has them hidden everywhere including under her bed!!! Health and safety how are ya! Thats where I keep my secret stash of everything! If I ever die in my sleep I’m a gonner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Ohh to put one in your mouth and suck it slowly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

MarkR wrote: »
    We're all going to have to share. Take the flake out, lick it clean, and hand it to the next person to enjoy. Stay 6 feet apart though. 'cause germs.

No - they're going to chop them up to make them go further. You'll be able to have a 33 or a 66 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Are all flakes from Cadbury's? I had one last week, and the chocolate was pretty rough. Didn't taste like Cadburys. I assumed it was a cheap knockoff. Could have been old I suppose.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

does anyone else, when they get a 99, push the flake down the centre of the cone, and eat it last while it's inside the cone???

HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭banie01

greasepalm wrote: »
    Ohh to put one in your mouth and suck it slowly.

Oh! To crumble in someones gob! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

does anyone else, when they get a 99, push the flake down the centre of the cone, and eat it last while it's inside the cone???

HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS

YES! But take care not to push prematurely, otherwise you will create an ice cream squirter funnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I love a good squirter and sucking it out the bottom of the cone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

HOOK IT UP TO MY VEINS

Anyone who doesn't do that should order a plain cone and leave the flakes to the professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭POBox19

Quote: "She said they became aware of the impending shortage at the beginning of April"

Is this the best April's Fools ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Is it the actual box of small flakes specifically made for 99s that are in short supply, or are the individual full size bars short on stock aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

With high class gelato places and all kinds of flavours, people are still wedded to this Depression era "treat".

sometimes the simplest things are the best. when done properly a 99 is heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 81,385 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

How many 99's could a person eat in 1 minute? Has there been any world record attempts?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

How many 99's could a person eat in 1 minute? Has there been any world record attempts?

That's the kind of carry on that got is here in the first place!

Is it the actual box of small flakes specifically made for 99s that are in short supply, or are the individual full size bars short on stock aswell?

just the former apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Blisterman wrote: »
    Are all flakes from Cadbury's? I had one last week, and the chocolate was pretty rough. Didn't taste like Cadburys. I assumed it was a cheap knockoff. Could have been old I suppose.

I've found that too the last couple of years, 99 flake tastes nothing like the normal flake.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

I much prefer them without the flake so I will not be affected by this development. :p:)
    endacl wrote: »
    Twirl would do the job.

It would actually be neater to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Worry not! A friend’s mother works in Cadbury in Coolock and they are upping production there so hopefully disaster will be averted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

That sounds like a job for Leah Shutkever.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I much prefer them without the flake so I will not be affected by this development. :p:)

It would actually be neater to eat!

I'm the same.
    I've no snobbery around soft whipped ice-cream - it can be lovely - but I find that the flake gets too cold and doesn't taste of much.

I'm the same.
    I've no snobbery around soft whipped ice-cream - it can be lovely - but I find that the flake gets too cold and doesn't taste of much.

this is why I always have a coffee with my 99 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They had the family box of Cadbury's flakes for 99s in my local Aldi today, just below the ice cream cones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Anyone who doesn’t like a flake in their ice cream? Just pass them over here please. :)

Next you’ll be saying you don’t like red sauce on your cones either! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Anyone who doesn’t like a flake in their ice cream? Just pass them over here please. :)

Next you’ll be saying you don’t like red sauce on your cones either! :rolleyes:

Eh, where I come from, red sauce is ketchup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

sometimes the simplest things are the best. when done properly a 99 is heaven

I'd take it or leave it. I find vanilla rather boring.

Advertisement