Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also in a funk and having a toastie from the foreman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitchenside. Meeting with the CEO this morning was nothing too serious and thankfully we’re all still employed which is what the worry was about. Got my degree parchment in the post this afternoon which was slightly bittersweet, proud of myself for getting it, but sad because it wasn’t how I wanted it to go :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Also in a funk and having a toastie from the foreman

Twins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Kitchenside. Meeting with the CEO this morning was nothing too serious and thankfully we’re all still employed which is what the worry was about. Got my degree parchment in the post this afternoon which was slightly bittersweet, proud of myself for getting it, but sad because it wasn’t how I wanted it to go :(

Congratulations on getting the parchment. It is sad you didn't get to graduate in the proper way and allow your mother to enjoy the ocassion too. Hope she is feeling better.

The Masters is a big step but you seem to be a hard and dedicated worker. Hope its a subject you enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Touring the countryside :) we have a beautiful country :) Seph I spotted your car in Carlow ;) Barry’s tea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Back driving after surgery on my shoulder. Best feeling of freedom ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

wildwillow wrote: »
    Congratulations on getting the parchment. It is sad you didn't get to graduate in the proper way and allow your mother to enjoy the ocassion too. Hope she is feeling better.

The Masters is a big step but you seem to be a hard and dedicated worker. Hope its a subject you enjoy.

Yeah it’s upsetting alright, I had spent the last 4 years looking forward to it. But I’ll hopefully get a graduation for my masters next year (if not I’ll have to go do a PhD - I’ll get that cap and gown one way or another! :p)

Mam is improved slightly, getting bored of being stuck at home but she’s ventured out with me a few days, although staying in the car which is something :) I certainly think I’ll enjoy my masters subject, I hope so anyway but I suppose you never know until you do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've been sleeping instead of doing the laundry. A.knicker crisis is imminent again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In the G world, it's back to school eve for Ms G. Not the happiest for obvious reasons, like lots of other parents. Gotta Iron some clothes so I can compete with the other parents in the morning. An outdoor reception and prayer.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Nice to see you G, best of luck to Ms G and all the kids starting back.
    Was driving past the local school yesterday and came over all emotional when I saw the banner they had put up saying 'welcome back to all our boys and girls'.

I’ve just finished a stir fry, feeling smug because I was working late and was starving but I made dinner instead of dialling in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Congrats kitty on your achievement and good luck to Ms. G tomorrow!

Another busy day here, thank Chrunchie it's Friday tomorrow.

The rain has been unrelenting all day, between that and the dark evenings it feels much later in the year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Nice to see you G, best of luck to Ms G and all the kids starting back.
    Was driving past the local school yesterday and came over all emotional when I saw the banner they had put up saying 'welcome back to all our boys and girls'.

I’ve just finished a stir fry, feeling smug because I was working late and was starving but I made dinner instead of dialling in :pac:

*obligatory slide plate over to poochie post*

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , tired , looking for the inspiration to put the shopping away , pity about me eh :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the bus home from Dublin city centre, after a great and very productive face to face progress review meeting with one of my dissertation students.

She has the rough first draft already written up and the final submission date is Oct 31st. Students with motivation and commitment like her are pretty few and far between and really are a dream to supervise. :)

As for the two others....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod, was glitched out , best of luck to Ms G tomorrow, huge change from primary , let alone with all this other stuff going on , hope it goes well for her :)

ETA,
    good to see you back posting in here too !

JupiterKid wrote: »
    On the bus home from Dublin city centre, after a great and very productive face to face progress review meeting with one of my dissertation students.

She has the rough first draft already written up and the final submission date is Oct 31st. Students with motivation and commitment like her are pretty few and far between and really are a dream to supervise. :)

As for the two others....

I never troubled my supervisor, just handed in the final draft. Naughty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

*obligatory slide plate over to poochie post*

*Slides empty plate back because it’s all gone*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watched some darts, time for the cot again, doc tomorrow hopefully.

Watched some darts, time for the cot again, doc tomorrow hopefully.

Hopefully you'll get some ease, Grem

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    *Slides empty plate back because it’s all gone*

a39a7fd59b44ca9247dc43d280106f4d.gif

Roomside folding clothes, I see a cupan tae in my immediate further :pac:

Roomside folding clothes, I see a cupan tae in my immediate further :pac:

Me too. Spooky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Off to bed. The form hasn’t been great for the last while so I need to get things sorted.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Me too. Spooky

Mind blowingly spooky

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mind blowingly spooky

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Not sharing a room are ye ;) :eek:

Hehehehe :D

Couchside watching the tv

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    Not sharing a room are ye ;) :eek:

Hehehehe :D
    You jealous or summat, wut?

cj maxx wrote: »
    Off to bed. The form hasn’t been great for the last while so I need to get things sorted.

Take your time, be easy on yourself

Couchside, had a lovely meal with my friend, shared a bottle of prosecco then a wine for her and a Peroni for me, really enjoyed it. I'm meeting a friend tomorrow that I haven't met up with for years but we keep in contact on the phone, really looking forward to it . Big delivery waiting for me when I got home, more clothes but they seem lovely and I will try them on tomorrow.

Update on the lotto tickets, won 3e last night but spent 6e on the ticket, I'm sure the big win will come tomorrow night 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just settled Ms G. Pre teen worries. New worries. New school worries. The cat has her back. Terrible times for those put out with all this crap. Thank feck for the cat. On Ms G's bed as always to sooth her. Wide awake. Mrs G is snooring.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Just settled Ms G. Pre teen worries. New worries. New school worries. The cat has her back. Terrible times for those put out with all this crap. Thank feck for the cat. On Ms G's bed as always to sooth her. Wide awake. Mrs G is snooring.

Dear Mr.Grandeeod,

This is a correspondence from the office of a one Mr. Sephiroth Dude, to inform you that your post, as referenced above, is due to be issued with an official Sephers Stamp of Approval. You can expect your certificate, attesting to this most honoured seal, post-haste.

Yours sincerely,
    Buile Beag
    Secretary of the Sephers Cat Appreciation Society.

• Advertisement

Dear Mr.Grandeeod,

This is a correspondence from the office of a one Mr. Sephiroth Dude, to inform you that your post, as referenced above, is due to be issued with an official Sephers Stamp of Approval. You can expect your certificate, attesting to this most honoured seal, post-haste.

Yours sincerely,
    Buile Beag
    Secretary of the Sephers Cat Appreciation Society.

Deskside roaring the place down with laughter reading BB's post 😃😸

Deskside roaring the place down with laughter reading BB's post ðŸ˜႒😸

I think I might be losing my mind.

Also I should have called it the Sephers 'Cat Appreciation Tribe' so it would be Sephers 'CAT'. Doh!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,531 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Also I should have called it the Sephers 'Cat Appreciation Tribe' so it would be Sephers 'CAT'. Doh!!!

I think Sephers needs a new secretary. :cool:

In bed after a few drinks and dinner in the pub.
    Sleep won't be long coming for me.

Bedside for one tired Auto, will be having dreams of having a rasher roll in the morning :D

Night all :)

!

Ahhh you're not like...................

*pushes the red to alert the men in white coats *

Autosport wrote: »
    Bedside for one tired Auto, will be having dreams of having a rasher roll in the morning :D

Night all :)

Sweet dreams auto

get me a rasher roll as well please :-p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In the bed. Goodnight lads.

Tomorrow's Friday. Praise the Lord :)

Happy Friday!!!

For Duvet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside

Thank god it's Friday :D

Had a good week though, I managed to see my PA for the 4 days and go to bingo (wasn't sick for once!) :)

• Advertisement

I must have been very bad yesterday, Working in complete isolation today.... Just me, on my own!

Don't care. Suits me

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In work not working. Going to chill my way into the weekend.

Onshuh wrote: »
    In work not working. Going to chill my way into the weekend.

You've got a long weekend sorted for yourself, haven't you? May as well get started.

Dad showered, washing machine on for for its first of many cycles today (I'm putting it in for the Tour De France next year). Time to feed and muck out my critters.

Deskside with the sweet stuff but heading down the park soon to see meet my sister and two of my favorite small people :3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just set up a Raspberry PI4, so far succeeded in playing Tetris and streaming the Young Offenders :)

Today holds a special memory for me and I can’t help but smile :)

Enjoy your day!

Down the park with a very excited 2.5 year old, he saw a tractor with a trailer pass by and then youre man beeped and waved him, he was jumping up and down with excitement, it was like all his Christmases came at once 😸😃 :3.

Sitting on my bed, excited, my autism awareness masks have arrived :D

How will we know they are autism masks? Will there be a campaign around them?

Nice design :)

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    How will we know they are autism masks? Will there be a campaign around them?

Nice design :)

Thanks :) the design on them is the autism awareness colour/symbol. Theres been an awareness design for many years, so if you see that design on something (cups, hoodies etc), you know that person has autism or knows someone with autism etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement