Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow vs Munster, Mon 23rd Nov 8:15pm; Eir Sport 1

Options
  • 22-11-2020 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster: Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Rory Scannell, Damian de Allende, Matt Gallagher; Ben Healy, Craig Casey;
    James Cronin, Kevin O’Byrne, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Fineen Wycherley, Jack O’Sullivan, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Josh Wycherley, Keynan Knox, Jack O’Donoghue, Tommy O’Donnell, Nick McCarthy, JJ Hanrahan, Dan Goggin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Very excited about what that young and powerful backrow will do

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Glasgow Warriors team to play Munster in the Guinness PRO14, Monday 23 November, kick-off 8.15pm, live on Premier Sports 1. You can follow the action in the Live Match Centre on glasgowwarriors.org.

1. Aki Seiuli (16)
    2. Grant Stewart (35)
    3. Enrique Pieretto (4)
    4. Lewis Bean (1)
    5. Rob Harley (236)
    6. Ryan Wilson (C) (175)
    7. Tom Gordon (23)
    8. TJ Ioane (3)

9. Sean Kennedy (9)
    10. Pete Horne (175)
    11. Robbie Nairn (11)
    12. Robbie Fergusson (3)
    13. Nick Grigg (75)
    14. Tommy Seymour (148)
    15. Glenn Bryce (30)

Replacements

16. Johnny Matthews (4)
    17. Alex Allan (106)
    18. D’arcy Rae (75)
    19. Hamish Bain (3)
    20. Fotu Lokotui (4)
    21. Caleb Korteweg (1)
    22. Brandon Thomson (26)
    23. Niko Matawalu (132)

Unavailable due to injury: Jamie Dobie, Mesu Dolokoto, Richie Gray, Adam Hastings, Lee Jones, Paddy Kelly, Kiran McDonald, Stafford McDowall, Leone Nakarawa, Adam Nicol, Kyle Steyn.

International duty: Fraser Brown, Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, Adam Hastings, George Horne, Sam Johnson, Huw Jones, Oli Kebble, Ali Price, George Turner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

There's quite a few of that young crop who must be putting their hands up for 6n squad selection, it's going to be an interesting 8 weeks of rugby, see how they cope fighting on 2 fronts, league and Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Glasgow Warriors team to play Munster in the Guinness PRO14, Monday 23 November, kick-off 8.15pm, live on Premier Sports 1. You can follow the action in the Live Match Centre on glasgowwarriors.org.

1. Aki Seiuli (16)
    2. Grant Stewart (35)
    3. Enrique Pieretto (4)
    4. Lewis Bean (1)
    5. Rob Harley (236)
    6. Ryan Wilson (C) (175)
    7. Tom Gordon (23)
    8. TJ Ioane (3)

9. Sean Kennedy (9)
    10. Pete Horne (175)
    11. Robbie Nairn (11)
    12. Robbie Fergusson (3)
    13. Nick Grigg (75)
    14. Tommy Seymour (148)
    15. Glenn Bryce (30)

Replacements

16. Johnny Matthews (4)
    17. Alex Allan (106)
    18. D’arcy Rae (75)
    19. Hamish Bain (3)
    20. Fotu Lokotui (4)
    21. Caleb Korteweg (1)
    22. Brandon Thomson (26)
    23. Niko Matawalu (132)

Unavailable due to injury: Jamie Dobie, Mesu Dolokoto, Richie Gray, Adam Hastings, Lee Jones, Paddy Kelly, Kiran McDonald, Stafford McDowall, Leone Nakarawa, Adam Nicol, Kyle Steyn.

International duty: Fraser Brown, Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, Zander Fagerson, Adam Hastings, George Horne, Sam Johnson, Huw Jones, Oli Kebble, Ali Price, George Turner.

Match is also live on Eir Sport 1 HD for those that have that channel,
    Build-up coverage beginning at 7:45.

This is the toughest game since the Scarlets win/robbery so it's interesting to see Munster backing youth again to a certain extent. Healy gets the start over JJ, though that could be explained by JJ's injury last week. JOS starting at 7 with TOD on the bench. Wycherley at 6 may be a case of getting lineout options on the pitch, Billy Holland is a useful option to have for a tricky away game.

Glasgow are littered with absentees so Munster are understandably favourites for this.

• Advertisement

I'm interested to see how JOS goes at 7. With Cloete injured (I think) and Hodnett out long term-is, its probably no harm develop their options there.

There's going to be some really tough calls to be made for the Harlequins game when our internationals are back especially in the back row.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That is not a good Glasgow side. Their pack in particular.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That is not a good Glasgow side. Their pack in particular.

Be quiet.

Munster are just glad to be there and we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

One of the concerns I'd have is that Munster are not flying over until this morning but in saying that this is a game we should win.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

phog wrote: »
    One of the concerns I'd have is that Munster are not flying over until this morning but in saying that this is a game we should win.

Would a team ever fly over the day before for a Pro14 game that's on the next night? I'd have thought same day travel is the standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Buer wrote: »
    Would a team ever fly over the day before for a Pro14 game that's on the next night? I'd have thought same day travel is the standard?

Pre Covid Muster regularly flew over to the away city the evening before a match, I don't know if that's because they'd have to charter a flight to travel on a match day or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Pre Covid Muster regularly flew over to the away city the evening before a match, I don't know if that's because they'd have to charter a flight to travel on a match day or not

Was always the day before, commercial or chartered. Its just a Covid Change.

Zebre yesterday landed at 12 before the game at 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Put pressure on Peter Horne and it will pay dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Interesting. I'd have thought that a province flying over 24 hours in advance for somewhere that may only be a 1 hour flight away is a touch overkill unless flight schedules make it a bit more awkward e.g. players having to be up at the crack of dawn on a match day for a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

If any holdup occurred with a flight on the day I would assume the team being held up would be in trouble having to explain to the Pro14 officials why they didn’t go the day before.

Eir have opened their coverage of Munster away to Glasgow with a discussion of splitting Leinster.

How utterly flucking stupid for a vast number of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Eir have opened their coverage of Munster away to Glasgow with a discussion of splitting Leinster.

How utterly flucking stupid for a vast number of reasons.

I for one can't wait to see Mide lift the Pro37 title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Weather looks awful.

Risteard wrote: »
    I for one can't wait to see Mide lift the Pro37 title.

Instead of north / south maybe The Pale Panthers and The non pale slight Culchies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Glad I'm not out in that weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

degsie wrote: »
    Glad I'm not out in that weather!

That's some serious moisture!

Good smart try there by Holland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Blatant offside on the maul. Munster players drove in front of the ball carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Whos commentating? Kevin bridges? I'd understand more on TG4

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Blatant offside on the maul. Munster players drove in front of the ball carrier

Whisht.

Billy Holland, one of our all-time greats. Really hope he gets the sendoff he deserves in front of a packed Thomond before the end of the season

Shocking defence. DDA was nowhere.

Poor read from De Allende there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Nice counter try

Commentator doesn't seem to realise Healy got his conversion... or is the scoreboard wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Shocking defence. DDA was nowhere.

Thought Scannell bit in myself

Advertisement