Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike videos thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,528 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Meh. You'd think I hadn't been riding on multi-compound road tyres for years now :rolleyes:

Last publicity gasp for Bridgestone, they're bowing out soon!

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

This dude didn't even look left at all. Just kept on moving.

Fine if he'd seen the bike and had no intention of entering its lane.

Problem is the rider has no way of knowing this in advance.

I get this about 3 times a week. They get a good blast on the air horns as soon as they pull out, so they've no excuse for not knowing I'm there. Naas Rd outbound between Long Mile junction and Red Cow is bad for this, they pull out of the garage into the bus lane as you approach in the left driving lane, how confident can you be they won't just pull across? I always try to be in the right driving lane there. If the left driving lane is (or appears) empty they often pull straight out into it.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A series on rebuilding an R1 engine from stem to stern. I've watched it about 3 times now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

cantdecide wrote: »

A series on rebuilding an R1 engine from stem to stern. I've watched it about 3 times now.

Seems he did far too much work on that himself. HE should've got this guy involved: (yeah I know, probably a repost)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

This deserves a thread of its own...

Longer version and website here
    Can't see the drive mechanism.

Yamaha had a 2WD prototype some years ago. Whatever happened that? Hydraulic drive to front wheel.

Description in the YouTube description

Sorry about the poor quality. Unfortunately, I can't control the rain landing on the camera! :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Pedro K wrote: »
    Description in the YouTube description

Sorry about the poor quality. Unfortunately, I can't control the rain landing on the camera! :s

His indicator was on so he had right of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Yamaha had a 2WD prototype some years ago. Whatever happened that? Hydraulic drive to front wheel.

they just got tired of it and left it in the forest

zubair wrote: »
    His indicator was on so he had right of way.

I assume that's sarcasm!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Pedro K wrote: »
    I assume that's sarcasm!!!!

You technically had the right of way. It's up to yourself if you think overtaking a number of of cars who are indicating to merge onto you is a good idea.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    You technically had the right of way. It's up to yourself if you think overtaking a number of of cars who are indicating to merge onto you is a good idea.
    I see what you mean. Perhaps the video title, in particular use of the word merge, is misleading.

With all due respect, did you read the video description?

It's a 3 lane road. I had already moved from lane 1 to lane 2 to accommodate people merging from the slip into lane 1.

This driver merged into lane 1, no problem, then decided to continue her lane change on top of me. So it wasn't so much a merge as it was a lane change without looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I can deffo see the car driver was a complete dope.
    I'm not excusing them for a second, but you do need to factor in some defensive driving under the assumption that the car driver is a wanker.

Looking at it, they never turned the indicator off. They may of made the assumption that the bike in the rear view was a good bit back and can see them indicating.

You assumed they wouldnt pull into the lane.
    I just think so more defensive driving should of been used especially given the road conditions and possible visibility problems.

Take that car out of the equation, and you were about to undertake a truck in the right hand lane which may of pulled in on top of you.

goodlad wrote: »
    I can deffo see the car driver was a complete dope.
    I'm not excusing them for a second, but you do need to factor in some defensive driving under the assumption that the car driver is a wanker.

Looking at it, they never turned the indicator off. They may of made the assumption that the bike in the rear view was a good bit back and can see them indicating.

You assumed they wouldnt pull into the lane.
    I just think so more defensive driving should of been used especially given the road conditions and possible visibility problems.

Take that car out of the equation, and you were about to undertake a truck in the right hand lane which may of pulled in on top of you.

Take the car out of the equation and I would have been in lane 1. Only reason I was in lane 2 was to allow the vehicles merge into lane 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Poor weather conditions plays a major part here. You do indeed have right of way, most people think an indicator gives them right away....it is what it is an indication of movement. However, if it was me as soon as I seen it (indicator) I would have rolled off or kicked it down.....deffo bad driving but anticipation is key especially in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Lorenzo celebrates his victory and makes a tool out of himself :D:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Ooo. That looks like a shoulder or collar bone injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Great show of agility form the lad springing from the path of the truck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

If he didn't get that jump he was a goner for sure but he did very very well considering the situation. He did have the earlier option of ditching right or maybe he just lost balance and went left.

Anyway, lucky boy and just shows how easy it is for things to get real ugly real fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

VR46 - The Doctor, part 1 of 5

• Advertisement

Skill wants :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Skill wants :)

Handy but not a good sign when they have to cut the video during raising the bike!!
    Slow enough i'd say.

Did you not see him climbing over one side and down the other when it was raised? It does wheelies too, thing probably costs more than the TDM, on the downside :)

Did you not see him climbing over one side and down the other when it was raised? It does wheelies too, thing probably costs more than the TDM, on the downside :)

The tdm will wheelie without it!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

The Dopey **** in the van could of blocked the gap around the barrier

The description mentions Acid been thrown. Who the fu*k carries acid around with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Went for a track day on Sunday in France. Track called Anneau du Rhin. Took some videos with my GoPro Hero 3+ and my Gyro Moto Vision mount (which keeps the camera straight at all times). Thought I'd share with ya'all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

there was another video of them throwing acid at someone who tried to stop them, I don't know would I have done more than the people standing there shouting when there's the chance they could blind you for the sake of someone else's bike which will already have thousands in damage from them kicking the **** out of it for the last 10 minutes trying to get it going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Came across this on Facebook
    http://www.topspeed24.com/new/japanese-motorcycle-police-skills-on-a-wet-surface/
    Caption is "Don't try to outrun the Japanese motorcycle police" Cant help thinking that an Irish urban diesel spill or rural cowsh1t trail on a blind bend might test his full potential but very impressive in any case.
    Ps apologies for all the Facebook clickbait crap on the same page. Video clip is worth navigating around it imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

SeamusG97 wrote: »
    Came across this on Facebook
    http://www.topspeed24.com/new/japanese-motorcycle-police-skills-on-a-wet-surface/
    Caption is "Don't try to outrun the Japanese motorcycle police" Cant help thinking that an Irish urban diesel spill or rural cowsh1t trail on a blind bend might test his full potential but very impressive in any case.
    Ps apologies for all the Facebook clickbait crap on the same page. Video clip is worth navigating around it imho.

direct youtube for the above vid - impressive alright!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

This is insane. Runners and jeans, cornering in the hard shoulder ffs!

Zascar wrote: »
    This is insane. Runners and jeans, cornering in the hard shoulder ffs!

I'm more concerned about his poor use of the quick shifter!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thats natural selection right there :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭SeamusG97

Carlsberg don't do bike accidents but if they did......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Saw that, nuts. So lucky to stay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Good man to hold onto that.

Scumbag cyclist gets owned by motorbiker.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Good man to hold onto that.

He'll sleep well knowing he didnt bin it

GBX wrote: »
    He'll sleep well knowing he didnt bin it

Id say he will need some Andrex and a new pair of pants too.:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Scumbag cyclist gets owned by motorbiker.:D

If you read the comments on the original you'll find the motorcyclist falls over himself to apologise for his poor understanding of road safety.

Also, he dropped his bike which is not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

give me back my fcuking keys lad missed out on a great opportunity

Advertisement