Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike videos thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

^ I applaud the bikers restraint, don't think I'd have been as relaxed about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

hahahahahahahahahaa ****ing brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

This second one drives me mad. People trying to merge with motorway traffic at stupidly slow speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    The auld Blockhead, the best Harley motor ever made, bulletproof IMHO

sticker,375x360.u3.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Wouldnt like to meet Mr Pickering in a dark lane

2CDDE97600000578-3251966-The_coming_together_has_also_sparked_a_steady_stream_of_content_-m-125_1443456082877.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Meh. You'd think I hadn't been riding on multi-compound road tyres for years now :rolleyes:

Last publicity gasp for Bridgestone, they're bowing out soon!

Life ain't always empty.

This dude didn't even look left at all. Just kept on moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,965 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fine if he'd seen the bike and had no intention of entering its lane.

Problem is the rider has no way of knowing this in advance.

I get this about 3 times a week. They get a good blast on the air horns as soon as they pull out, so they've no excuse for not knowing I'm there. Naas Rd outbound between Long Mile junction and Red Cow is bad for this, they pull out of the garage into the bus lane as you approach in the left driving lane, how confident can you be they won't just pull across? I always try to be in the right driving lane there. If the left driving lane is (or appears) empty they often pull straight out into it.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

A series on rebuilding an R1 engine from stem to stern. I've watched it about 3 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

cantdecide wrote: »

A series on rebuilding an R1 engine from stem to stern. I've watched it about 3 times now.

Seems he did far too much work on that himself. HE should've got this guy involved: (yeah I know, probably a repost)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

This deserves a thread of its own...

Longer version and website here
    Can't see the drive mechanism.

Yamaha had a 2WD prototype some years ago. Whatever happened that? Hydraulic drive to front wheel.

Description in the YouTube description

Sorry about the poor quality. Unfortunately, I can't control the rain landing on the camera! :s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Pedro K wrote: »
    Description in the YouTube description

Sorry about the poor quality. Unfortunately, I can't control the rain landing on the camera! :s

His indicator was on so he had right of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Yamaha had a 2WD prototype some years ago. Whatever happened that? Hydraulic drive to front wheel.

they just got tired of it and left it in the forest

zubair wrote: »
    His indicator was on so he had right of way.

I assume that's sarcasm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Pedro K wrote: »
    I assume that's sarcasm!!!!

You technically had the right of way. It's up to yourself if you think overtaking a number of of cars who are indicating to merge onto you is a good idea.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    You technically had the right of way. It's up to yourself if you think overtaking a number of of cars who are indicating to merge onto you is a good idea.
    I see what you mean. Perhaps the video title, in particular use of the word merge, is misleading.

With all due respect, did you read the video description?

It's a 3 lane road. I had already moved from lane 1 to lane 2 to accommodate people merging from the slip into lane 1.

This driver merged into lane 1, no problem, then decided to continue her lane change on top of me. So it wasn't so much a merge as it was a lane change without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

I can deffo see the car driver was a complete dope.
    I'm not excusing them for a second, but you do need to factor in some defensive driving under the assumption that the car driver is a wanker.

Looking at it, they never turned the indicator off. They may of made the assumption that the bike in the rear view was a good bit back and can see them indicating.

You assumed they wouldnt pull into the lane.
    I just think so more defensive driving should of been used especially given the road conditions and possible visibility problems.

Take that car out of the equation, and you were about to undertake a truck in the right hand lane which may of pulled in on top of you.

goodlad wrote: »
    I can deffo see the car driver was a complete dope.
    I'm not excusing them for a second, but you do need to factor in some defensive driving under the assumption that the car driver is a wanker.

Looking at it, they never turned the indicator off. They may of made the assumption that the bike in the rear view was a good bit back and can see them indicating.

You assumed they wouldnt pull into the lane.
    I just think so more defensive driving should of been used especially given the road conditions and possible visibility problems.

Take that car out of the equation, and you were about to undertake a truck in the right hand lane which may of pulled in on top of you.

Take the car out of the equation and I would have been in lane 1. Only reason I was in lane 2 was to allow the vehicles merge into lane 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Poor weather conditions plays a major part here. You do indeed have right of way, most people think an indicator gives them right away....it is what it is an indication of movement. However, if it was me as soon as I seen it (indicator) I would have rolled off or kicked it down.....deffo bad driving but anticipation is key especially in that weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Lorenzo celebrates his victory and makes a tool out of himself :D:D

• Advertisement

Advertisement