Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

What happens if you exceed 100gb. I would use that in about 2 weeks.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

What happens if you exceed 100gb. I would use that in about 2 weeks.
    You're cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Did I make a mistake by porting my Mam’s phone over at 5 this evening. Port ongoing so I can’t top her up, phone good for nothing right now. She has a Huawei P20 Lite but the network is showing as Tesco mobile. Can’t even call or txt the phone nevermind use data. Do I have to wait for port to complete or is there something I should have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

L'prof wrote: »
    Did I make a mistake by porting my Mam’s phone over at 5 this evening. Port ongoing so I can’t top her up, phone good for nothing right now. She has a Huawei P20 Lite but the network is showing as Tesco mobile. Can’t even call or txt the phone nevermind use data. Do I have to wait for port to complete or is there something I should have done?

Probably should have read the website first, hopefully it will complete properly tomorrow.
    48.ie FAQ wrote:
    Opening hours to move you number

Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm (except Bank Holidays)

Saturday - Sunday & Bank Holidays 10am - 4pm.

You can still submit your request outside opening hours on your My48, but the clock won’t start ticking until the next mornings opening hours begin. Note Business/Family accounts can only be submitted Monday – Thursday, otherwise your request will remain on hold until the next working day begins.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Probably should have read the website first, hopefully it will complete properly tomorrow.

Too much small print for me :pac: It’s the fourth phone I’ve moved over. I’m getting careless :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Are 48.ie not sending out sims. I ordered one for a friend and I last Monday but none arrived.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Are 48.ie not sending out sims. I ordered one for a friend and I last Monday but none arrived.?

Probably a postal delay. An Post have record volumes at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Can I order a SIM for a family member before my own SIM arrives, and still get the benefit of the 'recruiter' referral discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can I order a SIM for a family member before my own SIM arrives, and still get the benefit of the 'recruiter' referral discount?

No, the referral link for recruit SIMs won't be available until SIM is activated and there's no other way to get the reward. Even then, the credit isn't guaranteed as they changed the scheme on 16th Nov to allow 48 to give a voucher instead of credit.
    https://48.ie/legal/recruit-rules

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ten Pin wrote: »
    No, the referral link for recruit SIMs won't be available until SIM is activated and there's no other way to get the reward. Even then, the credit isn't guaranteed as they changed the scheme on 16th Nov to allow 48 to give a voucher instead of credit.

I wonder is the voucher thing related to people who would port in and be owed a referral but leave too soon to use the credit, maybe they are offered a voucher instead. It's only recent that networks have started refunding credit when porting away. Has anyone asked them on live chat about the voucher?

• Advertisement

FAQs suggest it's only purchased credit that's refundable.
    What credit is refundable?
    Upon request, we will refund the unused purchased credit that is on your account at the date that you port out.

https://48.ie/legal/EECC_2020

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I got a recuter SIM for a friend, they're trying to buy membership but they don't have the same email address that they activated the SIM with to buy membership, can they do it some other way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I got a recuter SIM for a friend, they're trying to buy membership but they don't have the same email address that they activated the SIM with to buy membership, can they do it some other way?

Login to the website with the email/password they used to sign up.

email address can be changed in the user settings.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Login to the website with the email/password they used to sign up.

email address can be changed in the user settings.

Can't do that as they don't know what email they signed up with, think it was a throwaway one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can't do that as they don't know what email they signed up with, think it was a throwaway one.

Well that was stupid. They'll have to contact support on live chat and see what they can do. It might be a case of them using your link again and using the email they want to use when ordering. Had they ported their number to the sim?

Buy membership via gift shop without login...

https://48.ie/gift-shop

But any reward credit will be inaccessible without log in to my48

DopeTech wrote: »
    Well that was stupid. They'll have to contact support on live chat and see what they can do. It might be a case of them using your link again and using the email they want to use when ordering. Had they ported their number to the sim?

No they didn't port their number.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Buy membership via gift shop without login...

https://48.ie/gift-shop

But any reward credit will be inaccessible without log in to my48

If I do that will I get the recuter credit?

If I do that will I get the recuter credit?

You receive the reward if your SIM has already bought membership.

However 48 might only give a voucher instead of credit as the rewards were changed 2 weeks ago.

The other SIM owner won't be able to use their reward without sorting out their my48 login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

I tried sending a text to the UK. It seemed like it sent but when I checked my credit none was taken. What gives?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

folks just an update 2 weeks in now still never recieved my credit , promised me they get it sorted , they say it every time im in chat sent and email to 48 crew etc , not a whisper

this company is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just set up my 1GB free account. I am only getting 3G services. On my phone I can select 'LTE only' but this results in no signal at all.

I was unable to install the APN settings with the text msg, the code they sent 0000 didn't work. So I entered them manually.

Anyway what is the story with 4G/4G+ ? Is anyone getting 4G and if so what am I doing wrong that I can't?

edit: I did see it flip to 4G+ for a moment since but I was able to control it on 3 so whatever is going on it's not functioning exactly the same as 3 , not on my device anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

AllForIt wrote: »
    I just set up my 1GB free account. I am only getting 3G services. On my phone I can select 'LTE only' but this results in no signal at all.

I was unable to install the APN settings with the text msg, the code they sent 0000 didn't work. So I entered them manually.

Anyway what is the story with 4G/4G+ ? Is anyone getting 4G and if so what am I doing wrong that I can't?

edit: I did see it flip to 4G+ for a moment since but I was able to control it on 3 so whatever is going on it's not functioning exactly the same as 3 , not on my device anyway.
    You need to buy membership

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

I just switched over to 48 yesterday, can't receive calls since. Been on to customer service twice and told 3-5 day wait is normal. All networks run into issues, but 3-5 days wait is a bit much.
    At least messages going through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

physioman wrote: »
    You need to buy membership

When I tried it, I could use 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I just switched over to 48 yesterday, can't receive calls since. Been on to customer service twice and told 3-5 day wait is normal. All networks run into issues, but 3-5 days wait is a bit much.
    At least messages going through.

Is this related to moving your number from your current carrier?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

Must be, but I'm out of contract and ported successfully. Customer service ported a second time and still the same.

Problem must be on 48 side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

i activated my 48 sim 3 weeks ago,but did not top it up yet.how long do i have to top it up before it deactivates?.

Must be, but I'm out of contract and ported successfully. Customer service ported a second time and still the same.

Problem must be on 48 side.

Have you purchased credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

In our house we have 5 phones on this deal. When I try pay for membership it fails. Can I not use one card for all the phones?

Advertisement