Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    I thought that but it’s just beeping as if it won’t connect

I can't try one as my sim only finally arrived today.
    What I used to do with eir was find a local number for the same company and use that. A lot of them have one for calling from abroad.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Apologies if asked already but I am trying to ring an 1890 number - is there a way to do this?

I just tried a couple of 1890 numbers there now on my daughters phone and all connected fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

1890 numbers come out of your bundle. They work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Apologies if asked already but I am trying to ring an 1890 number - is there a way to do this?

They HAVE to be included in your bundle now;

https://www.comreg.ie/industry/licensing/numbering/ngn-review/

I thought that but it’s just beeping as if it won’t connect

Whats the number? See if its your account / phone or 48.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You could also look for the landline equivalent, a lot of them are listed here. http://www.saynoto1890.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with Auto-Renew of membership - renewal has failed, no changes to payment method. I have renewed with different card and that is fine. Both are AIB cards, both have money in the account.

Have been onto live chat but not much help really suggested to get onto bank which I will do but just wondering if anyone else had this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I used Revolut, and I haven't had issues with them charging it, in fact they're charging it too well...

I have an odd issue where I signed up with them at the beginning of November and set up auto-renew, then moved my number over in the middle of the month and my account got messed up for some reason. I lost the membership, and the referreral bonus I had.

They fixed that after a few days, and "reset" the membership to the middle of the month. So I thought everything is fine now. But it's the beginning of December and I got charged. My current account says auto-renew is off and I still have 10 days before I need to renew. So I am somehow getting charged from what I assume is the old account and speaking to support they cannot not find anything.

Do the problems with these telecoms companies ever end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

emg74 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with Auto-Renew of membership - renewal has failed, no changes to payment method. I have renewed with different card and that is fine. Both are AIB cards, both have money in the account.

Have been onto live chat but not much help really suggested to get onto bank which I will do but just wondering if anyone else had this problem

Yes, twice.

I have had to manually buy a new membership each time. If it happens again next month I might move from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

anyone know how long you have to top up the sim after activating it ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

So I have 8 euro credit, go to buy another membership at 7.99, says payment method not supported, add card details, so basically can't use the credit. Eff that.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

gussieg wrote: »
    So I have 8 euro credit, go to buy another membership at 7.99, says payment method not supported, add card details, so basically can't use the credit. Eff that.

Happened me last week with my daughter’s account, got on to support and they sorted it in two minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

I was just thinking that it may be bank related, it's my husband's phone and he has it linked to the business debit card. He got an email from AIB regarding new online security so he's going to check with the bank to see if it's connected. It's an inconvenience but I suppose at 7.99 it's bearable given the saving on what he had been paying for years

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Any issue with Bundle payment? Paid in the morning via revolut but still not activated. On the chat told me that they have some technical issues

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Recruited 2 people and the first recruitee received the free month and I got the appropriate credit eventually. Second person did not get the free month and I didn't get the credit either.

I've been on to webchat and was told it would be sorted by the 'team' responsible and I'd be emailed. I opted to have the chat transcript emailed to me too, which didn't happen either. Luckily, I made my own copy. A week later, no contact. of any kind from 48.

Not impressed ...

Anybody having any issues sending SMS to shortcode 57887 (the One4All balance check number)?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

CyberGhost wrote: »
    I used Revolut, and I haven't had issues with them charging it, in fact they're charging it too well...

I have an odd issue where I signed up with them at the beginning of November and set up auto-renew, then moved my number over in the middle of the month and my account got messed up for some reason. I lost the membership, and the referreral bonus I had.

They fixed that after a few days, and "reset" the membership to the middle of the month. So I thought everything is fine now. But it's the beginning of December and I got charged. My current account says auto-renew is off and I still have 10 days before I need to renew. So I am somehow getting charged from what I assume is the old account and speaking to support they cannot not find anything.

Do the problems with these telecoms companies ever end?

48 online chat do not understand issues like yours.My auto renew is off but service continues each month for me.When I ask to have it sorted I'm told there is no problem.Someone is paying my account.Nothing is being taken from my bank accountThey don't care as long as money is coming from somewhere.

Anybody having any issues sending SMS to shortcode 57887 (the One4All balance check number)?

Thanks

As I understand 48 t&cs you need to load extra credit for 57... numbers.They are not included in e7.99 rental.

beachhead wrote: »
    As I understand 48 t&cs you need to load extra credit for 57... numbers.They are not included in e7.99 rental.

i have 8 euro credit in my account and an active 7.99 membership

and where do you see this in the T+C please? I can't find any reference? Thanks

Whats the number? See if its your account / phone or 48.

Are there 6 numbers after 1890? If it's beeping it probably means it's disconnected.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes I can see that now. The APN 48 uses is 48Months.liffeytelecom.com, Tesco's is Tesco.liffeytelecom.com.

I though they lied when they said they use the 3 network because the APN settings don't reflect that, it suggest they use the Tesco network, but since I've successfully registered on "3 IRL" then they do indeed use 3. Which I need for 4G otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

Not sure if I'll swap over my main number just yet. I hope there isn't a time limit for that as I wish to test it out over some time.
    The e7.99 offer ends on the 7th Jan or is it the 11th?
    You must make your decision in Janauary

i have 8 euro credit in my account and an active 7.99 membership

and where do you see this in the T+C please? I can't find any reference? Thanks

57... texts are classed as premium rate by all networks,so nt included in any plan.50... texts are free.It's probably buried in the T+Cs somewhere.I'll try to find a reference.My 57... comment is from experience with other networks

I've looked through T+Cs on 48 and the support page-can't find a reference to any texts charges.It does say ALL texts are included are included within the ROI but I doubt they mean 51,53,54 etc According to Comreg you pay 80c or above to send a 57... text

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Short code 5xxxx numbers don't work on 48, not even the free 50xxx

There's also a one4all automated balance check phone number
    01 9068547

IMO the simplest way is to use the one4all website for balance check.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Recruited 2 people and the first recruitee received the free month and I got the appropriate credit eventually. Second person did not get the free month and I didn't get the credit either.

I've been on to webchat and was told it would be sorted by the 'team' responsible and I'd be emailed. I opted to have the chat transcript emailed to me too, which didn't happen either. Luckily, I made my own copy. A week later, no contact. of any kind from 48.

Not impressed ...

Same, got 1 recruit credit, and two pending, 1 from 24th November, ticket raised with chat on 26th and still no recruit credit showing . Not impressed

Ten Pin wrote: »

01 9068547

I suppose the issue here isn't the One4All shortcode specifcally, it's more about the general limitations of 48 and trying to work them out.

Thanks though for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

Ten Pin wrote: »

01 9068547

Free shortcode texts 50**** are now working.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Same, got 1 recruit credit, and two pending, 1 from 24th November, ticket raised with chat on 26th and still no recruit credit showing . Not impressed

I got on to webchat again today and was told that this sort of thing (?) takes between 7-10 days to sort and they would assuredly get back to me asap.

I have no idea why it takes this long, but once again I saved the transcript myself. However, I'm getting a bit weary having to chase it up and will likely only try once more before giving up. It doesn't fill me with confidence about CS support and I wont be porting my number over just yet, if at all.

My speed at home is up and down - more down than up at around 2-5Mbs average downloading. Vodafone is expensive in comparison but a lot more reliable. I'm sure their CS is just as poor, but I've rarely had to contact them in 20+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭DopeTech

boardz wrote: »
    Free shortcode texts 50**** are now working.

Still not getting replies from 50400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭DopeTech

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I got on to webchat again today and was told that this sort of thing (?) takes between 7-10 days to sort and they would assuredly get back to me asap.

I have no idea why it takes this long, but once again I saved the transcript myself. However, I'm getting a bit weary having to chase it up and will likely only try once more before giving up. It doesn't fill me with confidence about CS support and I wont be porting my number over just yet, if at all.

My speed at home is up and down - more down than up at around 2-5Mbs average downloading. Vodafone is expensive in comparison but a lot more reliable. I'm sure their CS is just as poor, but I've rarely had to contact them in 20+ years.

I queried my latest referral as I got the email but not the credit applied. They wanted me to tell them lots of details about the person who used the referral so I had to leave it. We might need to rethink the referral links thread and go pm instead to exchange details.

Advertisement