Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just tried PTSB and Argos there now and both also working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

CyberGhost wrote: »
    5th of November is when I registered and got their number. But then I moved my number over on the 15th (which was messed up and I lost the plan that I bought on the 5th. Then they re-applied a new one).

I don't think it's an outage. I think they messed up ports or SIMs.

The thing is, they worked for me initially, it's not like they never worked since I ported. Today is the first day I noticed, they were working on Wednesday
    Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just tried PTSB and Argos there now and both also working fine.

Glad you checked PTSB... It's weird, the PTSB text for logging into the more restricted part of my account on Open24 works fine, but the text for approving a transaction doesn't which is frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭gipi

48 are advising customers of a problem - see screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Doomofman wrote: »
    The thing is, they worked for me initially, it's not like they never worked since I ported. Today is the first day I noticed, they were working on Wednesday

Oh good! I hope it really is some outage like you said and it'll be fixed because if it is not. Then it'll be a pain dealing with them.

BTW, I received one Microsoft SMS in the morning and that's it. Haven't received any more on retries.

gipi wrote: »

denzel-relieved.gif?w=366

• Advertisement

denzel-relieved.gif?w=366

That issue they are talking about is a roaming issue so unless it's related, time to go back to fretting about dealing with 48's support

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Glad you checked PTSB... It's weird, the PTSB text for logging into the more restricted part of my account on Open24 works fine, but the text for approving a transaction doesn't which is frustrating

The 3DS - Verified by Visa with PTSB caused me grief yesterday evening, by the time they came through they had expired. It took three goes before the code arrived before the five minutes were up. Everything else 2FA comes through fine and quickly just not the Verified by Visa business.

The 3DS - Verified by Visa with PTSB caused me grief yesterday evening, by the time they came through they had expired. It took three goes before the code arrived before the five minutes were up. Everything else 2FA comes through fine and quickly just not the Verified by Visa business.

None of the 4 or 5 I've tried this evening have ever come through in the end

That issue they are talking about is a roaming issue so unless it's related, time to go back to fretting about dealing with 48's support

I just hope it's related somehow. I am already dealing with the useless Vodafone support because Vodafone messed something up. Dealing with these companies is horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

Speeds are sh1t lately

• Advertisement

gipi wrote: »

Roaming, a chance would be a fine thing :)

Speeds are sh1t lately

Really you should be saying “Speeds for you are sh1t lately” as you know we are all in different parts of the country. My wife ported from three last week and she is reporting “everything is the very same as it was with three, except much cheaper” :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is this what you tried...

Dial...

**61*(mailbox number)**(number of seconds you want it to ring for)#

Tried this as per 48;

*#61*(mailbox number)**(number of seconds you want it to ring for)#

Doesn't work, tried it on 2 phones and no joy.

Tried the one in your quote too and it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tried this as per 48;

*#61*(mailbox number)**(number of seconds you want it to ring for)#

Doesn't work, tried it on 2 phones and no joy.

Tried the one in your quote too and it doesn't work.

..and you're using the '5' between the prefix and number for mailbox?

..and you're using the '5' between the prefix and number for mailbox?

No, included the 5 too.

No, included the 5 too.

Just read another post on 48 that suggests using 003538x5 etc rather than 08x5 etc for voicemail command codes

Just read another post on 48 that suggests using 003538x5 etc rather than 08x5 etc for voicemail command codes

Hi, tried that too and still no good. Thanks for the suggestions.

Some phones have certain voicemail options in the settings of the dialer app. Ring delay was definitely an option on phones from 15-20 years ago.

Some phones have certain voicemail options in the settings of the dialer app. Ring delay was definitely an option on phones from 15-20 years ago.

Thanks, can't find any option on the phone though. Both phones are Huawei if that's any good to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

A friend of mine, a retired gentleman,needs cheap internet access. He is living in the city. He tells me he is currently with Vodafone which apparently expensive and asked me for an alternative. I suggested 48.ie. he tells me he us with tesco mobile for his "dumb" phone

Could anybody advise if he purchased a sim from 48.ie could in be placed in his router/ modem to provide cheap internet access.

I myself am with go mo, which I also use on my laptop via tethering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    A friend of mine, a retired gentleman,needs cheap internet access. He is living in the city. He tells me he is currently with Vodafone which apparently expensive and asked me for an alternative. I suggested 48.ie. he tells me he us with tesco mobile for his "dumb" phone

Could anybody advise if he purchased a sim from 48.ie could in be placed in his router/ modem to provide cheap internet access.

I myself am with go mo, which I also use on my laptop via tethering.

Your going to have a run a speedtest with either a three or 48 sim and make sure its usable at peak times.

Is the Vodafone wired or sim card broadband to put it in the simplest terms.

What does he use the Internet for? It might just be cheaper as well just to tether from his own phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Jimson wrote: »
    Your going to have a run a speedtest with either a three or 48 sim and make sure its usable at peak times.

Is the Vodafone wired or sim card broadband to put it in the simplest terms.

What does he use the Internet for? It might just be cheaper as well just to tether from his own phone.

Thanks for the input. I think he is using a vodafone Sim in a modem so therefore not wired. He is an OAP so limited income.I'm afraid he's not tech savvy and although he has a good unlocked Samsung smartphone he wont use it preferring a "dumb" phone. I could hopefully teach or persuade him to use tethering to his PC from it if his router/ modem is locked to vodafone. Even if his coverage or internet speed is poor I assume the most he will loose by buying a 48.ie sim is 7.99 once -off payment. If that doesnt work I might suggest go mo to him as another cheaper alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I think he is using a vodafone Sim in a modem so therefore not wired. He is an OAP so limited income.I'm afraid he's not tech savvy and although he has a good unlocked Samsung smartphone he wont use it preferring a "dumb" phone. I could hopefully teach or persuade him to use tethering to his PC from it if his router/ modem is locked to vodafone. Even if his coverage or internet speed is poor I assume the most he will loose by buying a 48.ie sim is 7.99 once -off payment. If that doesnt work I might suggest go mo to him as another cheaper alternative.

He won't lose 7.99, as he will get 1gb free t try out.

Just for a slight pointless update on my issue with Verification Texts. Just got my Amazon one time password from yesterday only about 20/22 hours late haha

Edit: Guess the issue is fixed. Tested my Revolut top up again and got my PTSB code straight away

Just for a slight pointless update on my issue with Verification Texts. Just got my Amazon one time password from yesterday only about 20/22 hours late haha

Edit: Guess the issue is fixed. Tested my Revolut top up again and got my PTSB code straight away

Update from me as well. Received 20+ Amazon texts in one go from all the tries. Also receiving Microsoft texts.

I have to say this is the second time 48 have impressed me. Messing up is OK, it happens, but as long as they fix it, it's fine. Their first line chat support is... as expected. But somebody after that must be doing something.

I'll tell you one thing, if this had been Vodafone, you and I would never see a text message from Amazon again.

EDIT: BTW, your update is not pointless at all. It's nice when people return and put answers/updates/solutions to problems and questions rather than being selfish and leaving it once their issue is solved.

Update from me as well. Received 20+ Amazon texts in one go from all the tries. Also receiving Microsoft texts.

I have to say this is the second time 48 have impressed me. Messing up is OK, it happens, but as long as they fix it, it's fine. Their first line chat support is... as expected. But somebody after that must be doing something.

I'll tell you one thing, if this had been Vodafone, you and I would never see a text message from Amazon again.

EDIT: BTW, your update is not pointless at all. It's nice when people return and put answers/updates/solutions to problems and questions rather than being selfish and leaving it once their issue is solved.

I'm guessing it must have been related to that roaming issue. Their latest message mentions issues with International Texts so I'm guessing those verification texts don't actually come from an Irish service

Glad it's sorted for you as well, always prefer when these things affect more than just me, more likely to get fixed quicker

I'm guessing it must have been related to that roaming issue. Their latest message mentions issues with International Texts so I'm guessing those verification texts don't actually come from an Irish service

Glad it's sorted for you as well, always prefer when these things affect more than just me, more likely to get fixed quicker

Yes, I thought those texts are international, that's why once they announced that issue my guess was that it would be related to this.

Thanks! And agreed on the second point as well, haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

When I hit recruit when I'm logged in, I get brought to a page displaying what google translate tells me is Latin text. It then switches to an error page saying it I’m using safari and that my browser doesn’t allow cookies and to switch to chrome.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I’ve signed up two people on my recruiter sims and those people and me did not receive the recruiter credit. I’ve setup 7 friends prior to this and always we both got €8. Anyone have this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Westernworld.

I'll have to look at switching , speeds are gone unusable at nite and hotspot keeps dropping out

Advertisement