Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    Digne injury lessens DCL prospects somewhat. They have some tricky fixtures coming up anyway, but Dignes deliveries will be missed.

I was just thinking the same. I'm probably the only person in here who doesn't have DCL so not sure about him now with the fixtures and this injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I was just thinking the same. I'm probably the only person in here who doesn't have DCL so not sure about him now with the fixtures and this injury.

Some people had a similar thought process when richarlison was suspended and Rodriguez was injured , but DCL manages to somehow get points.

It is logic to think that his supply should be lessened but ... I'm sure everton will factor this in when training this week,

Personally I'm in a bit of a panic, took Salah out and now thinking I may need a bit to reverse the decision....or move other players about the place, I also have zaha and Jorginho in my team so... Not entirely happy with my points returns recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,947 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Some people had a similar thought process when richarlison was suspended and Rodriguez was injured , but DCL manages to somehow get points.

It is logic to think that his supply should be lessened but ... I'm sure everton will factor this in when training this week,

Personally I'm in a bit of a panic, took Salah out and now thinking I may need a bit to reverse the decision....or other players about the place, I also have zaha and Jorginho in my team so... Not entirely happy with my points returns recently.
    His stats were affected though. His output was affected too, but he still had some output too. If Digne being out affects his underlying stats then there really is a big risk that this time he will regress closer to the mean.

CSF wrote: »
    His stats were affected though. His output was affected too, but he still had some output too. If Digne being out affects his underlying stats then there really is a big risk that this time he will regress closer to the mean.

The same logic could also apply to vardy ... When the court case is mentioned he may not be 100% focused on his performance....I don't know his underlying stats for performances prior to or after each of his children's births or previous court appearances (if he has had any or has appeared in support of anyone at court)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any word on castagne ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Any word on castagne ?
    Looked this up today in the Leicester Mercury
    While Ndidi, Timothy Castagne (hamstring), Caglar Soyuncu (adductor) and Ricardo Pereira (knee) will not feature in Thursday’s Europa League tie in Braga, Rodgers did give updates on the quartet during his press conference ahead of the match.

“Timothy hasn’t travelled, so we’re just monitoring him over the course of this week to see where he’s at before the game on Monday (against Fulham),” said Rodgers.

“Wilf is progressing really well, so we’ll see the possibility of him when we play in Ukraine, so that’ll be great news.

“Cags, he's a bit further down the line, but we’ll see where he’s at in the next few weeks.

“They’re progressing really well, but none of them are obviously here to play.”

Ricardo made his first outing in City colours in eight months on Monday as he represented the Under-23s in their 2-1 win over West Ham.

Now he’s back on the pitch, he will require a few weeks to build his match fitness given the length of time he has been on the sidelines.

The same logic could also apply to vardy ... When the court case is mentioned he may not be 100% focused on his performance....I don't know his underlying stats for performances prior to or after each of his children's births or previous court appearances (if he has had any or has appeared in support of anyone at court)

I can’t argue this with statistics but I do suspect losing one of your key source of assists probably has a greater impact on FPL returns than your wife suing someone for libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember Vardy going on a run of form the last time his missus was in the news for the wrong reasons. The lad seems to thrive in adversity

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

manual_man wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i seem to remember Vardy going on a run of form the last time his missus was in the news for the wrong reasons. The lad seems to thrive in adversity

No pressure now, but he is now...in my team and captained !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ings on the way back - targeting Brighton game.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Ings on the way back - targeting Brighton game.

Does he go straight back in, or will Walcott be moved.

Does he go straight back in, or will Walcott be moved.

Definetly

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

That's a fairly long term one isn't it? Wolves continue to surprise me with new players they seem to find from nowhere, but Raul was always the one that you'd worry about replace. He gets an awful lot of their goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That's a fairly long term one isn't it? Wolves continue to surprise me with new players they seem to find from nowhere, but Raul was always the one that you'd worry about replace. He gets an awful lot of their goals.

They find them from Portugal mate. Going the Algarve on their holibops and picking up footballers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He might have to retire. Joe Mason had to retire after fracturing his skull

Edit

Ryan Mason

siblers wrote: »
    He might have to retire. Joe Mason had to retire after fracturing his skull

Ryan Mason, I though his had a lot of complications tho. Cech fractured his skull too and played (albeit with the scrum cap). Are there any other footballers that have done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ryan Mason, I though his had a lot of complications tho. Cech fractured his skull too and played (albeit with the scrum cap). Are there any other footballers that have done it?

Was listening to a very interesting podcast last week where a leading medical expert was saying that those scrum caps are actually a huge negative for outfield players and rugby players - his logic being that you are doing damage to the skull but that because of the scrum cap you don't realise it at the time and that it can manifest itself in later life.

• Advertisement

Heres hoping its not a career shortener for Jimenez. I would say its almost a given that he won't play again this season either way. Glad for him that it isn't a World Cup year and hopefully he can be back in great health by the time that comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I am not sure if this is classed as injury but skysports reporting Villa and Newcastle game called off.

Martinez, Grealish and Wilson owner here. Devastated.

I am not sure if this is classed as injury but skysports reporting Villa and Newcastle game called off.

Martinez, Grealish and Wilson owner here. Devastated.

It is a suspension though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Will hold as long as possible till its announced when it will be scheduled for

It is a suspension though. ;)

What do you mean?

I would be gutted. I was flying high, top 300 k :S

What do you mean?

I would be gutted. I was flying high, top 300 k :S

You said not sure if it can be classed as an injury. Well it is a suspension. A game suspension.

You said not sure if it can be classed as an injury. Well it is a suspension. A game suspension.

I get you I get you.

&%^% absolutely gutted. Do I free hit?

In my past experience whatever transfer i make before free hit is actually reversed after freehit (first season I thought it was a bug, but happened to me 2nd season also..) , but i have saved up a transfer and used 2 on Saturday evening, like an idiot, to get that KDB price rise by 0.1. I am fuming at myself

I get you I get you.

&%^% absolutely gutted. Do I free hit?

In my past experience whatever transfer i make before free hit is actually reversed after freehit (first season I thought it was a bug, but happened to me 2nd season also..) , but i have saved up a transfer and used 2 on Saturday evening, like an idiot, to get that KDB price rise by 0.1. I am fuming at myself

If you have a full playing bench I think you should hold the Free Hit until later in the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Let's keep this thread for player injury/suspension.
    Use general chat for fridays cancellation.

Otherwise we'll have split discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Anyone know when they will announce if Cavani is getting a ban?

Advertisement