Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020/2021 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ryan Mason, I though his had a lot of complications tho. Cech fractured his skull too and played (albeit with the scrum cap). Are there any other footballers that have done it?

Michael Keane at Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Boards acting up for me so can't post tweet.

Jose confirms Harry Kane and Sergio Reguillon are both carrying an injury and 'they have a chance for the weekend'.

Fcuk, fcukity, fcuk, fcuk, fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »

Jose confirms Harry Kane and Sergio Reguillon are both carrying an injury and 'they have a chance for the weekend'.

High chance of mind games like the Son one, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    High chance of mind games like the Son one, but you never know.

Would love if he was just ruled out so then would do Kane out and upgrade in midfield - alternative option is Vardy out. But if take a hit this week and having two non play players, along with both holding and Kilman seemingly being dropped, things get a bit ropy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Absolute carnage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Anyone have any insight to Robertson being flagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Anyone have any insight to Robertson being flagged?

He got a kick in the ankle early in the game and was hobbling. He got bandaged up and completed the game. I'd be hopeful its the type of injury that he will get strapped up and be able to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

On the prospect of Kane returning this weekend; Mourinho: “I’m not going to tell you the nature of his injury, but I think he has a good chance. I don’t want to lie... I think he’s going to play, that’s my feeling.”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

He got a kick in the ankle early in the game and was hobbling. He got bandaged up and completed the game. I'd be hopeful its the type of injury that he will get strapped up and be able to play.
    Should be fine. He was bombing down the wing in the 2nd half. Bit of ice should be fine for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Kane will start . No doubt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dr. Bre wrote: »

I would expect him to start, but the only thing I would say is that if he has some niggle, I doubt Jose would want to aggravate the injury and have Kane out for months as has happened in the past, it's a bad week or him to pick up a niggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Yea he'll get a rest in Europa league and start at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I would expect him to start, but the only thing I would say is that if he has some niggle, I doubt Jose would want to aggravate the injury and have Kane out for months as has happened in the past, it's a bad week or him to pick up a niggle.

Agree with this. When he starts, if he so much as gets a touch off someone else, or shows a limp he'll be whipped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Rashford has a shoulder issue that forced him off early v PSG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Soyuncu off injured in Leicester game, safe to say he is out for the weekend.

Vardy not in squad, hopefully just rested for the weekend....and not a sign we should be worried.

No Kane in spurs squad could be mind games from the gaffer, but could equally also be something serious.

Soyuncu off injured in Leicester game, safe to say he is out for the weekend.

Vardy not in squad, hopefully just rested for the weekend....and not a sign we should be worried.

No Kane in spurs squad could be mind games from the gaffer, but could equally also be something serious.

Kane was never going to feature tonight as Spurs are more or less through to the next round and no need to risk him.

Vardy just rested I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

No Kane or Reguillon in Spurs squad is not good, add in my three villa players and I'm in shítsville

ShaneU wrote: »
    No Kane or Reguillon in Spurs squad is not good, add in my three villa players and I'm in shítsville

As has been said already, Mourinho expects Kane to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Zaha returns !!

Aguero back in training (headache for those that have Jesus)

Possibly TAA returning to liverpool defence - Keita also in line for a return to action.

Source/more team news ...here https://www.premierleague.com/news/1792408

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Aguero back in training (headache for those that have Jesus)

Source/more team news ...here https://www.premierleague.com/news/1792408

For anyone worried about Jesus v Fulham, no headache this weekend but it'd put me off buying him for sure.

Irish Independent:
    Asked if he was in contention for Saturday’s game at the Etihad Stadium, Guardiola said: “No. He is getting better. Today he was part of the training, that is the good news. He is already on the pitch with us.”

Source: https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sergio-aguero-to-miss-manchester-citys-match-against-fulham-with-knee-injury-39826747.html

MEN going with this headline: Pep Guardiola rules Sergio Aguero out of Man City vs Fulham despite injury boost

First q of press conference asked if Aguero is likely to involved this weekend

Pep's reply started with the word 'No'

Full video at MEN Link

Source: https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-aguero-injury-fulham-19400921

Man City website
    The boss shared positive news at this afternoon’s press conference.

“He’s getting better,” said Pep.

“He is part of the training. It is good news that he's on the pitch with us.

“Well see (if he’ll be back soon).”

The boss didn’t reveal any further injury concerns ahead of tomorrow’s game.

Source: https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-v-fulham-injury-news-63742683

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just seen reports that West Ham's Masuaku has undergone knee surgery and may be out long term. Not flagged on the FPL site yet.

macraignil wrote: »
    Just seen reports that West Ham's Masuaku has undergone knee surgery and may be out long term. Not flagged on the FPL site yet.

Ah bollocks. Nearly got to avoid a hit.

So that would most likely mean Diop starting in the back 3 and Cresswell moving to LWB.

Edit - although the article says Ben Johnson likely to deputise. To be honest that article is very poorly written and if I was more paranoid I’d think it was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ah bollocks. Nearly got to avoid a hit.

So that would most likely mean Diop starting in the back 3 and Cresswell moving to LWB.

Edit - although the article says Ben Johnson likely to deputise. To be honest that article is very poorly written and if I was more paranoid I’d think it was fake.

I hope it's Johnson as he's 3.9 and I need a sub 4.3 defender to make my preferred transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's a really weird one.

Masuaku posted the surgery, then deleted the post.

Moyes didn't mention it in his press conferenct today, even when asked if there were any injury worries.

Apparently it's to fix a 2 year problem, but we didn't buy anyone to cover it.

Not sure what's going on. 5 at the back has worked very well. Cresswell was a liability at LB the past few years, I really don't know what to see there tomorrow night. Don't think Cresswell can do it more than emergency cover, and even at that we're breaking up a successful back 3.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    It's a really weird one.

Masuaku posted the surgery, then deleted the post.

Moyes didn't mention it in his press conferenct today, even when asked if there were any injury worries.

Apparently it's to fix a 2 year problem, but we didn't buy anyone to cover it.

Not sure what's going on. 5 at the back has worked very well. Cresswell was a liability at LB the past few years, I really don't know what to see there tomorrow night. Don't think Cresswell can do it more than emergency cover, and even at that we're breaking up a successful back 3.

Yeah it’s a weird one alright.

I’ll leave him on my bench for this GW and see what happens. You’d have to back Cresswell being moved to LWB and Diop starting surely ? Either way I’ll bring in Diop or Johnson depending on this weeks selection and result.

It means I’ll have to upgrade my fodder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I hope it's Johnson as he's 3.9 and I need a sub 4.3 defender to make my preferred transfers.

Potentially a 3.9 defender with a double in GW19.
    OH MY!!

I also need a cheap DF. Might bank the hit this week and hope he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

That would be perfect, need rid of Mitchell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Think I’ll just move Masuaku on for one of the Saints defenders-probably Vestergaard.

I already have Mitchell and Cancelo so can’t afford to bench Masuaku.

Hopefully in the press conference today we get an idea of how long he will be out for

thunderdog wrote: »
    Think I’ll just move Masuaku on for one of the Saints defenders-probably Vestergaard.

I already have Mitchell and Cancelo so can’t afford to bench Masuaku.

Hopefully in the press conference today we get an idea of how long he will be out for

Moyes’ press conference was yesterday and he didn’t mention anything about Masuaku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Moyes’ press conference was yesterday and he didn’t mention anything about Masuaku.

But he posted the picture on Instagram before it was deleted. Would appear that he did have the op but that Moyes wasn’t very happy he made that information freely available to Leeds.

Advertisement