Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you playing, Nintendo edition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm 3 chapters into Steamworld Quest and I'm really enjoying it. I think some of the tutorials could be a bit better (I had to look online to understand the cog system properly) but I'm flying it now. The card system is very well thought out.

The battle music is gorgeous too. So catchy. I'm going to make it my ringtone as soon as I can. :o

Roll on Slay The Spire, I have a taste for this kind of game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm 3 chapters into Steamworld Quest and I'm really enjoying it. I think some of the tutorials could be a bit better (I had to look online to understand the cog system properly) but I'm flying it now. The card system is very well thought out.

The battle music is gorgeous too. So catchy. I'm going to make it my ringtone as soon as I can. :o

I'm on to Chapter 2 - also really enjoying it. It's a relaxing game to play - other turn based are also but there's just something really nice about the whole package here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Mr E wrote: »

Be aware that you can't level past a certain point per chapter so no hour-long grinding sessions to wipe out the boss. I mean, with the right tactics, you can wipe out the bosses anyway :)

The card combos are great, worth working out*

*if a card has another characters icon at the bottom, let them complete an action immediately before that card and it'll boost the next card in a combo. eg. play an Armilly card, then Galleo's Gigaton Punch (has Armilly's face on it). Gigaton Punch will get a nice boost to attack power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Double Dash

Have gold in everything except Star Cup & Special Cup in 150cc.

Would have gold in Star Cup except for my own stupid mistakes.

Making progress, though.

Has the AI screwed you in All Cup tour yet? That's a Double Dash rite of passage.

Just finished Let's Go, Pikachu. Pretty chill game but gets a little dull. Wild Pokemon in the overworld needs to stay a thing. Granted, hell of a task for the main series with the full 807 rather than the extremely limited OG 150 at which Let's Go caps itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Has the AI screwed you in All Cup tour yet? That's a Double Dash rite of passage.

Is this something I have yet to unlock? Feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Is this something I have yet to unlock? Feels like it.

Ahem.

The AI's gonna **** you.

Picked up FF12 physical edition last week and am only now sinking myself into it. Jaysus it's a great game. It has a speed up button as well which is nice. I'm doing bits of grinding here and there as I'm generally under-leveled but hitting level 17 now and heading for the Sandsea (after I change around my jobs and do some Marks :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Have you checked out the bestiery in FF12 yet? Parts unlock the more monsters you kill. I loved that when I was playing the PS2 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rhyme wrote: »
    Picked up FF12 physical edition last week and am only now sinking myself into it. Jaysus it's a great game. It has a speed up button as well which is nice. I'm doing bits of grinding here and there as I'm generally under-leveled but hitting level 17 now and heading for the Sandsea (after I change around my jobs and do some Marks :) ).

I'm just getting to the point where I'll have all party members about 5 hours it. It's really very good and definitely glad that it hit the switch so it's easier to play on versus a PS4

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Have you checked out the bestiery in FF12 yet? Parts unlock the more monsters you kill. I loved that when I was playing the PS2 version.

Yeah, they are little 3D models now, really cool. Not sure if I prefer them or the old pictures.
    chrislad wrote: »
    I'm just getting to the point where I'll have all party members about 5 hours it. It's really very good and definitely glad that it hit the switch so it's easier to play on versus a PS4

Perfect on the go game as well. An hour commute becomes some story and some fighting and some customising. Speaking of which, the free-reset on the license board is really nice. As soon as I could I got Penelo as a white mage and Balthier as the katana class (Bushi).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Picked up Undertale last week, having never played it before. What a brilliant little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Picked up Undertale last week, having never played it before. What a brilliant little game.

It's so good. Whats your play style going through it?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

fixxxer wrote: »
    It's so good. Whats your play style going through it?

See, I didn't realise heading into it that play style mattered, or there were different endings etc. I've ended up either going pacifist where I can, or killing characters when I run out of ideas. God knows what ending I'll end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

They finally fixed Xenon Racer. I’ve had it a month since it launched and couldn’t play the damned thing.

It’s so good now!!!! I feel I finally have a replacement for Daytona USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

See, I didn't realise heading into it that play style mattered, or there were different endings etc. I've ended up either going pacifist where I can, or killing characters when I run out of ideas. God knows what ending I'll end up with.

I was the same, and restarted to go full pacifist as found it hard to deal with some of the deaths I caused. I found playing that way more interesting than the genocide option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I just killed everything (I should really have looked into what the game was about first) and then got confused when I learned about the pacifist route. Then just left it to join the rest of my backlog on 'sd card 01'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Finished The Messenger over the weekend. Great game but definitely enjoyed the linear part of it more than the metroidvania part, thin the level design is more suited to it. Found I was doing a huge amount of backtracking through the same areas and there isn't much info on what to do next as it all gets a bit vague. Found the last couple of hours dragged. Earlier bosses were much harder than later ones and the general difficulty spikes in the game seem a bit random.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Playing Tales of Vesperia have to say it is exceptionally good characters are great and story after 22 hours is starting to get interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Finished Yoku's Island Express (81% official completion rate - not bothered getting the rest of the gimpoids to make it 100%)

A nice little game(and great value in the current sale). Aesthetically like a mix between rayman legends and pikmin, music is jolly, the story is suitably silly, and the pinball-platformer mechanic is unique and fun.

Some small criticisms: it's a little easy to get stuck and little in the way of hints which can be infuriating if you DO get stuck. Also the general difficulty is maybe a little on the easy side,
    the final boss was VERY easy i thought

But overall definitely a recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Playing Celeste after getting it on sale recently (think about €10 from the SA eshop?) - quite enjoying it! Just finished Chapter 5, haven't had to resort to the easy/help mode yet, which surprised me as I was holding off buying it because of how hard people were finding it. That said, I am not a completionist type player at all and have zero interest in getting each strawberry, crystal heart, etc... once the game is finished I'm 99% sure I'll never play it again, as with almost all other games - too many good ones languishing in my backlog for replays!

Glad this came along as I hadn't really been using the old Switch in recent months, only the PS4 was getting turned on. Really want that new Hollow Knight game to come out soon, that will ensure the Switch is my main gaming machine for the guts of 40 hours or however long it takes to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Picked up Thumper (among other games) in the sale. It's great fun and looks gorgeous.
    Having a games night in the house this evening. Mario Kart, Rocket League, Bomberman and Battlloon all on the agenda. Then once I kick everyone out I'll try and finish Inside. Amazing game!

Edit: for anyone hosting a games night anytime soon, Battlloon is a must have. Best craic I've had in ages in a multiplayer game. Think it's about €6 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Finished the story mode on Defense Grid 2 yesterday. Really enjoyable little game!!

Any recommendations for something similar for when I'm done with Bastion?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Finished the story mode on Defense Grid 2 yesterday. Really enjoyable little game!!

Any recommendations for something similar for when I'm done with Bastion?

There's nothing similar, from what I can tell. Which is a crying shame! Defense Grid is still my main game, after buying on launch. I've gone over it a few times trying to get the high score. I'm top 4 in each level on standard difficulty.

There really is a big Tower Defence shaped hole in the Switch catalogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,835 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The_B_Man wrote: »
    There's nothing similar, from what I can tell. Which is a crying shame! Defense Grid is still my main game, after buying on launch. I've gone over it a few times trying to get the high score. I'm top 4 in each level on standard difficulty.

There really is a big Tower Defence shaped hole in the Switch catalogue.

I think they'd do quite well on the platform. I'd love a few more to sink my teeth into!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Picked up the ass creed 3 remaster I mean wii u port for the switch today and to be far its not the worst looking game on the switch.

It looks and plays OK so far and I know it's a 7 year old game but I am happy out with being able to play full proper ass creed game on the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Got gold in Double Dash Special Cup 150cc!

Was looking forward to mirror mode or something, but this all cups yoke? 16 races in a row? Jesus this not cool at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was looking forward to mirror mode or something, but this all cups yoke? 16 races in a row? Jesus this not cool at all.

Well done all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really wish they'd bring back the all cups mode in MK8 Deluxe. Put a ridiculous amount of time into it in DD back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Got a few of my mates hooked on Ding Dong XL at the weekend and now I'm getting daily updates from them on their latest high scores.
    Game only costs €1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I started that too. The risk/reward of passing close to the obstacles is very addictive. :o

Advertisement