Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best and Worst Towns in County Cork

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

booksale wrote: »
    I am also reading threads about towns in county Cork.

Anyone can comment about Mitchelstown? Thinking to get a property there as property price is very reasonable. We have small kids. Is it a nice town to raise young children? Is it a welcoming town for non Irish people?

We are also considering macroom and mallow. But it seems to me that Mitchelstown is more attractive for its scenes in the surroundings. Well all I read is that it’s offering good food, good cycling trails, scenes, Mitchelstowncave, music festival and commutable distance to cork city, limerick city etc.

Would love to hear recent opinions about these three towns : mitchelstown, macroom and mallow, esp mitchelstown.
    I would put Mallow and Mitchelstown before Macroom. Mitchelstown has easy access to motorway for access to Cork and Dublin. Mallow has the rail connections, general hospital, a good selection of houses, schools, shops and a bigger population than Mitchelstown. Both are good towns though. Both have good access to scenic areas e.g. Ballyhoura hills, Blackwater valley, Doneraile Court etc.
    I just think Macroom loses out on transport infrastructure especially public transport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Has Charleville been mentioned? Awful kip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

lisao80 wrote: »
    Im gonna jump on the hating Dunmanway Band wagon as well.. its a dull depressing hole, i have nothing nice to say about the place, used go out there when i was younger and there was always fights there, even now 10 yrs on if i drive thru there at say 3 or 4 on a sat night there is people asleep on the street.
    the shops have nothing in them.. and the traffic can be a pain in the ass.

fav town is either Clon or skibb In west cork or Cobh in East Cork, i spent 6 yrs livin in cobh and loved it.

Really??? i live in Durrus..:confused::rolleyes:

Your comments about Dunmanway remind me of when I was passing through there on the bus about fifteen years ago, there was some fair or festival on. I saw two drunk guys fighting by the small bridge over the river, one guy grabbed the other and was trying to throw him over the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Any thoughts on millstreet

cute geoge wrote: »

Millstreet is located in picturesque country, has the Green Glens arena for entertainment, horse shows etc. About 30 minutes to Killarney if no local employment, is serviced by the mainline rail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Edgware wrote: »
    Millstreet is located in picturesque country, has the Green Glens arena for entertainment, horse shows etc. About 30 minutes to Killarney if no local employment, is serviced by the mainline rail

Does the Malpasso Bar with pictures of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly over the fascia still exist?

Seamai wrote: »
    Does the Malpasso Bar with pictures of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly over the fascia still exist?

Not sure about that. I'm more a Maureens Bar, Mallow client myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any ideas what happened with Hungry Harry’s in Charleville?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

cute geoge wrote: »

Handy for train

• Advertisement
Advertisement