Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-10-2019, 15:26   #31
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonIvyBelle View Post
I really have issue with things like this getting blown up out of proportion. It only makes it even harder for real sexual assault cases to get the respect they deserve in the press and in court.

No it doesn’t? One has no bearing on the other. The prosecution and the magistrates who know the law and heard the evidence in this case determined that it constituted sexual assault. Therefore by that criteria, this was a real case of sexual assault, and it got the respect it deserved in Court.

Whatever way it is represented and reported in the media, and whatever anyone else chooses to make of it according to their own standards, is an entirely different matter.
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 15:27   #32
Ironicname

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack
And you’re attempting to suggest the girl was over-reacting?
I think she definitely over reacted
10-10-2019, 15:28   #33
Andrew00

Ur man looks like a school shooter
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:29   #34
c.p.w.g.w

Context and intent are very important, but people are totally ignoring that
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:31   #35
Sam Quentin

I don't think he meant any arm.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 15:35   #36
One eyed Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironicname View Post
I think she definitely over reacted

Well she brushed off the first interaction between them as weird and thought nothing of it. The second time he came at her, I can’t say I blame her for making a complaint against him. It would have to have been considered an over-reaction all the way up the chain from that point on - from the investigating officers to the prosecution to the magistrates. Are they all over-reacting too?

He hasn’t even been sentenced yet and the opening post talks about how the world is fcuked and he could have been on death row for touching a girls arm. I’d suggest that was the over-reaction the Daily Mail were hoping for.
(2) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:36   #37
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew00 View Post
Ur man looks like a school shooter
Well, yeah he does. But isn't being socially awkward and unable to fit in, a pretty common theme in school shootings?

The INCELs get a lot of stick and they're an easy target. I think that's too easy. Those blokes need help, I'm sure they get enough sagging day in day out. The school shootings are not really the point, they're just a very obvious symptom of the fact that these people are desperately unable to cope with things and need support.

Last edited by El_Duderino 09; 10-10-2019 at 15:50.
10-10-2019, 15:37   #38
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.p.w.g.w View Post
Context and intent are very important, but people are totally ignoring that
Not most of the people on this thread. Most people are considering both of those things.

What conclusion do you think people would come to if they considered context and intention?

Last edited by El_Duderino 09; 10-10-2019 at 15:45.
Thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:39   #39
osarusan

The defence story about just being lonely and looking for a friend sounds hopelessly untrue, but I don't think it's a sexual assault either, maybe just common assault.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 15:41   #40
suicide_circus

the hormonal desires coursing through the veins of a teenage boy are literally mind boggling and quite relentless. this dosnt excuse any wrongdoing but there is no talk or class in the world that can equip a person for it.
10-10-2019, 15:48   #41
Ironicname

Quote:
Originally Posted by One eyed Jack
He hasn’t even been sentenced yet and the opening post talks about how the world is fcuked and he could have been on death row for touching a girls arm. I’d suggest that was the over-reaction the Daily Mail were hoping for.
I'd argue that someone potentially being on a sex offenders register for what was described is absolutely absurd. I personally think any punishment is absurd.

What would you suggest would be a suitable punishment?
10-10-2019, 15:48   #42
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
the hormonal desires coursing through the veins of a teenage boy are literally mind boggling and quite relentless. this dosnt excuse any wrongdoing but there is no talk or class in the world that can equip a person for it.
Yeah but most people don't do stuff like this guy. Assuming he doesn't get social interactions, he's in a different category and needs additional support.
(3) thanks from:
10-10-2019, 15:49   #43
c.p.w.g.w

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
Not most of the people on this thread. Most people are considering both of those things.

What conclusion do you think people would come to if they considered context and intention?
Sorry I meant most people in position of power.

Just look at the count dacula in Scotland with the nazi pug context was totally ignored by the courts
10-10-2019, 15:53   #44
suicide_circus

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
Yeah but most people don't do stuff like this guy. Assuming he doesn't get social interactions, he's in a different category and needs additional support.
and theres also the gender dynamic at play.
10-10-2019, 15:55   #45
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_circus View Post
and theres also the gender dynamic at play.
What does that mean?

And would you agree that this guy needs additional support?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion