Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-10-2019, 13:25   #1
spodoinkle

Guy touches girls arm, faces 10 years for sexual assault

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onviction.html

the world is officially f*cked. My previous life of chatting up the ladies could have me facing the death penalty, I touched more arms than I can remember.

Has this kids life been ruined for touching a girls arm? How can she seriously have reported this?
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 13:28   #2

she needs to be shot with balls of her own ****e

snowflake overload
10-10-2019, 13:29   #3
spurious
Category Moderator

Did you read the article? He as a randomer just marched up to this girl, said nothing and touched her arm.

I can see how she found that frightening.
Do I think he should be locked up? No, as I understand he 'has issues', but I can absolutely understand how she was very afraid the second time he tried it.

The whole not speaking thing, I think, made it more creepy.
10-10-2019, 13:32   #4

the exageration of how he was going to touch her breast is a bit far fetched, as for saying it ruined her chaces for Oxford hahaha

honestly, this generation is ruined
(127) thanks from:
1800_Ladladlad, 20silkcut, ahnowbrowncow, AlphabetCards, amber69, An Ri rua, argolis, BattleCorp, BeeBob, Big Nasty, bladespin, Bradt Pitt, cal naughton, Canard, charlie14, DaaaaaaaaaaN, dalyboy, Damien360, Danzy, DaraDali, deadlineday, deceit, Diceicle, dmc17, downesy, Doylers, Dtp1979, Emmersonn, end of the road, entropi, Eric Cartman, Four Phucs Ache, Foweva Awone, fullstop, fxotoole, gerrybbadd, Go Home Paddy Cat!!, gordongekko, gormdubhgorm, hatchman, hedzball, Hoboo, Hunky Monster, InstaSte, IrishZeus, Islander13, J Mysterio, JayZeus, Jimmy Garlic, Jimmy_Conway, JJayoo, joeysoap, johnnykilo, jones, Juanito13, Jude13, khaldrogo, Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime, Lefty Bicek, liamo77, LillySV, Longing, Mantis Toboggan, MarkR, mayomaffia, McGaggs, Melanchthon, Meleftone, mitresize5, MonkieSocks, Montage of Feck, Mrs Gilhooley, Mrs OBumble, Muh Fugga!, munster87, notharrypotter, Odyssey 2005, Omackeral, one world order, onetimecypher, Outlaw Pete, OwlsZat, Padraig Mor, Peatys, Persepoly, pinkyeye, Pompey Magnus, PrettyBoy, RacoonQueen, razorblunt, Rezident, rgace, robbieshaft, Rosedust84, Rubberchikken, Samsgirl, Sanity_Saviour, Sawduck, seligehgit, SEPT 23 1989, Sharknose, shirazhyder84, Slattsy, soups05, SpannerMonkey, Stark, Still waters, StinkyMunkey, Strumms, sugarman, Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo, tashiusclay, The chan chan man, The Diddakoi, The Maniacs, TheDavester, TheMilkyPirate, TheValeyard, the_pen_turner, the_syco, Venom, Vowel Movement, walshb, whiskeyman, Wibbs, Zirconia, _Kaiser_
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 13:33   #6
gerrybbadd

Poor chap. I can understand both sides here. I think the case should be thrown out however. No intentional harm here, the intent wasn't there.
10-10-2019, 13:36   #7
billymitchell

No matter what the sentencing is, this guy's life will ruined.
I am not taking away from what he did, or from the girls' trauma over the event, but criminal convictions for stuff like this is a world gone mad imho.
10-10-2019, 13:37   #8
padd b1975

I think I'll have to start to come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to get the ride ever again.
10-10-2019, 13:37   #9
JustJoe7240

I'm guessing that this would not be an issue had she actually been smart enough to get into Oxford
Advertisement
10-10-2019, 13:37   #10
Eric Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttree View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this lad is not actually going to get 10 years in prison.
The idea that he is even in a position to get a conviction is worrying
10-10-2019, 13:38   #11
randd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suttree View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say this lad is not actually going to get 10 years in prison.
He could end up on the sex offenders register though.

Imagine that hanging over your life because you were an awkward eejit that touched the arm of a young wan?

He must be a bit simple. I reckon so is your wan.
10-10-2019, 13:40   #12
riffmongous

you just left out half the story, gah Boards really needs to let you call out OPs like this for what they are
Quote:
She told the hearing: 'I saw him facing a hedge and I thought it was really weird. As I walked towards him, he suddenly swung round so he was facing me.

'As soon as he moved I moved and said: 'stop' and he touched my arm. I sort of jolted out of the way and went into the road to avoid him and he very quickly walked away.

'I think it would have been on my breast had I not moved. When it first happened I didn't think much of it. I forgot about it because I had my exams and just thought it was weird behaviour.'

She said she encountered Griffiths a second time: 'He suddenly moved to walk in front of me, looked me straight in the eye, touched me on my side and walked off.

'It was quite a while - three to five seconds. He smirked at me, he didn't stop he just touched me and walked off and I broke down crying - it was quite traumatic.
10-10-2019, 13:43   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by randd1 View Post
He could end up on the sex offenders register though.

Imagine that hanging over your life because you were an awkward eejit that touched the arm of a young wan?

He must be a bit simple. I reckon so is your wan.
I struggle to see a court convicting like his unless they were fairly convinced he was actually trying to grope her and attempted it a second time.
10-10-2019, 13:49   #14
Suckit

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
Did you read the article? He as a randomer just marched up to this girl, said nothing and touched her arm.

I can see how she found that frightening.
Do I think he should be locked up? No, as I understand he 'has issues', but I can absolutely understand how she was very afraid the second time he tried it.

The whole not speaking thing, I think, made it more creepy.

From the article

Quote:
She told the hearing: 'I saw him facing a hedge and I thought it was really weird. As I walked towards him, he suddenly swung round so he was facing me.
'As soon as he moved I moved and said: 'stop' and he touched my arm. I sort of jolted out of the way and went into the road to avoid him and he very quickly walked away.
'I think it would have been on my breast had I not moved.
10-10-2019, 13:50   #15
Beasty
Administrator

It's not a mandatory sentence. Sentencing has not taken place yet. Sensationalist newspaper headline alongside sensationalist thread title

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion