Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surname change after Marriage

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

That’s great that they did that. I’m sure symbolically that was of enormous importance to them.
    Your surname means something.
    And to some it means nothing.

They need not have married/separated/moved on to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Addle wrote: »
    I’m shocked at how quickly and easily most women I know change their name after marriage.
    I feel it’s like they wear their new name as a badge of honor, because being married is the be all and end all.
    I think some of them are pathetic man pleasers to be honest.
    They’re definitely not feminists anyways.
    That’s just my opinion.
    Needless to say, I haven’t changed my name and have no intention of.

I thought that the be all and end all for women was that they would have choice in all things?
    So if a woman’s choice is to make marriage and taking her husbands name her goal, and she achieves this, then why are you not supporting her?
    Why are you labeling these women as pathetic?
    I see that you are all in favor of choice for women as long as they make the right choice ie a choice that meets with your approval.
    <snip>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Mod note: splinter65, I understand where your post is coming from, but going down that line is just dragging the thread off-topic so I’ve deleted that last post of yours.

All posters are reminded to keep things civil and on-topic, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Jupiter Mulligan

Mrs. Mulligan (a teacher) had a surname that was hard to spell and the pupils and parents were always getting it wrong, so she jumped at becoming a Mulligan. My incredible physique, selfless foreplay and bulging bank balance were also factors, but the surname was the clincher.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Mrs. Mulligan (a teacher) had a surname that was hard to spell and the pupils and parents were always getting it wrong, so she jumped at becoming a Mulligan. My incredible physique, selfless foreplay and bulging bank balance were also factors, but the surname was the clincher.

....you forgot to mention your humility your modesty and your open top sports car..... (-:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ainegrainne

Take his name or don't. Those are your options.

Advertisement