Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Is the TV deal for just broadband also ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Is the TV deal for just broadband also ??

Negative, looks like full bundles only starting from €59 per month.

Just gave cancellation request...some rude b#$%^ called and said we have been offering you half price since 2014 so cannot offer you anything...bye bye...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I cancelled everything a while back (all finishing up on 20th Nov).
    In meantime got an ok offer on broadband so stayed with them for that. (Sky for tv).

Now I get landed with a full 94 euro bill (tv and wifi to cover me til the 7th of december).
    They expect me pay it and get a refund via cheque.........this cant be standard practice?
    I wouldnt rust them to send the money I am owed so not a chance am I paying full amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

I just cancelled, they gave me a final offer that worked out to be €44.50 a month for 240 broadband but for €50 a month I have Sky TV and Broadband, so I stuck with the cancellation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

gmisk wrote: »
    In meantime got an ok offer on broadband so stayed with them for that. (Sky for tv).

Now I get landed with a full 94 euro bill (tv and wifi to cover me til the 7th of december).
    They expect me pay it and get a refund via cheque.........this cant be standard practice?
    I wouldnt rust them to send the money I am owed so not a chance am I paying full amount.
    Email them to give you correct amount owed to cancellation day, save email and let em do the math, otherwise you'll be waiting till next year before they will issue you what they owe, had similar experience their fast to take cash, takes forever to chase to get response not to mention money back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

gmisk wrote: »

Its a SEPA payment- you ring them- and offer them the opportunity to refund it by EFT- if they refuse- you ring your bank and ask them to undo the SEPA transaction. Its the brilliant thing about SEPA......... No more power for utility companies to hold your cash when cancelling contracts.

Its a SEPA payment- you ring them- and offer them the opportunity to refund it by EFT- if they refuse- you ring your bank and ask them to undo the SEPA transaction. Its the brilliant thing about SEPA......... No more power for utility companies to hold your cash when cancelling contracts.
    It isn't a SEPA payment in my case, I don't pay by direct debit anymore as they kept taking incorrect amounts

Just gave cancellation request...some rude b#$%^ called and said we have been offering you half price since 2014 so cannot offer you anything...bye bye...

Apparantly dont have much options(no sky and slow eir)so called them again and managed to get 6 months half price on 240mbps connection..happy enough..

I see Virgin are offering to match Skys offer- inclusive of the free tv- for customers who come back to them- as part of their 'Black Friday' deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Thomas

Got 6 months half price (240 + Full House) after being picked to pieces by the “loyalty” guy. Quite bad tempered interaction really. You’d have to wonder do they actually get enough people to give in and stay on full price that its worth p1ssing off those of us who do the annual call.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Thomas wrote: »
    Got 6 months half price (240 + Full House) after being picked to pieces by the “loyalty” guy. Quite bad tempered interaction really. You’d have to wonder do they actually get enough people to give in and stay on full price that its worth p1ssing off those of us who do the annual call.

If we're doing the annual call it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭dubrov

I see Virgin are offering to match Skys offer- inclusive of the free tv- for customers who come back to them- as part of their 'Black Friday' deal?

I can't see any reference to this on their website.
    I think there is only one Black Friday deal (€60pm for BB and Horizon TV).

Sky have replaced their €50pm TV/Boraband deal with a €65pm and Free TV deal. More or less the same I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They don't do the chat or SMS now, so I emailed asking about a deal or cancelling,. No reply apart from an automated cancellation email, so leaving the service for sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

cant see any free tv deal on VM website?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

4real wrote: »
    cant see any free tv deal on VM website?

Think someone mentioned from 15th Nov.

Has anyone else noticed that the asian reps (from phillipines I guess) last year were better at offering deals than our own irish reps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Has anyone else noticed that the asian reps (from phillipines I guess) last year were better at offering deals than our own irish reps ?

I spoke to an Irish guy after ringing 1908. Within 5min I got the 9 months at 1/2 price. Iv been on some sort of deal for the past 5-6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

yes me too spoke to an irish guy i wont mention his name got 9 months package

but tell me this how long does it take to get email confirmation some people get it straight i rang back they said 24- 48 hours is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭droidman123

I havnt got an email about a price rise,how come some people are getting a price rise and some arnt? I am on 240mb broadband,tv, and phone and my contract is up this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

The TV offer is showing up now, but it's 720p... Think I'll give it a miss.

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    The TV offer is showing up now, but it's 720p... Think I'll give it a miss.

Given the size of the screen- 720p isn't the end of the world. If it were a larger screen- I'd agree with you. Worse case scenario- makes a nice present for someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I never got the call about returning the horizon box. Does it have to be posted or can I drop it off somewhere?

Lads I never got the call about returning the horizon box. Does it have to be posted or can I drop it off somewhere?
    I think they send an email, it can either be picked up or left at parcel motel apparently.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Is it just me, or is their sim only plan, which is free for 4 months (25euro pcm thereafter) still a 30 days rolling contract? I've skimmed through the Ts&Cs and nothing suggests there's a minimum contract length.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is it just me, or is their sim only plan, which is free for 4 months (25euro pcm thereafter) still a 30 days rolling contract? I've skimmed through the Ts&Cs and nothing suggests there's a minimum contract length.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/mobile/sim-only/

Just below the price in the link itself it says 30 day contract.

I had that and left it after couple of months due to poor data speed.

Given the size of the screen- 720p isn't the end of the world. If it were a larger screen- I'd agree with you. Worse case scenario- makes a nice present for someone?

In fairness 60pm for broadband and TV with a free TV worth 200+ is a pretty good deal.

It would be almost impossible to tell the difference between 720p vs 1080p on a 32 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Jacovs

According to their T&C's for the free TV it says Full HD Smart tv. Does 720p count as full HD? Thought that is 1080p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

I have two questions here one i just took out a new offer with them which included broadband phone tv etc am i entitled to a tv now ?

Also my old package was 240MB HORIZON MAX AND ANYTIME WORLD (Active) which i don't think included Irish mobiles because i was charged for 3 calls :mad:
    but the new contract i have now is Virgin Full House 240, does that mean i get Irish mobile call now free?

• Advertisement

torrevieja wrote: »
    I have two questions here one i just took out a new offer with them which included broadband phone tv etc am i entitled to a tv now ?

Also my old package was 240MB HORIZON MAX AND ANYTIME WORLD (Active) which i don't think included Irish mobiles because i was charged for 3 calls :mad:
    but the new contract i have now is Virgin Full House 240, does that mean i get Irish mobile call now free?

It really depends when and what you ordered. It had to be one of the four deals here
    https://www.virginmedia.ie/bundles/broadband-tv-phone/?intcmp=3prf. The home phone details are at the end.

When you added it to your basket, it should have had a freetv item.
    You'll also get a confirmation e-mail with the order details in an attachment. It will mention the free TV there if it was included.

Advertisement