Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Max O'Reilly, Michael Silvester, Andrew Smith and Aaron O'Sullivan in the academy are all back 3 and might get a run. Silvester and O'Sullivan are year 3 so out of the lot would imagine those two are the most likely to make an appearance. O'Reilly and Smith are only year 1 so probably a bit early

Aaron O'Sullivan was playing sevens as recently as the weekend so I don't think he's been involved with Leinster training.

Unsure where is future lies. As you said, he's year 3. He's a big strong lad. Would like to see him at XV. Not sure it will be this season though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Possible Leinster XV:

1. Dooley
    2. Cronin
    3. Bent
    4. Molony
    5. Toner
    6. Murphy
    7. Penny
    8. Ruddock
    9. McGrath
    10. HB
    11. Kelleher
    12. Frawley
    13. ROL
    14. Kearney
    15. JOB

O'Sullivan is young and obviously big for a wing, by leinster standards but he has essentially only been playing 7's only for a good while. Not sure what his future is at leinster.

bayern wrote: »
    Possible Leinster XV:

1. Dooley
    2. Cronin
    3. Bent
    4. Molony
    5. Toner
    6. Murphy
    7. Penny
    8. Ruddock
    9. McGrath
    10. HB
    11. Kelleher
    12. Frawley
    13. ROL
    14. Kearney
    15. JOB

Long time since Ruddock played 8 but looking at our options I'm glad we have an option as good as him to put in there.

I'd love to see Sheehan and Martin Moloney debut off the bench.

I think we will see 11) Kelleher 14) TOB 15) DK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Aaron O'Sullivan was playing sevens as recently as the weekend so I don't think he's been involved with Leinster training.

Unsure where is future lies. As you said, he's year 3. He's a big strong lad. Would like to see him at XV. Not sure it will be this season though

Yeah I have a feeling if he doesn't break through this year he'll probably be another Billy Dardis and just go full time 7s. Although Keenan did similar and spent two seasons with the 7s after his debut so who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

McBryde confirms Leavy has had setbacks:

“He took a full part in training today. So we’re just monitoring how he goes. He’s had a pretty bumpy journey to get back to full fitness.

“Little things have cropped up for Dan, but he’s kept himself in a positive mindset throughout and took a full part in the training session today.”

That doesn't sound hugely promising. It was always going to be exceptionally difficult for him to get back to where he was but, from my reading of the above, the knee hasn't responded as well as they had hoped to a return to training. It seems that they had a target of him being back lining out at this stage of the rehabilitation.

Hopefully he gets back on the pitch during November when opportunities are there and the opposition is understrength too. It will be 19 months since the injury next week; I would imagine he's desperate to get back on the field at this point and prove his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kingofthekong

True but they'll presumably let Lowe back to leinster as he isn't even eligible for Ireland yet (COVID bubbles permitting).

And I'd say they have a few options with lads who could do a job at full back and a few who could do it on the wing. I'd say they'll be fine.

Byrne has been out for a while with that hamstring. Poor guy must have had a bad injury.

Which Byrne is out?

Which Byrne is out?

adam

adam

Thought it was H.byrne for a second and was gutted about the loss of potential gametime over this period

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If true, a great way for Ferg to sign off given that his final Leinster appearance was out of his hands.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1318704743489953796?s=19

• Advertisement

If true, a great way for Ferg to sign off given that his final Leinster appearance was out of his hands.

https://twitter.com/Murray_Kinsella/status/1318704743489953796?s=19

It is yeah he mentioned it on that new version of the House of Rugby podcast with himself Madigan and Eimear Considine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Calum Clark in that BaaBaas team. What the ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

Calum Clark in that BaaBaas team. What the ****.

Because he was once a dirty git?

Because he was once a dirty git?

GBH I think qualifies as slightly more than "once being a dirty git"

This guy shouldn't have been allowed play again

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

GBH I think qualifies as slightly more than "once being a dirty git"

This guy shouldn't have been allowed play again

The arm break he did was horrendous, he had a few other altercations early in his career too. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in that he's changed. It's not like all players who play with the Barbs are angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭PMC83

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00JIiJqv10

Great interview with handsome Rob on OTB- very honest stuff I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭D15er

Dan Leavy on the bench tomorrow!

That has made my ****ing day!!!!

Delighted for Dan.

Great to see him lining up beside Hawkshaw too who has had a similar journey over the last year.

Bloody delighted

15. Jimmy O’Brien (19)
    14. Tommy O’Brien (4)
    13. Liam Turner (0)
    12. Ciarán Frawley (27)
    11. Dave Kearney (149)
    10. Harry Byrne (11)
    9. Luke McGrath (129)
    1. Peter Dooley (76)
    2. Dan Sheehan (0)
    3. Michael Bent (142)
    4. Ross Molony (97)
    5. Devin Toner (249)
    6. Josh Murphy (33)
    7. Scott Penny (14)
    8. Rhys Ruddock (175) CAPTAIN

16. James Tracy (111)
    17. Michael Milne (9)
    18. Ciaran Parker (0)
    19. Jack Dunne (7)
    20. Scott Fardy (62)
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan (20)
    22. David Hawkshaw (0)
    23. Dan Leavy (63)

That's as callow a team as we've played in a long time. Time to see if the kids are alright

• Subscribers Posts: 41,086 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

delighted for Sheehan to get his first start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,776 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Delighted for Leavy. Been a long road back for him. Hopefully this is the start of a good run of games for him.

Excited to see Turner and Sheahan starting. Don't know much about the hooker, but Turner looked great for the U20's a few years ago.

Leavy and Hawkshaw on the bench. Delighted for the two of them.

Clegg wrote: »
    Delighted for Leavy. Been a long road back for him. Hopefully this is the start of a good run of games for him.

Excited to see Turner and Sheahan starting. Don't know much about the hooker, but Turner looked great for the U20's a few years ago.

Sheehan is a wrecking ball. Probably the most dynamic carrier of all of Leinsters options at hooker. Takes a lot to be promoted to senior contract without any senior appearances. Can't tell you too much about his fundamentals though.

Turner quite short but very stocky and strong. Played a lot of sevens last year which hopefully helped his development. Will be good to get a good look at him at senior

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

D15er wrote: »
    Dan Leavy on the bench tomorrow!

Brilliant news! Fingers crossed for him. Genuinely delighted his hard work has paid off. That’s the first major challenge achieved. Whether he’s able to get back to where he was pre-injury is t next challenge.

What a guy.

Love that team.....thats why leinster are one of the best teams in Europe, talent always given an opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Is this on the television?

salmocab wrote: »

eirsport and TG$

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

salmocab wrote: »

Eir Sport & TG4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

PMC83 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j00JIiJqv10

Great interview with handsome Rob on OTB- very honest stuff I thought

That's good, well worth a listen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,086 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

not a bad zebre team.

a few internationals, a few 1st teamers, a lot of italy U20 players, some experienced journeymen and al all irish lock partnership

Buonfiglio
    Manfredi
    Tarus
    Kearney
    Nagle
    Masselli
    Giammarioli
    Tuivaiti
    Casilio
    Pescetto
    Elliott
    Lucchin