Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Tunnel is complete to the mesa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Ooh, I'm going to check it out! (Maybe with a llama or two!)

I think another Nether Luas is in order. I have plenty of iron blocks at the moment, but not sure it will be enough for even half the distance. (I don't know, I haven't built any railways around Lump_Land so far.)

Anyway, there's a zombie spawner at 10185 -68. It's right next to the portal, in a patch of holes in the ground. I deactivated it, but I'll be back to make an XP and loot farm.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have a zombie spawner near the lighthouse, I might investigate how to make a farm out of it. Can you silk touch the spawner blocks to move them?

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have a zombie spawner near the lighthouse, I might investigate how to make a farm out of it. Can you silk touch the spawner blocks to move them?

Apparently not. Does anyone have a spider spawner yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I think another Nether Luas is in order. I have plenty of iron blocks at the moment, but not sure it will be enough for even half the distance. (I don't know, I haven't built any railways around Lump_Land so far.)

Anyway, there's a zombie spawner at 10185 -68. It's right next to the portal, in a patch of holes in the ground. I deactivated it, but I'll be back to make an XP and loot farm.

As for a Nether Luas, since I built it at all the same height (and cause it's so far) what I was gonna do was make an ice-boat path instead. It's much much faster and a bit cheaper really! Hoooopefully will have that done over the weekend
    Shiminay wrote: »

Nope, no way to move spawners
    Apparently not. Does anyone have a spider spawner yet?

I believe Airbiscuit does! I'll have a nosey around for it next time I'm on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I believe Airbiscuit does! I'll have a nosey around for it next time I'm on
    I do. Take the rail from my house marked "Mine / Spiders"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

Could you add fitzeyboy please. been a long time since I played any MC

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    Could you add fitzeyboy please. been a long time since I played any MC

Invited you now!

THe ice-boat path to the mesa in the nether is now complete. It is absolutely insanely fast - use at your own risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭yaledo

Would love to be added - gincognito

yaledo wrote: »
    Would love to be added - gincognito

Just added you now!

We're now at the maximum 20 players invited - if anyone else asks to come on I'll be removing the people who haven't so far accepted the invite to play (KeY1916 and electronige)

Not having any luck logging in at all this evening - anyone else able to?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I tried earlier this morning, no luck

I can't either.

Got online OK this evening but a bit of building I'd done yesterday is gone :( fecking hate losing progress

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's a long time since I checked this forum, and it looks like I've missed a party! If there's space, may I join in? User: DirkGently.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    It's a long time since I checked this forum, and it looks like I've missed a party! If there's space, may I join in? User: DirkGently.

Yes of course, I'll add you next time i'm at the PC

Sorry for how long that took mate - invited now.

Thanks! I wasn't able to check until today anyway. I had a look around, rode the rails for a bit, and I've started a first house in an unoccupied area. I'll be back.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I wasn't able to check until today anyway. I had a look around, rode the rails for a bit, and I've started a first house in an unoccupied area. I'll be back.

Excellent! I'm hoping to play more, I have dropped off a good bit

I did some ocean circumnavigation, found a few points of interest:
    • Jungle: -2770, 7162
    • Mesa: 100, 5100
    • Flower Forest: 3350, 3500
    All accessible by boat from spawn.

I did some ocean circumnavigation, found a few points of interest:
    • Jungle: -2770, 7162
    • Mesa: 100, 5100
    • Flower Forest: 3350, 3500
    All accessible by boat from spawn.

The trains go to a flower forest and swamp as well. I'm not too sure of the coordinates, but the mesa is accessible from the Nether. The portal opens on top of a mountain with a zombie spawner at the bottom. (I bagses it.)

The subscription for the Realm ends in 14 days, I imagine it's not really worth renewing after that. I'm going to download the world but if anyone wants to A) Blow it all up as one last hurrah as a group event or B) Play some minigames, let me know.

497132.png

497133.png

Aw - and I was just getting started. I'm going to do some exploring of all your work before the end,

If people are interested in playing again I'll keep it going

1.15 has just dropped, there are now bees in game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

If people are interested in playing again I'll keep it going

1.15 has just dropped, there are now bees in game
    I think it might be time to let it go. Minecraft interest comes in waves, It surges then ebbs back away until the next wave.

I want bees. <3 And I might actually have time to play from next month.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The problem with these servers is that some people go hard at it for 20+ hours in the first week and some of us don't have time for that and it just feels like it's not that much fun cause someone else has already built all the portals and got the Nether fortress and all that jazz and there's just no real scope to "play" the game when you've got 4 hours a week instead of 20.

I don't know how or even if you can address something like that, it's not like I'd be in favour of telling anyone to slow down or leave it alone as long as there's fun being had and no griefing.

Advertisement