Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkglasses/Pompous 1.9 Server Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Ooooh... the gang is emerging from hibernation! Very interested in the return of a Boardsie realm/server even if its just vanilla :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

jaxxx wrote: »
    DG, what's the story gonna be with regards to AFK farming? Nope? Frowned upon? Other? Just the easiest way to get saddles early on unless you're lucky enough to find a temple/dungeon/etc (AFK fishing farm I mean). Also if someone finds a skelington spawner and they don't want it, I'll be more than happy to take if off your hands!

No idea, we'll play it by ear! As long it's not laggy I'm happy with whatever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

jaxxx - Discord is a mix of IRC and TeamSpeak and it's pretty much the default comms client for games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

No idea, we'll play it by ear! As long it's not laggy I'm happy with whatever

Well if I'm online and I'm not responsive, then I'm DEFINITELY not AFK at my dual skelington XP/bone/arrow farm and AFK fishing :p

AFK XP skelington farming you ask? How can this be done you ask? A wolf :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    jaxxx - Discord is a mix of IRC and TeamSpeak and it's pretty much the default comms client for games now.

Grrr. Me don't care for you young 'uns cwazy media inventions. Me old. Me doth defy said technological yokeys! Me speaks with me fingers and me keyboards!

You know I'm in my 40's and are therefore older than you, right? :P

• Advertisement

Only in body :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ha! Youngsters.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Ah here, who woke you up?

Ah here, who woke you up?

Billy.

:cool:

OMG, we need goats in Minecraft! Screw llamas, who gives a sugar about llamas??

OMG insane idea. Goats = bonemeal farm. Have goat sit on top of composter. Feed goat all manner of items from an automatic dispenser. Goat poops into composter. BONEMEAL!

INSANE IDEA #2! We have Pigmen right? Well.. .. .. GOAT PEOPLE!

I've gone too far now haven't I?

Am I really 30 years old :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

DUCKS!! !! !! WE NEED DUCKS!! !! !!

SOMEBODY STOP ME, I CLEARLY NEED HELP!! !! !! I'VE GONE QUACKERS!! !! !!

I wonder if I might throw out a suggestion that we avoid crapping out the server/map by everyone having shtty min/max machines for doing all the work and everyone having a farm with a thousand chickens and cows and all that and maybe instead just agree that one person farms chickens for the server, one person farms cows, one for sheep, etc? There's nothing as frustrating as being lagged out cause there are a million entities trying to load in a single cluster cause no one is sharing anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

I wonder if I might throw out a suggestion that we avoid crapping out the server/map by everyone having shtty min/max machines for doing all the work and everyone having a farm with a thousand chickens and cows and all that and maybe instead just agree that one person farms chickens for the server, one person farms cows, one for sheep, etc? There's nothing as frustrating as being lagged out cause there are a million entities trying to load in a single cluster cause no one is sharing anything.

I bags the underground sheep and chicken farm MYCELIUM ISLAND!

Wait, what? If we can only farm one thing then I'm farming villagers! If ye want any it's 10 diamonds a head :D

^^ Hands and feet are extra!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sounds like a plan. I'm eliminating anything that makes the game too laggy.

jaxxx wrote: »
    Wait, what? If we can only farm one thing then I'm farming villagers! If ye want any it's 10 diamonds a head :D

^^ Hands and feet are extra!!

As Shim says, we'll be sharing ;)

Usernames I have

PotatoNoob
    Shiminay
    Lumpy_Lumpski
    deconduo
    Rachel_Ann
    Solitaire

Anyone else who wants to join, just let me know your username and I'll send out the invites this coming Saturday.

There'll also be NZBadger joining us, she is newish to Minecraft so please be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

iAirBiscuit
    I've let my own server go by the wayside :o

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Usename: nimrod86

Please and thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 rashersandbean

Username: rashersandbeans

Thanking you!

No probs, invites will be going out first thing Saturday morning.

No probs, invites will be going out first thing Saturday morning.

Eyt8eq.gif

• Advertisement

Typical. I won't be around till Sunday night at the earliest as I'm working at Celtic Throwdown this weekend :D I'll see ye all then I'm sure.

And of course, a huge thank you to you DG for putting the band back together :)

Typical. I won't be around till Sunday night at the earliest as I'm working at Celtic Throwdown this weekend :D I'll see ye all then I'm sure.

And of course, a huge thank you to you DG for putting the band back together :)

No hassle :)

No hassle :)

giphy.gif

So. Rules:

THERE ARE NO RULES!

Ok there are rules. Maybe? Possibly? DG, set forth the rules of DG Realm! DG the boss, ask him. Or her. Dunno if DG Alex or Steve. RULES DG!?

Almost all of us have played together before we'll all know the score.

Obvious rules - No griefing, no thieving, no pranking that the person being pranked would not want. If you don't know them well enough to know where the line is, then don't do it. Any of these things is instant banning, I've zero interest in hearing any arguments.

Any farms or other things that cause the game to lag for everyone will be removed by me.

Golden rule - don't be a dick, and at the risk of sounding like an arsehole, I have the final say.

I like Shiminay's farm idea, we can just make communal farms at spawn to begin with and work it out from there. If you're taking stuff from the communal farms, please reseed or feed the animals etc.

All invites are sent out :)

Weirdly, whatever Windows update I just ran sent my PC for a loop. Couldn't log in for ages and everything like my background and shortcuts are gone. Annoying as ****

Just played an hour near spawn. It's mostly beaches and trees, and I saw no animals. We will need to move out for farming.

Just played an hour near spawn. It's mostly beaches and trees, and I saw no animals. We will need to move out for farming.

Yeah sheep in particular are really really scarce :o

There is a village nearby spawn, if anyone urgently needs to find a bed. Myself and NZBadger have made a bit of a cave base around -200,-100 as well. So far just gathered a few chickens and started growing a few potatoes, carrots and pumpkins. I'll be playing later and will work on making stuff closer to spawn

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Is this Bedrock? I got no invite :o

Yeah sheep in particular are really really scarce :o

There is a village nearby spawn, if anyone urgently needs to find a bed. Myself and NZBadger have made a bit of a cave base around -200,-100 as well. So far just gathered a few chickens and started growing a few potatoes, carrots and pumpkins. I'll be playing later and will work on making stuff closer to spawn

I didn't explore at all. I'm living under one of the ruins on the beach just across from spawn. Got really disappointing loot, but I have a treasure map now...

• Advertisement

Solitaire wrote: »
    Is this Bedrock? I got no invite :o

Nope, Java edition :confused:

Your MC username is Solitaire right?

Advertisement