Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

In any sport, the lesser the grade the easier it is to perform.
    The European Tour is a step down from the PGA do no doubt about it. Understand he has no ET card but he would easily get invites to allow him a chance to win enough prize money to earn proper playing rights.

I just think a spin on the European Tour would do wonders for his game. Its just an opinion, could well be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Another very poor showing. +6 after 2 rounds missing the cut by 7 strokes.
    Pretty close to the bottom of the field in all his tournaments so far.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not looking good, he’s has the luck of the Irish two years in a row and a lot of his money was made on early in the year tournaments when perhaps the bigger names were largely absent, I love a massive turnaround but given his trend as the year progresses his PGA card looks terminal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

I'm afraid that Seamus Power has had a most disappointing front nine of 5 over 40, in today's opening round of the Honda Classic. Really disappointing to see the pride of Waterford struggling. He missed an 18 inch putt for par at the 18th hole (his ninth). He is currently 196th in the Fed Ex Cup standings. However he still has plenty of time to regain some form on the golf course, with the PGA tour regular season coming to an end in mid August.

On a separate note, is Seamus still working with swing instructor Nick Bradley? I don't see any real improvements in Seamus' game since he went to Bradley. In fact you could make a very strong argument that Seamus' ball-striking has gotten worse under Nick, who used to coach Justin Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I'm afraid that Seamus Power has had a most disappointing front nine of 5 over 40, in today's opening round of the Honda Classic. Really disappointing to see the pride of Waterford struggling. He missed an 18 inch putt for par at the 18th hole (his ninth). He is currently 196th in the Fed Ex Cup standings. However he still has plenty of time to regain some form on the golf course, with the PGA tour regular season coming to an end in mid August.

On a separate note, is Seamus still working with swing instructor Nick Bradley? I don't see any real improvements in Seamus' game since he went to Bradley. In fact you could make a very strong argument that Seamus' ball-striking has gotten worse under Nick, who used to coach Justin Rose.

Just watching Nick Bradley for a few minutes on sky would make you think he adds nothing to anyone’s game. I was amazed when I heard Seamus was working with him, touring pros publicly slate him on social media.

Is he even a swing coach or more a life/motivational guy?

I really thought Seamus would push on this year having scrapped through last season and being in control of his schedule. 1 good week could change it all though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

At least he pulled it together for the back 9 and finished +3 for the day, giving him some bit of hope of making the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭rooney30

Remind me wrote: »
    Just watching Nick Bradley for a few minutes on sky would make you think he adds nothing to anyone’s game. I was amazed when I heard Seamus was working with him, touring pros publicly slate him on social media.

Is he even a swing coach or more a life/motivational guy?

I really thought Seamus would push on this year having scrapped through last season and being in control of his schedule. 1 good week could change it all though.

Yip, there’s that perception of Bradley alright , Heard peter Lawrie just stop short of calling him a chancer recently

Not good.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Pity that he didn't do better in the Honda, especially when it was a relatively weak field with a lot of the big boys taking the week off in preperation for the Arnold Palmer followed by The Players Championship.

• Advertisement

coylemj wrote: »
    Pity that he didn't do better in the Honda, especially when it was a relatively weak field with a lot of the big boys taking the week off in preperation for the Arnold Palmer followed by The Players Championship.

Unfortunately the fields are making little difference with the scores he is shooting.

Hope it improves soon.

Glad to see he has split with Nick Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Remind me wrote:
    Glad to see he has split with Nick Bradley

Good to see another tour pro dropping in here for advice on their game

Good to see another tour pro dropping in here for advice on their game

???

I am sure Seamus had good reasons to take him on in the first place but have you ever listened to Bradley talk? Seen what tour pros have to say about him?

What does being a tour pro or not have to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice recovery after a double on the first, would be a big one here to make the cut.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hopefully he can see it through on the last 6 and pick up another birdie or 2

• Advertisement

-5 today up to -3 thru 14

Safely thru after shooting -5 today. Great to see and hopefully he can push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Seamus Power 67 today -3 for tournament, not a bad one to make cut,hopefully has decent weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Finished -3, 67 today, fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Birdie on all 4 of the par 5s yesterday. That was the key to his good scoring last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭abff

Finished -3, 67 today, fair play to him.

You have to admire his fortitude to do that after a poor opening round and a double bogey on his opening hole yesterday. Lots of money and world ranking points at stake, so hopefully he can push on over the weekend.

Hole in 1 for Seamus on the 3rd! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MG28

Hole in 1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Hole in one but still shot one over. Hopefully he has a better day tomorrow. Decent money on offer

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Hole in one but still shot one over. Hopefully he has a better day tomorrow. Decent money on offer

Decent round today, with a strong finish. Probably worth more in money and world ranking terms than in FedEx Cup points, but great to see him have a good week.

Let's hope he can kick on from here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Not a bad week for seamus considering where he was after Thursday. Hopefully the points and confidence picked up will push him on in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

abff wrote: »
    Decent round today, with a strong finish. Probably worth more in money and world ranking terms than in FedEx Cup points, but great to see him have a good week.

Let's hope he can kick on from here.
    Decent paycheck for T35: $60,312.50 approximately. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

what will he get for the hole in one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

what will he get for the hole in one ?

He'll be in the highlight reel forever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Rikand wrote: »
    He'll be in the highlight reel forever!

ok,I thought that it used to be incentivized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

ok,I thought that it used to be incentivized
    Some tournaments give a car for an ace on one hole on the course. I think BMW give one for the BMW Championship. Iirc Augusta give a piece of crystal for them in the Masters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Its up to the sponsor. I think Turkish Airlines give a million air miles for some hole at the Turkish Open.

Vaughan Taylor just held an 8 footer for par on the last to keep the cut at +1. M/C for Seamus on +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Donald Trumped

While a missed cut by one is disappointing, Seamus is playing much better golf from tee to green since he left Nick Bradley. Copperhead is one of the most difficult golf courses they play on the PGA Tour, so the pride of Waterford can take some solace with the way he is hitting the ball.

He along with Paul Dunne will play in next week's Corales Puntacana Club and Resort Championship on the PGA Tour, which is played opposite to the WGC Matchplay in Texas. There's plenty to be optimistic about for the rest of the season for Seamus, despite his poor start to the season.

Solid -4 today. -8 for last 27 holes is much better form.

Good round -3 today, t-10 at the minute. Definite upturn in form, hopefully a good round tomorrow and move up over the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭OEP

As soon as he got rid of Nick Bradley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going backwards rapidly today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,101 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

77 to follow up and 69 and misses the cut, disappointing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

T7, through 16, big 2 holes for Seamie coming up

Finished -9 t4 at mo, big week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,499 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Fair play to him, great week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Super round. Now T3 and leader in the clubhouse. Plenty of points for FedEx and $ for the bank

Great result and badly needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Super round. Now T3 and leader in the clubhouse. Plenty of points for FedEx and $ for the bank
    $231150, nice cheque. Hopefully sign of good things ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Fantastic weekend for Power. He needs more of the same over the next few months to retain his card. I was at the Players Championship at Sawgrass recently & watched Seamus over the 4 days, with him finishing with a good round on Sunday/St. Patrick's Day.

Does his top 10 finish get him a place in next week's event? Or would he already have been eligible because of his final ranking last season?

abff wrote: »
    Does his top 10 finish get him a place in next week's event? Or would he already have been eligible because of his final ranking last season?

Already eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Southern Comfort

Remind me wrote: »
    Already eligible.

Paired with David Hearne for the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.

Padraig Harrington paired with Shane Lowry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Seamus amd David Hearn currently tied 3rd 2 off the lead in NO.

Good few weeks for Seamus. Hopefully they can close out the back 9 well .

• Advertisement
Advertisement