Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside umbrella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,532 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Very true words indeed Leggy .

In for the night now , no more running and racing in and out , shoes off , bliss !

Spot the battle hardened eh? :pac:

Relaxing now myself with a wine, and no alarm in the morning so I'll probably wake at 6!

Any sign of Seph after his first week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Having a glass of red watching QI - busy day and got lots of work finished - making the wine that bit more satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Spot the battle hardened eh? :pac:

Relaxing now myself with a wine, and no alarm in the morning so I'll probably wake at 6!

Any sign of Seph after his first week?

Lol true again , you're on a roll tonight :D

Think Seph popped in earlier I think ?
    Maybe it was a different thread , I dunno , I'm rambling again :o

Duvet must have found a nice outfit , she's not here tonight :p

Tis very quiet alright, I did see Seph earlier, maybe he and Duvet have eloped. I had the hat bought and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Ha yeah snap. You get up for work at 6 bells yeah? It's a killer at weekends isn't it? Up at 6am weekdays myself too and no matter what I try I still wake same time saturdays and sundays.
    Pesky body alarm clock.
    Impossible to shut it off.
    I was out cleaning the gutters at 6.30am last saturday just to give me something to do.
    I've tried all sorts.... Weighted blankets, reading, staying sober, etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

I’m having my Tubridy fix :D

Hope everyone is having a great evening :)

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Ha yeah snap. You get up for work at 6 bells yeah? It's a killer at weekends isn't it? Up at 6am weekdays myself too and no matter what I try I still wake same time saturdays and sundays.
    Pesky body alarm clock.
    Impossible to shut it off.
    I was out cleaning the gutters at 6.30am last saturday just to give me something to do.
    I've tried all sorts.... Weighted blankets, reading, staying sober, etc :D

Ah no, I'm up at 7, lucky me! I drag myself out of bed during the week though, then wake up earlier when I can sleep at the weekends.

I'm convinced my body clock is trolling me.

Ah no, I'm up at 7, lucky me! I drag myself out of bed during the week though, then wake up earlier when I can sleep at the weekends.

I was in the kitchen at five this morning eating toast as I was wide awake :(

• Advertisement

I hear ya. Lot to be said for being young, when you could wake up at 12pm on a saturday and roll over for another nap. :D

Probably showing my age here but as a teenager I used to love saturday mornings, get up just in time for Football Focus on the BBC which I think was around 12pm ish and Saturday began then with a brekkie that was handed to me.
    Ahhh the memories :D

Oh and Grandstand........... The Grandstand music was boss!

I was in the kitchen at five this morning eating toast as I was wide awake :(

Ah man, there's nothing worse than lost sleep time.

It has to be the worst form of cruelty, I always feel so hard done by. When you have to get up then you could sleep half the day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tis very quiet alright, I did see Seph earlier, maybe he and Duvet have eloped. I had the hat bought and everything.

I haven't eloped anywhere yet anyway 😀😝

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I haven't eloped anywhere yet anyway 😀😝

Yet Seph Yet ;)

I haven't eloped anywhere yet anyway 😀ðŸ˜

Are you tired after your first week? Will we get Auto to keep an extra eye on you?

Funny week here, broken bones, broken relationships and broken sleep.

It's no wonder I'm driven to drink ...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you tired after your first week? Will we get Auto to keep an extra eye on you?

Funny week here, broken bones, broken relationships and broken sleep.

It's no wonder I'm driven to drink ...

I'm exhausted, Why don't you keep an eye on me instead , auto is ERM...busy watching her favourite man....tedo 😝

• Advertisement

Ah man, there's nothing worse than lost sleep time.

It has to be the worst form of cruelty, I always feel so hard done by. When you have to get up then you could sleep half the day.

It's crazy isn't it?
    I never catch up on sleep , can't sleep on , and by evening you just feel shattered , and then it's rinse and repeat again , lol , joys of life eh :p

It's crazy isn't it?
    I never catch up on sleep , can't sleep on , and by evening you just feel shattered , and then it's rinse and repeat again , lol , joys of life eh :p

Reading actually does help, to be honest. I know I joked bout it earlier but I found it helped.

Also.... they say TV and laptop detracts from your sleep, but you go to youtube and key in "Boris Johnson Brexit debates" and pick any of the vids at the top of the list and I swear you'll be unconscious within the hour.
    Trust me. They'll be selling Boris vids as sleep aids within the year.

If you wake up after 8 hours kip shouting that the Nays have it, then its a small price to pay.

If you wake up after 8 hours kip shouting that the Nays have it, then its a small price to pay.

That made me laugh imagining it. :pac:

I will warn you that I'm lashing into the wine, just in case you decide to start a career as a stand up comedian.

That made me laugh imagining it. :pac:

I will warn you that I'm lashing into the wine, just in case you decide to start a career as a stand up comedian.

:pac: ha, yeah don't worry I wouldn't be calling any agents anyway.

Although, I still piss myself laughing at my own story from a fortnight ago.
    Yer on the vino and in the mood for a giggle so I'll re-post this coz I honestly broke my arse laughing at the time and ya might not have read it (apologies if ya did) but its a true story
    Here goes:

Brilliant laugh today, my uncle who has a very kind heart but he wouldn't be a genius, so anyway he has adopted this old dog, wonderful thing to do. Fair play.
    Anyway he rings for advice coz I have same breed of dog. And he says she seems awful lethargic. Should I bring her to the vet? So I says well shes probably 10-15 years old so shes probably just quiet due to old age. I said would ya maybe ask the vet about how old she is and then you'll know if its normal.
    So he says grand.
    About 10 minutes later he rings back and he says "nah that didnt work". So I said "what didn't?" And he replies "the vet said he can't tell her age without me bringing her in to see him"

Although, I still piss myself laughing at my own story from a fortnight ago.
    Yer on the vino and in the mood for a giggle so I'll re-post this coz I honestly broke my arse laughing at the time and ya might not have read it (apologies if ya did) but its a true story
    Here goes:

Brilliant laugh today, my uncle who has a very kind heart but he wouldn't be a genius, so anyway he has adopted this old dog, wonderful thing to do. Fair play.
    Anyway he rings for advice coz I have same breed of dog. And he says she seems awful lethargic. Should I bring her to the vet? So I says well shes probably 10-15 years old so shes probably just quiet due to old age. I said would ya maybe ask the vet about how old she is and then you'll know if its normal.
    So he says grand.
    About 10 minutes later he rings back and he says "nah that didnt work". So I said "what didn't?" And he replies "the vet said he can't tell her age without me bringing her in to see him"

:pac:

You could be the next Michael McIntyre. Witty, wry, and ever so slightly exaggerated, observations of mundane events.

I'll have myself set up as an agent before I succumb to sweet, alcohol induced slumber. I really should drink more often, I think it suits me.

• Advertisement

:pac:

You could be the next Michael McIntyre. Witty, wry, and ever so slightly exaggerated, observations of mundane events.

I'll have myself set up as an agent before I succumb to sweet, alcohol induced slumber. I really should drink more often, I think it suits me.

We could be the dream team!!!!!!!

Horse another bottle into ya there and we'll start negotiations! :pac:

We could be the dream team!!!!!!!

Horse another bottle into ya there and we'll start negotiations! :pac:

I want 60% of all profits plus expenses, another bottle or not. The losses are all yours.

I'll lawyer up after I see your first routine. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Here goes:

So he says grand.

Brilliant - I thought the punchline was going to be the Vets age :)

Bedside now I'm loving sleep lately and I'm normally a bit of an insomniac with my best sleep the hour before the alarm - that semi conscious state of loveliness - night all

I want 60% of all profits plus expenses, another bottle or not. The losses are all yours.

I'll lawyer up after I see your first routine. :pac:

I'll take that deal !!

What was the initial down payment again? I missed that bit!

My agent is called Reject! This can't go wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

About to drift off into deep space. Goodnight all :)

My agent is called Reject! This can't go wrong!

And I've a glass leg, there's a routine in that!

No down payment needed, you are responsible for all expenses and losses, I take 60% of any profits. I dont work weekends and work at my own pace.

We should probably keep the day jobs ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside once again, albeit an hour and a half late. On the couch with tea and a scone, but I think I’ll head to bed after this

Couchside posting waffle, I should really go bedside ...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Sitting here with a whiskey, house all asleep apart from myself. Figuring out the gaps of banisters on a stairs I'm building, I've an intermediary Newell post and I don't like the end gaps.
    Apart from that, raging drunk.

• Advertisement

Couchside posting waffle, I should really go bedside ...

Jaysus, that bottle of wine must be massive!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Sitting here with a whiskey, house all asleep apart from myself. Figuring out the gaps of banisters on a stairs I'm building, I've an intermediary Newell post and I don't like the end gaps.
    Apart from that, raging drunk.

Yer building a stairs while drunk?

:D God I love you guys :pac:

Jaysus, that bottle of wine must be massive!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Not as massive as the inevitable hangover, I've had a hectic week and I'm now over tired. I'm also confused about the stairs and newel posts post above yours. I should really have drank more, because I haven't drank much. If I wasn't tired I'd be the voice of reason.

Conclusion: I should drink more. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Gnawing away on a few beers at home, not something I do too often.

Have a team of 3 in work, one on leave and the other at a funeral today meant I was there for 13 hours and woe betide anyone who rang me in the last 4 hours of it. I will have a round of apologies to make on Monday.

So feck, I deserve the booze.

I'm genuinely suprised at how well put together some of my posts in the last couple of hours have been.
    Well, from behind the beer goggles at least.

sdanseo wrote: »
    Gnawing away on a few beers at home, not something I do too often.

I'm genuinely suprised at how well put together some of my posts in the last couple of hours have been.
    Well, from behind the beer goggles at least.

Me too, we can cringe together tomorrow. :pac:

Me too, we can cringe together tomorrow. :pac:

Nah don't do that. I used to cripple myself with that nonsense.
    Just so long as you don't abuse anyone, forget it.
    Yer doing no harm.
    Nature will punish you enough when the headache and lethargy arrive.
    Around 9am ish... but you did nothing wrong.
    A quick gander at the toilet bowl now to make friends and the rest will take care of itself in the morning :pac:

Yer building a stairs while drunk?

:D God I love you guys :pac:

Well you'd hardly do it sober. :pac:

:D PMSL, true!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

I love it. Sober too.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be saying the same as yerselves...
    Going 240, rise 200, 2180 length stringer, blablabadeebaa.

Great sense of achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Just don't fall down the stairs. Did that once. Thankfully not due to drink.
    Don't recommend.

I love it. Sober too.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be saying the same as yerselves...
    Going 240, rise 200, 2180 length stringer, blablabadeebaa.

Great sense of achievement.

I've looked at your figures there Sharp, and well :confused:, yes I concur. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

4Ad wrote: »
    Sitting on the couch looking at athletics with my new 'friend'...a cast on my newly aquired broken hand, a complete nuisance...

Aww crap are you ok?. Hope it's not the wiping hand ;)
    No thank God !!
    The drinking hand in perfect working order !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso time with the mutt on the balcony, considering that he is staying out here, I think that it’s fair to say that it’s autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Looking at my pride and joy sitting contented on her Peppa pig chair watching Biggleton. Nice day ahead planned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Got up early to get my face in order. Bright red lipstick, brows on fleek.
    Good mood Saturday!!!

https://ibb.co/XzBLZpY

It’s very red :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Yes it's true I'm so happy to be stuck with you, 'cause I can see that you're happy to be stuck with me...

Morning all,

It's a grey but fairly bright one 12C

Temp couchsude with coffee, I'm thinking scrambled eggs soon.

Match last night, great crowd, great atmosphere and a defeat in the last minute of injury time..:(

Seven Worlds will Collide

Deskside with coffee, think I'll get a hair cut today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting in the little cafe in my local supermarket having a licous lemon tea and a mini cinnamon swirl. Discovered during the week, almost a year after moving to this area that they do the bestest lemon tea here. It's got those tiny little limes floating about. Probably should call it lime tea but lemons and limes are interchangeable here in Asia.

Just got me bits waxed and need to get some groceries before I head home to pay the cleaner. Saturday bliss...or procrastinating.

Need to start the hideous task of packing up my personal belongings to move out. Lease is up on 16th next month but I go to Ireland on the 2nd so need to start deciding what comes with me, what gets chucked and what gets stored at my mate's.

Also trying to decide do I break up with himself now or wait til am gone. I don't want to be in a long distance relationship and I will be gone from Malaysia a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Poolside.
    Not a pool outside a fancy hotel on an exotic island sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Also trying to decide do I break up with himself now or wait til am gone.
    That's a cruel way of doing it, you are a better person than that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement