Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ffs...wine time lol.

I like your style.:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Such a rare delight to be able to watch the season opening races today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭4Ad

Such a rare delight to be able to watch the season opening races today.

Great finish to motogp race Grem !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Rotten day here. Dark and wet and windy and miserable. Woke up at 5.50 which was really 4.50 cos of the friggin time shift. Managed to get back to sleep this time but it's starting to become a 'thing'. The missing hour has discombulated me, Grumpy and the cats. Today's saving grace is Line of Duty tonight. I think its completely farcical and practically unintelligible at this stage, but like everyone else I'm determined to find out who head honcho 'H' is. Also, I've got a bit of a thing for the lovely Kelly McDonald, so that will put a smile on my pretty face.

Kitchenside waiting for the cottage pie to bake.

It's weird Sardonicat but myself and a few friends are the same at the moment. We're all waking up at 4 or 5am and feeling out of sorts the next day. I was up eating weetabix at 4.30am last night..nightmare.

Making nudja pasta and gonna snuggle up with Jake Gyllenhaal..not literally..hell i wish..with the movie Nocturnal Animals

Porklife wrote: »
    It's weird Sardonicat but myself and a few friends are the same at the moment. We're all waking up at 4 or 5am and feeling out of sorts the next day. I was up eating weetabix at 4.30am last night..nightmare.

Making nudja pasta and gonna snuggle up with Jake Gyllenhaal..not literally..hell i wish..with the movie Nocturnal Animals

One of my all time favourite films. I love Amy Adams and Michael Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Didn't realise Michael Shannon is in it..i also love him and Amy Adams. Looking forward to this:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Porklife wrote: »

You have Jake, I'll have Kelly, then we do a swap, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

What a great day that was. up early for a lovely walk at 7.30, back home for a lovely omlette breakfast, back to bed for a little hour and a half snooze, into to the local village to buy the Sunday papers and back home for a nice Sunday lunch, afternoon of reading and watching tv, then evening of a few beers while we also did two zoom calls with family in the UK, all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, wide awake. Wind still howling outside.
    Working from home all this week coming. Another covid test on Thursday to look forward to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Blasted depressed, kinda lucky I'm not working I guess. Heard the rescue helicopter hovering a little while ago.
    So I'm lucky really, I'm here and safe with my wonderful partner asleep while I sit with a roof over our heads.

• Advertisement

Blasted depressed, kinda lucky I'm not working I guess. Heard the rescue helicopter hovering a little while ago.
    So I'm lucky really, I'm here and safe with my wonderful partner asleep while I sit with a roof over our heads.

Hugs, Grem. Please dont beat yourself up for feeling depressed. It's hard enough to get on top of it without throwing a guilt trip into the mix. You dont need that. Hope things improve for you soon.

Thanks Sardi, good to get that off my chest where I knew someone would hear it if you understand what I mean..
    Hope you and grumpy get a good sleep tonight.

I hope the black dog doesn't stay around too long Grem x

Thanks Diamonds, this too shall pass has we've said to each other before ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My body clock just loves mornings, I have 2 hours to report time, 6 hours flying before getting my lunch, and about 7 on the way back. As it’s Africa, it’s a war torn country, so we have fly around it and enter from the safe side.
    Living the dream :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

((Hugs)) to anyone who needs one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning all :)

((Hugs)) to anyone who needs one :)

I'll take one !
    I've had 4 hours sleep in the last 2 days :D
    Just waiting for the little fella to wake up...rough night as he's not slept here in 8 or 9 months...but he eventually passed out after watching Paddington Bear ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside, working away.

My brain is running on auxiliary generators today, I got almost no sleep last night. Is there a full moon at the moment?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »

Is there a full moon at the moment?

Yes. As evidenced by Grumpy's confused behaviour last night and this morning. The clocks moving forward has a very disruptive effect, too. Much worse than the clocks going back. And this year it corresponds with a New Moon, so discombubulation all around.

Fed up so am off to the Woodies down the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Fed up so am off to the Woodies down the road.

Yer dead right too! The perfect solution to Covid boredom is Woodies. You can buy some wood and a hammer and nails and then go home and hammer the wood to the sitting room wall. Kills a half hour.
    Then tomorrow instead of having nothing to do you know you absolutely MUST solve that nagging issue of the random piece of wood that's nailed to your sitting room wall. So you spend the morning removing it and then off you go to Woodies again to buy some paint and brushes to go back home to repaint the damaged wall. Two more days closer to lockdown ending... Lovely jubbly. :cool:
    Bored again the following day? Back to Woodies and invest in a drill and have some fun. You'll always be busy!!

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Yer dead right too! The perfect solution to Covid boredom is Woodies. You can buy some wood and a hammer and nails and then go home and hammer the wood to the sitting room wall. Kills a half hour.
    Then tomorrow instead of having nothing to do you know you absolutely MUST solve that nagging issue of the random piece of wood that's nailed to your sitting room wall. So you spend the morning removing it and then off you go to Woodies again to buy some paint and brushes to go back home to repaint the damaged wall. Two more days closer to lockdown ending... Lovely jubbly. :cool:
    Bored again the following day? Back to Woodies and invest in a drill and have some fun. You'll always be busy!!

I have to work tomorrow but I would love nothing more than to spend the day hammering nails :D
    I did buy a nice picture to hang upstairs on an existing nail :p

Think I have a bit of the auld black dog meself.

Evening all :) A big hello from the sunny south east :) Beautiful day here so gardening had to be done, window boxes, pots are now ready to be planted and the hedge has been trimmed :D Grass cutting and strimming will be done tomorrow :)

I might need to visit Woodies to buy some plants and maybe some timber :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :) A big hello from the sunny south east :) Beautiful day here so gardening had to be done, window boxes, pots are now ready to be planted and the hedge has been trimmed :D Grass cutting and strimming will be done tomorrow :)

I might need to visit Woodies to buy some plants and maybe some timber :D

Gardening is it Auto?...pics or GTFO ...lol lol

I have to work tomorrow but I would love nothing more than to spend the day hammering nails :D
    I did buy a nice picture to hang upstairs on an existing nail :p

Think I have a bit of the auld black dog meself.

*hugs* Also, happy diy-ing :P

*hugs* Also, happy diy-ing :P

Ah thanks :)

I bought this.

Ooops :D

I like it :)

gifted wrote: »
    Gardening is it Auto?...pics or GTFO ...lol lol

Listen gifted you keep making sausage rolls :D

• Advertisement

Poor o8uld Gifted, the sausage roll machine wha? :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Following Grem's dragons.

Speaking of dragons, could I just borrow a few? I have a target in Berlin that needs to be taken out. Seriously, fuming over here.

Fathom wrote: »
    Following Grem's dragons.

I will get new eggs this week, been slacking off :o

Speaking of dragons, could I just borrow a few? I have a target in Berlin that needs to be taken out. Seriously, fuming over here.

You looking for a hitman/woman ;)

First, Grem takes Manhattsn
    Then you take Berlin

• Advertisement

Only finished watching a cold war fiction thing recently, this exact line was used :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

But, but, but... Grem is out dragon leader.

Only finished watching a cold war fiction thing recently, this exact line was used :eek:

Putting aside the steam that's coming out of my ears for a moment, what did you watch? As someone who spent the first nine years of my life just a nuke's throw away from the Iron Curtain, I have a pretty big interest in all things Cold War related.
    But, but, but... Grem is out dragon leader.

I guess we have her radio call sign now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I decided to paint my front door today . Halfway through I then decided I didn't like it :pac:
    It is now back to what it was before , somewhat!

Thomil - deutschland 83 and 89, going to start a cold war Finnish thing soon

• Advertisement

Putting aside the steam that's coming out of my ears for a moment, what did you watch? As someone who spent the first nine years of my life just a nuke's throw away from the Iron Curtain, I have a pretty big interest in all things Cold War related.
    Does it appear that the US, China, and Russia may reconvene Cold War II? Dwight "Ike" Eisenhower cautioned the citizens of the US about the financial incentives and lobby power of the US Military Industrial Complex for such things. Although these citizens didn't listen to Ike when Ronnie Raygun pushed the USSR (CCCP) during Cold War I. Doubling the US federal deficit. Where are we going? In circles. Dances. :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I decided to paint my front door today . Halfway through I then decided I didn't like it :pac:
    It is now back to what it was before , somewhat!

That's a lot of painting Mam.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mam of 4 wrote:
    I decided to paint my front door today . Halfway through I then decided I didn't like it It is now back to what it was before , somewhat!

Grandeeod wrote:
    That's a lot of painting Mam.

It would have been easier to just buy a new door.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That's a lot of painting Mam.:pac:

Emm , not quite G ,.I got out the paint cloths and a bottle of white spirits to remove the wet paint :D
    Not right I know but hey , it worked and the door actually doesn't look any worse than it did beforehand !
    Fcuk it , not that I'd be too bothered anyway :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Emm , not quite G ,.I got out the paint cloths and a bottle of white spirits to remove the wet paint :D
    Not right I know but hey , it worked and the door actually doesn't look any worse than it did beforehand !
    Fcuk it , not that I'd be too bothered anyway :D

I'm absolutely sh1te at DIY. A few years ago I tried to paint our front door. I thought just slap the paint on, but nope Mrs reminded me to put it on gently, let it dry and then a second coat. My end result had to be sanded and stripped as it looked like soup running down the door.:D

At coffeehouse. Enjoying a brew.

At coffeehouse. Enjoying a brew.

Hey Fathom! Would you ever get yourself to a bar for a real brew and post a pic please.:D

Hey Fathom! Would you ever get yourself to a bar for a real brew and post a pic please.:D
    Promises... promises Grandeeod. :D

I'm absolutely sh1te at DIY. A few years ago I tried to paint our front door. I thought just slap the paint on, but nope Mrs reminded me to put it on gently, let it dry and then a second coat. My end result had to be sanded and stripped as it looked like soup running down the door.:D

Lol :D
    At least you tried anywau!
    I do a lot of it here myself, trial and error over the years , even unblocking pipes , and outside drains :pac:
    I only ask (begrudgenly) for help when it's something I can't physically do myself tbh .

Ahh G, brew = coffee, brewSKI = beer :P Dammit i'd love a pint :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement