Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your job & salary

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭arsebiscuits82

Construction- €70k plus vehicle and fuel provided. BIK is a pain though!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Also remember salary isn't everything. You could have a high salary but very little disposable income if you have kids, high rent etc.

You could be on 35k with no kids, low enough mortgage etc and have far more disposable income.

I'd also prefer a low stress mid level job to a high stress well paid one. That's just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good salary but no security. Argh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Chief Executive Officer of the Department for Evil. I sort of fell into the role after I got moved departments because my old boss was a dick and he sent me down here.

No payment as such but I can feast on all the souls I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Pirate, 2 mil last month, nothing the month before, it comes in waves.

Insurance on the ship has gone up a lot recently so thinking of a career change. Plus its all moved online these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Barman 35k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Barman 35k

you mean 0

as you'd have been unfairly shafted by the state

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Chewing the bread for gummy chickens. Nice to have something I can sink my teeth into.

Civil servant, i dont know what i get paid but theres three posters who will be along to tell me in minute, and also thats its too much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭kerryjack

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Also remember salary isn't everything. You could have a high salary but very little disposable income if you have kids, high rent etc.

You could be on 35k with no kids, low enough mortgage etc and have far more disposable income.

I'd also prefer a low stress mid level job to a high stress well paid one. That's just me though.

Very through myself and herself draw 250 euro each out of our joint account that's for ourselves and our own personal use, so that's what I pay myself every friday might save 50 and the rest I spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

kerryjack wrote: »
    Very through myself and herself draw 250 euro each out of our joint account that's for ourselves and our own personal use, so that's what I pay myself every friday might save 50 and the rest I spend.

why let her near that cash lol

she'd clean out Pennys with that :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

why let her near that cash lol

she'd clean out Pennys with that :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    250 would make her the owner of most of their stock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Session2019!

Pharmaceutical industry here. salary is 115000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Anyone that gets depressed reading this thread just remember, it may as well ask how much do you want fellow boardsies, also with anonymous profiles, to think you earn. Half the replies here will be made up

Really, how can you tell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

42K with around 800 expenses. No where near Dublin. After Diesel see around 550 profit tax free from the expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Wilmol

pioneerpro wrote: »
    Teacher, Nurse, Guard in the first 5 years all fall well short of any salary mentioned here so far so don't wallow in despair too much. The demographic here will also skew towards:

1. Younger
    2. City based
    3. STEM/Tech
    4. Propensity to Boast

That said, salary transparency is absolutely disgraceful in this country and its seen as something shameful to be seen talking about money or investing in anything other than property or Dairy Co-Ops. I would welcome more transparency and knowledge overall about wages, as well as COL increases for Teachers/Nurses in urban areas.

Source: Enterprise IT; earning shamefully more than my utility in the context of society.

So younger people with way less experience are earning more than people who have been in the industry for 20+ years? Where is the facepalm emoji.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

President of Ireland. About 250k or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Lift Engineer.
    80k to 85k depending on overtime.
    company van

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Everytime I see this thread pop up I always wonder if there really is a correlation between amount earned and no life outside of boards.ie

It seems to be the ones who claim they get paid shed loads are also the ones who spend all their life on this website.

Who needs money when you have boards it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Doctor. 2 years from finishing training so my salary is online for all to see.

However I've taken a pay cut to do research so i earn

25k for a part time teaching job
    25k for a research bursary

I do have a third locum job where I cover hospital shifts at short notice. This brings in 40-60k per year depending on how hard I work at it.
    My wife has taken a career break to look after our child so the extra money is very welcome.

the entirety of my base salary goes on expenses e.g. mortgage etc, so the company locum income is for disposable spending

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Doctor. 2 years from finishing training so my salary is online for all to see.

However I've taken a pay cut to do research so i earn

25k for a part time teaching job
    25k for a research bursary

I'm curious, when you say finished training, do you mean training in a speciality?

Which typically takes place in a hospital?

Assuming the HSE is the employer, I'm surprised they let their staff go part-time, given the shortage of doctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Public servant
    Salary: grand.
    Perks: I don't need to buy food because some people's ire sustains me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

42K with around 800 expenses. No where near Dublin. After Diesel see around 550 profit tax free from the expenses.

What's your profit on the expenses after paying for insurance, motor tax, car loans, tyres, servicing, tolls, parking and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

rawn wrote: »
    Clerical Officer - €24k

:(

Even more depressing, I'm sitting on a panel with about 1,000 people ahead of me , awaiting the opportunity to get a start as a clerical officer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭shadyslimshady

What's your profit on the expenses after paying for insurance, motor tax, car loans, tyres, servicing, tolls, parking and more.

Could knock off maybe 50 a month for tyres and servicing.
    Tolls and parking i expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Не о чем беспокоиться

우리였다!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Everytime I see this thread pop up I always wonder if there really is a correlation between amount earned and no life outside of boards.ie

It seems to be the ones who claim they get paid shed loads are also the ones who spend all their life on this website.

Who needs money when you have boards it seems!

Or they are paid well to sit in front of a computer all day and post on boards to pass the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I am a spy. I don't get paid to do it and nobody asked me to do it, I'm just a nosey fecker.

• Advertisement

Full time on OnlyFans. Been at it two years now. Not made any money yet, but they do say new businesses take a few years to get going.

Advertisement