Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How did you score in your last round? - 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Solid but unspectacular round at weekend. 81 strokes, 37 points.

9 pars
    9 bogeys

Was nice to keep doubles off the card, but probably should have scored a few better.

2 3-putts from being overly aggressive with 1st putts (made a conscious decision based on it being non qualifier)

Couple of lip outs & poor scrambling.

46% FIR
    50% GIR
    22% Scrambling
    35 putts

Took 3w out of the bag & replaced it with a 5w. Was a bit of a revelation really, gave me a great extra option off the deck, without sacrificing much distance when hitting it off the tee

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

First full round in my new old club after taking a year out.
    34 points off 15. Scratched 4 holes 2 on front 9 and 2 back.
    Scrambled well but drove very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

First round in 4/5 weeks. started with a bullet straight drive to leave me with a shot at getting on in 2 on the opening par 5. Followed up by hooking my 2nd out of bounds :(

was happy enough how I played for the rest of the round apart from another OB on a par 3. Had some lovely pitches/chips for tap in up and downs.

37points off 10 - Placing everywhere.
    1 Birdie
    10 Pars
    4 bogeys
    1 Double
    2 scratches :(

Casual game since no competition on and only the front 9 open so played it twice.
    74 gross off 15.
    Nett 59.
    1 eagle
    1 birdie
    11 pars
    5 bogeys.
    That's not a typo......
    Need a drink.

Played winter league today 15 holes, 28 points. Having trouble keeping the scratches off the card. Had one scratch and two 1 pointers :(

Find it hard to score in our winter league as i play off 10 and the 3 holes we don’t play are index 3,8 and 10 so can’t afford any mistakes:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

etxp wrote: »
    Played winter league today 15 holes, 28 points. Having trouble keeping the scratches off the card. Had one scratch and two 1 pointers :(

Find it hard to score in our winter league as i play off 10 and the 3 holes we don’t play are index 3,8 and 10 so can’t afford any mistakes:(

That’s decent scoring this time of the year! What course was that?

That’s decent scoring this time of the year! What course was that?

Cheers. It was Mulranny Golf Course in Mayo. Lovely little nine hole course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

41 pts off 18 Yesterday, equalling my personal best but this was at my new club which is harder and longer.

2 birdies
    8 pars
    2 scratches

Included a couple of 3 putts and a 4 putt!

Videoed my swing after last weeks round and twigged something I was doing wrong. Great feeling to be striking the ball well again after going through a bit of a rough patch the last couple of months!

Sadly it was not qualifying as it ended last week! Typical as I would of got some cut CSS does be around 34 pts

I could of really gone low if I was a bit more tuned in but because it wasn't qualifying I didnt really concentrate enough and started terrible! 3 putting the first and scratching the second.

But was buzzing after. :D It got me second place & my playing partner got first 44pts off 10 some shooting. We were egging each other on after the first couple of holes. A great round of golf and the sun shined the whole way through. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

28pts for our first round of winter 12hole comp.
    2 birdies
    7 pars
    2 bogies
    1 scratch (torrential rain before the round and that bunker should have been out of play!)

Short game and putting confidence is on the up :pac:

etxp wrote: »
    Cheers. It was Mulranny Golf Course in Mayo. Lovely little nine hole course :)

Hope to play there Sunday. Playing belmullet Saturday first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Manged to get a win over the weekend and a small cut. Back down to Cat 1, nice way to sign off for the winter.

Hope to play there Sunday. Playing belmullet Saturday first.

Hope you get the weather for both, Belmullet is a fantastic course. Enjoy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Won with 32 points on 14 hole comp yesterday off 18. Was doing only okay until I managed to par 5 of the last 6 holes. My 50-100 yard shots are complete trash at the moment, if I hit full 58 wedge I scoop right under it and halfswing 52/pitching wedge is a lottery. Need to work on this. I really like 14 hole comps, only about 2.5/3hrs and don't get that fading energy towards the end. Pity it's non qualifying.

Yesterday 34 off 15 for 18 holes.
    Today 17 for 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

23 points off 19 today for 9 holes in our winter league (lift, clean & place)
    1 birdie
    2 pars
    6 bogies

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

36 points for 14 holes on Saturday which was a +1 gross.

I was 3 under for the front 9 after hitting all 9 greens in regulation. I never had a run of golf like that before.
    Unfortunately it couldn't last with 4 bogeys in the final 5 holes. Annoyingly 2 of those bogeys were 3-putts but they were tough putts to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭blue note

Just had a strange round!

38 points playing off 15.

3 birdies
    2 pars
    9 bogies
    3 double bogies

I had 37 putts with a 1 putt, 3 up and downs and 5 3 putts.
    I hit 9 of 11 fairways.
    There was a big wind today and the men's tee was on the ladies tee box on the driveable par 4 7th. Which meant I got to hit that green with a 4 iron. That was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

Hi

Played stepaside public course, nine holes, shot 3 over, I'm a high handicapper coming back to the game after a 12yr abcense, I shot 101 playing 18 there two weeks ago! I'm so excited over this (half) round, by far my best ever, I've shot 89 twice I my "career" and sure.. it's an easy course but it's still a triumph for my level of play! I was even one under for a few holes, something I've never even got close to before! Chuffed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

29 points off 19 for 12 holes

For the win!

And I left a few out there. Three 3 putts where the first put was so poor I basically had no chance of a 2 putt.

A duffed chip that ended up further away than i started!!

Now to keep it going over the long winter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

35 Points
    2gxXrYN.png

First game in just shy of 5 weeks which is a huge break for me. Tee's were forward which made it a bit easier, I was pin high in two on the first par5 which is usually only possible in summer for example.

Putting was poor but the greens weren't great either to be fair. Everything else was decent apart from some rusty mistakes like a 4 putt on the first etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,116 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

20 points for 12 holes. Not bad for first game in over 2 months. Few good pars in there, and tbh should have had a rake load more. Can tell it's hard when have to hit a hybrid from 150-160 out

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

28 points for 12 holes. First game in weeks, really enjoyed it. Was level par after 7 holes - 5 pars, a bogey and a birdie (off 18, 21 points) and then had my usual collapse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First game in nearly 3 years iirc. Played Boavista just outside Lagos, Portugal.

An early birdie and a good few pars had me almost getting the bug again. Played decent but the round wasn't without a few thinned shots, hooks and straight rights... was half afraid I would have forgotten how to play but was very happy with driving and putting especially.

It's a cracking game and looking forward to getting back into it in a year or two. Course itself wasn't presented as you would expect, maybe a bit of down time being had during the off peak season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

PARlance wrote: »
    First game in nearly 3 years iirc. Played Boavista just outside Lagos, Portugal.

An early birdie and a good few pars had me almost getting the bug again. Played decent but the round wasn't without a few thinned shots, hooks and straight rights... was half afraid I would have forgotten how to play but was very happy with driving and putting especially.

It's a cracking game and looking forward to getting back into it in a year or two. Course itself wasn't presented as you would expect, maybe a bit of down time being had during the off peak season.

Great to see the post PARLance. Been way too long since I've seen your name on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

PARlance wrote: »
    First game in nearly 3 years

:eek: and I thought I was bad after a 3 week break :o

It seems predominately good rounds and almost good rounds posted here. I'll share a poor one

28 points playing off 14. Didn't feel like I played all that bad, hit a few really good shots, but just didn't score and tender to hit a bad shot on each hole. 4 pars, 6 bogies, 8 doubles. I hit 1 of 11 fairways, down from 9 of 11 on my previous round. And duffed about 4 shots. Don't think that helped either. No scratches though which is probably odd for 28 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

20 points for 15 holes - my game has really fallen to pieces over the last 2 years since I moved courses.

Mental blocks and no confidence and still stuck off 13 when really i'm a 22 handicapper on this course. At the same time of moving courses I got new clubs so i'm not sure what is to blame although I've had some good rounds at other courses. I've had lessons which hasn't helped either. :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

27 points in 12 hole comp off 15(10). I was only +1 after 6 holes but couldn't keep it going sadly.

Very happy considering I have had only one range session since getting feedback from a Trackman session and decided to just try the advice out on the course. I was back to hitting the ball long for the first time in about 8 months when I hit it well but occasional slice is now an occasional massive pull left.

Played balbriggan from the front tees today. 37 points playing off 14.
    1 birdie
    7 pars
    7 bogeys
    2 doubles
    1 triple

Driving was very erratic, irons were as good as they've ever been. Had to reload once from the tee and chip out from trees 7 times. From the 6 drives I could hit a full shot from for my second I had a 2 putt birdie, 4 pars and a three putt bogey. I was inside 10 feet on 3 of the 4 par threes too, the other was a snap hook 9 iron from the tee resulting in a double bogey. No idea where that came from.

+13 gross score and 9 shots dropped from the driver, 2 from three putts and I didn't make a single 1 putt from a heap of chances.

I feel I say this after every good round I have, but it was bloody odd. I never seem to have a good round where I played okay and made a couple of putts. Everytime it's in spite of something.

Oh, and obviously I could have putt the driver away, but I'm a member in corballis where I hit it twice some rounds. I needed the practice on a course. On the range it's pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Played Moate today and had 40pts off 15.

1 birdie
    8 pars inc a run of them from 10 thru 13
    6 bogeys
    3 doubles
    0 triples

Scored on every hole.

Advertisement