Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round? - 2019

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Played 9 holes today and had the best round I’ve ever played!

23 points off 18, +4.

I’ve been playing a little over 4 years and have constantly battled weak cutty, slice shots since I started playing. I’ve been working really hard the last couple of weeks to change my path and keep the club face square at impact. I’m finally seeing results, it’s so encouraging seeing shots shaped from right to left, rather than the other way.

Buzzing after today’s performance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

40 points yesterday in Corbalis. Had 2 points after 4 holes. Was really struggling with my swing then it just clicked. Putter was great pretty much all day long.

Course played well, it was windy for first hour or so then conditions became quite benign. Got 8 pars and 2 birdies in the last 14 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

My last round of the year and as a member before moving was bitter sweet.
    To kick things off on the morning of the comp I found out I got a annual review cut of .5 to bring me to 16.2 and my new lowest handicap which is fantastic, hopefully get it down a few next year.

31 points for 14 holes. Final hole I was 6inches from a hole in one but got my two.

Second place and money from the twos to see me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Last Monday in Carne. 39 off 15. Tees forward and placing. Played the Kilmore 9 after had 13 points playing it for first time.
    Tuesday played Mulranny for first time too with a bad hangover. 31 points which I thought wasn't bad considering the state I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ahnoyouregrand

Last Monday in Carne. 39 off 15. Tees forward and placing. Played the Kilmore 9 after had 13 points playing it for first time.
    Tuesday played Mulranny for first time too with a bad hangover. 31 points which I thought wasn't bad considering the state I was in.

How did you find Mulranny? I played it a few weeks back. Lovely setting but felt it could do with some TLC...

• Advertisement

How did you find Mulranny? I played it a few weeks back. Lovely setting but felt it could do with some TLC...

It's a nice course and as you said needs tlc. Played it much better 2nd time round. Greens are fine and no real rough to speak of. Not a fan of the roped off greens but I understand the sheep would destroy them without. Wouldnt fancy playing Mulranny in interclub. Local knowledge is key

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What were the new 9 greens like in Carne, 39 points some scoring there?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    What were the new 9 greens like in Carne, 39 points some scoring there?

The new 9 were fine for this time of the year.
    The greens were all very slow but that was due to heavy mist in the morning.
    Forward tees on first 18 meant it played quite short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

36 points on New Years Day

Solid start to the year and two scratches that were#very odd. One a broken tee caused a hook, which is so not me

Overall happy enough

Advertisement