Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Not having a go, but it amazes me that people have no problem dropping hundreds of euro on a phone, then ask as to where to buy cheap accessories for even cheaper!

You're having a go! :D

I think 8 quid is overpriced for what it is. Besides I have about 5 pairs of Xiaomi headphones in various coat-pockets that cost me €2.50 each that I use when I throw on a coat to go out to walk the dog. Having to search for the original Oneplus adapter would be an inconvenience I could do without if I can get a few cheap adapters to leave attached to headphones to use to listen to podcasts while out for a wander.

Not having a go but has it occurred to you that other people's lives and requirements are different to yours? :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You can get the Nebula Blue 8GB & 256GB storage OP7 Pro direct from One Plus for €619 using the code 2019BF.

Edit: code works with all the OP7 Pro (not the T). The 6GB & 128GB drops to €599 so better value on the better specced option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭54and56

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You can get the Nebula Blue 8GB & 256GB storage OP7 Pro direct from One Plus for €619 using the code 2019BF.

Edit: code works with all the OP7 Pro (not the T). The 6GB & 128GB drops to €599 so better value on the better specced option.

Just purchased a Grey 7 Pro 8GB/256GB with a Bumper case (+ they threw in a free nylon bumper case) for €650 delivered.

Total Black Friday discount was €173.

BIG Xmas present sorted!!

OnePlus-Order1574347661.png

54and56 wrote: »
    Just purchased a Grey 7 Pro 8GB/256GB with a Bumper case (+ they threw in a free nylon bumper case) for €650 delivered.

Total Black Friday discount was €173.

BIG Xmas present sorted!!

Think I'll get the blue later and finally upgrade from the OP5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok was looking at the one plus 7t pro but the pro version will do me stepping up from a 5

On the delivery if I order today says delivery is 28th does it be usually sooner? Out of the country close to that date and don't want it to go elsewhere

Ok was looking at the one plus 7t pro but the pro version will do me stepping up from a 5

On the delivery if I order today says delivery is 28th does it be usually sooner? Out of the country close to that date and don't want it to go elsewhere

Even the regular service has only taken 2-3 days for me in the past but who knows the Black Friday volumes etc they have to process. I'd say you'll be fine but if concerned why not send to a Parcel Motel which will give you another 48 hours to pick up if you're away and even if you are you can then get someone your trust to go pick it up for you?

Alternatively, just ship it to me, I can be trusted, honest guv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They delivered to me in 2 days. I can't fault them. That was without paying extra for faster delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I ordered on a Monday lunchtime a few weeks ago, and it had arrived by the time I got to work Wednesday Morning. Went for the normal delivery, not express.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Currently have a pocofone

Would the 7 be much of an upgrade?

• Advertisement

Currently have a pocofone

Would the 7 be much of an upgrade?

7, 7T or the Pro versions?

7, 7T or the Pro versions?

Tbh dunno which to go for

Also looking at the mi 9t pro from Xiaomi

FitzShane wrote: »
    I ordered on a Monday lunchtime a few weeks ago, and it had arrived by the time I got to work Wednesday Morning. Went for the normal delivery, not express.

Cheers think with the offer could be longer. Deal is open until the 2nd dec

Its in my cart so may hold off on pressing the payment until next week so hopefully there when I get home as don't want it to go MIA

My dad has the Mi9T Pro. Good phone and was delivered in 3 days from Honorbuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

I am using the Poco and I'm upgrading to the 7t 8gig 256gb.i bought it on AliExpress for €450 delivered.i will have it Tuesday so about 10days delivery.It should be a good upgraded from the Poco hopefully.Ill let you know once I receive it

Pulled the trigger and ordered but original colour I wanted is out of stock.

So maybe not worth waiting if possibility of out of stock before deal ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

^ same here looks like an early christmas present for me.

Oneplus 7 pro coming from OP5T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Anyone here who had their account hacked?

Irish owners of OnePlus smartphones had personal information accessed by unauthorised parties, firm warns https://jrnl.ie/4903179

54and56 wrote: »
    OnePlus-Order1574347661.png

Ordered Thursday, DHL saying it will be delivered Monday.

That's the FOC delivery option, not the express.

When would the express option have been delivered? Today????

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

massy086 wrote: »
    I am using the Poco and I'm upgrading to the 7t 8gig 256gb.i bought it on AliExpress for €450 delivered.i will have it Tuesday so about 10days delivery.It should be a good upgraded from the Poco hopefully.Ill let you know once I receive it

I'm thinking of buying one of these myself but never thought of looking on Aliexpress. I've never used the site before, there seem to be lots of different sellers. How do you choose who to buy from and is there an issue with customs charges?

Lads between a 7 pro and a mi 9t pro

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying one of these myself but never thought of looking on Aliexpress. I've never used the site before, there seem to be lots of different sellers. How do you choose who to buy from and is there an issue with customs charges?
    I used Hong Kong goldway.they ship ups to London and then DHL to ireland.they guarantee no customs charges by going to the UK first.

Anyone who is selling a OnePlus 7 pro message me 😁

Anyone who is selling a OnePlus 7 pro message me ðŸ˜

You knows they are being discounted by OnePlus for Black Friday? I have a 6gb/256gb 7 Pro plus two cases on the way for €650.

The code to use is 2019BF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any recommendations on either 7T or the 7Pro. Not a huge fan of curved screens so leaning towards to 7T

Any recommendations on either 7T or the 7Pro. Not a huge fan of curved screens so leaning towards to 7T

I had the same concern upgrading from an OP5 but went with the 7T Pro and have had no issues with the curved screen at all. I use a OnePlus case and that provides enough grip such that my fingers don't inadvertently tough the curved sides of the screen.

Checked again and the free case is out of stock

5star02707 wrote: »
    Checked again and the free case is out of stock

Yea I went to order the blue and it was OOS and no free case has made me holding off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

How did this work out for you, did it arrive when expected?
    Goldway currently showing 30-38 days delivery; was it like that when you ordered?
    Any customs or VAT on importation?

Hi

Got the One Plus 7 pro and bumper case and headphone jack

Just set it up and updated everything but still using my oneplus5 for the moment until I get more time to change everything

I usually load Custom Roms but want to keep the One plus updates on this phone but want to get rid of some of the preinstalled Google and one plus Apps
    Also want to install Twrp, magisk and Ad Away but not install custom Rom as want to receive the updates

Anyone used the below tool?

https://toolaio.tk/

So if I do unlock the bootloader is it easy to root

Or is it better to give it a while before Custom Roms come along

Cheers

free case is now back on but only 2 devices available

black 8gb and nebula blue 12gb rams

Yea had spotted that. Better selection of cases as well.

• Advertisement

Yea I went to order the blue and it was OOS and no free case has made me holding off.

Hi

Got the One Plus 7 pro and bumper case and headphone jack

Just set it up and updated everything but still using my oneplus5 for the moment until I get more time to change everything

I usually load Custom Roms but want to keep the One plus updates on this phone but want to get rid of some of the preinstalled Google and one plus Apps
    Also want to install Twrp, magisk and Ad Away but not install custom Rom as want to receive the updates

Anyone used the below tool?

https://toolaio.tk/

So if I do unlock the bootloader is it easy to root

Or is it better to give it a while before Custom Roms come along

Cheers

received my phone yesterday, i use this tool since OnePlus 3 and again last night to unlock my bootloader

All good i don't see any problem with it. just make sure you have downloaded all the correct roms (21BA for Europe) and TWRP for this device.

wrote:

received my phone yesterday, i use this tool since OnePlus 3 and again last night to unlock my bootloader

All good i don't see any problem with it. just make sure you have downloaded all the correct roms (21BA for Europe) and TWRP for this device.

Cheers

So just connected the phone to pc and press the button is it as simple as that?

Any dummies guide as used something similar on one plus one ages ago.

Want to remove crap, install twrp and magisk.

However if I do this then I will have to manually install updates from one plus, correct?

johnb25 wrote: »
    How did this work out for you, did it arrive when expected?
    Goldway currently showing 30-38 days delivery; was it like that when you ordered?
    Any customs or VAT on importation?
    Ye worked out great.the phone took 15 days to be delivered.they send it via UPS to London first and then from London to Dublin via DHL.that is how the get around customs.get the 256gb version as the oxegen os takes up 29gb of storage

Cheers

So just connected the phone to pc and press the button is it as simple as that?

Any dummies guide as used something similar on one plus one ages ago.

Want to remove crap, install twrp and magisk.

However if I do this then I will have to manually install updates from one plus, correct?

1. activate developer options first (tap build number x amount of times)
    2. allow usb debugging (inside developer options) and install oneplus drivers
    3. reboot to boot loader using the all in one tool
    4. click unlock boot loader in the all in one tool

this video is the manual way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69VE4aBQnO4

What's the benefit of doing this and does it maintain NFC integrity for Google Pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭djd80

The OnePlus 7T seems to be available new on Ebay for quite a bit cheaper than directly on the OnePlus site - is anyone aware of a particular disadvantage buying it through Ebay and shipped from an EU store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Bought 2 op7s, 8GB, 256GB versions from eglobal yesterday morning, 375e each including shipping, just got the shipping notification. Amazing value at the mo.

djd80 wrote: »
    The OnePlus 7T seems to be available new on Ebay for quite a bit cheaper than directly on the OnePlus site - is anyone aware of a particular disadvantage buying it through Ebay and shipped from an EU store?
    It's is probably the Chinese model.have you a link to the eBay add

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

It's is probably the Chinese model.have you a link to the eBay add

Not ebay but I bought it from Honorbuy, ordered late on a Monday and arrived Thursday morning. Working perfect and its the 256gb version, I was gonna buy on ebay but needed the phone quickly.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1766-oneplus-7t-8gb-256gb-global-rom-blue.html

Oh and MOBHR will bring it down to 510 delivered

xtal191 wrote:
    Oh and MOBHR will bring it down to 510 delivered

It's 502e delivered now. Great deal, thanks

tedpan wrote: »
    I bought mine for 450 delivered from AliExpress with no customs charge

Also it is €509 on honorbuy with the discount. you have to choose Ireland for delivery and that is €23 not €16

massy086 wrote:
    I bought mine for 450 delivered from AliExpress with no customs charge

Do you have a link, that's a great price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just so you are aware ted.
    There is no guarantee that you won't be hit by customs.
    It's luck of the draw.
    If you are it will be over €100.
    Forewarned is forearmed!

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Just so you are aware ted.
    There is no guarantee that you won't be hit by customs.
    It's luck of the draw.
    If you are it will be over €100.
    Forewarned is forearmed!
    the seller i used guarantee,s no custom fee,s. The phone is sent to UK via UPS them dhl .London to dublin.so no Irish custom,s owed

€ 413,89 15%OFF | Global ROM OnePlus 7T 7 T 8GB RAM 256GB ROM Mobile Phone Snapdragon 855 Plus Octa Core 6.55“ Screen 48MP Triple Camera 3800mAh
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3arR0akY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Are they even legit? Id be very wary buying something like this off those sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I bought the one plus 7T 128gb last night in the black Friday sales here in the UAE. €395 plus free delivery.
    Looking forward to it arriving today.

Mars Bar wrote:
    I bought the one plus 7T 128gb last night in the black Friday sales here in the UAE. €395 plus free delivery. Looking forward to it arriving today.

Did you get it? Happy?

• Advertisement
Advertisement