Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 :Round 2 Imola

Options
  • 15-04-2021 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

image.png

Round 2 Things to note , the race times have changed Due to the passing of some prince or other .

one DRS zone and it has been lengthened from last year

Friday 16th April 2021

Free Practice 1: 10:00am-11:00am BST (11:00am-12:00pm local)
    Free Practice 2: 1:30pm-2:30pm BST (2:30pm-3:30pm local)

Saturday 17th April 2021

Free Practice 3: 10:00am-11:00am BST (11:00am-12:00pm local)
    Qualifying: 1:00pm-2:00pm BST (2:00pm-3:00pm local)

Sunday 18th April 2021

Race: 2:00pm BST (3:00pm local)

That felt like a really long 3 week gap .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So there will be lots of new data on screen at this weekends race by AWS

In the meantime, AWS and F1 will be trying to keep viewers engaged with more on-screen insights, such as how hard a driver is pushing their car, relative to its potential, as well as braking performance – showing how close to the apex of a corner a driver is slamming on the anchors. These new ‘Insights’ as AWS calls them, will be on screen for the first time at this weekend’s Emillia Romagna Grand Prix at Imola.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/m...oser-racing-f1

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I think the race is postponed until 14:45 BST as not to clash with Philips funeral

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Edz87 wrote: »
    I think the race is postponed until 14:45 BST as not to clash with Philips funeral

Friday practice sessions now at 10.00 BST and 13.30 BST.
    On Saturday final practice now at 10.00 BST and qualifying at 13.00 BST.
    No change to the race start time on Sunday, still 14.00 BST.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Interesting to see if Merc have been able to get on top of their car given they luckily had 3 full weeks after Bahrain! That said all the testing and racing to date was done at Bahrain, Imola could be a totally different ballgame, answers to come tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Really enjoyed the Vettel and Lewis press conference.

Would love to see Aston Martin have a good week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Finally. That three week gap felt like another off season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

It was raining today. Interesting. Could be wet in Sunday looking at the weather forecast.

Here's a warm up video if you're interested...

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭This is it

Mazepin spins after 5 minutes of practice. Maybe I'm wrong but looked like he's damaged the front left, wheel doesn't look to be rotating right. In the pits now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

This is it wrote: »
    Mazepin spins after 5 minutes of practice. Maybe I'm wrong but looked like he's damaged the front left, wheel doesn't look to be rotating right. In the pits now

Does he know that ya cant go shoe down with the accelerator?

Does he know that ya cant go shoe down with the accelerator?

Nearly hit the pit wall too apparently but I missed that... He won't be happy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

First Friday in ages I have to be in work , so missing this FP1 session /sigh (cannot really have Sky go running at my desk)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,445 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Riccardo confirmed looks like a wet race. Apparently very cold there aswell so could have very different sessions over the weekend.

Perez and Ocon coming together it seems, waiting on a replay

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

More Mazespin!

Mazepin smacks the wall, catches the gravel on the second to last corner. He's having a disastrous start to his F1 career

Ha, Mazespin. Too funny...he'll never shake that name off.

This is it wrote: »
    Perez and Ocon coming together it seems, waiting on a replay

I didn't get to see any - did they show one. It's not clear what happened. Horner said Ocon was on a slow lap while Checo was on a flying lap. I would put it down to the slower car not playing ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

I didn't get to see any - did they show one. It's not clear what happened. Horner said Ocon was on a slow lap while Checo was on a flying lap. I would put it down to the slower car not playing ball.

From the F1 text feed , Perez tire went and he spun in to Ocon . They have noted a feed issue with footage around the track so commentators had not see it . No idea if that's what happened

Lot's of technical issues so no replay that I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Feels like every second race last year was supposed to be a wet race only for it to rarely materialise.

Fingers crossed for this weekend but I won't get my hopes up just yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jv2000

BrentMused wrote: »
    Feels like every second race last year was supposed to be a wet race only for it to rarely materialise.

Fingers crossed for this weekend but I won't get my hopes up just yet :D

Now that there appears to be some competition at the front it will probably end up being wet and we will be robbed of a proper RB vs Mercedes battle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jv2000

Caught some of the F1 show on Sky. The interview with Ralf Schumacher was very uncomfortable, seems like himself and Hill still don't get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,251 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mazespin is at Yuji Ide levels.

Usually Merc get more out of turning things up for Qually than Red Bull do, so the fact they are competitive in FP1 and FP2 likely bodes well for them in qualifying, we shall see. Best FP1 times to date, session over, just over 5 mins to FP2:

zJh6KDo.png

Dead Engine for Max in FP2? Anyone watching able to give us the low down on Max's Red Bull woes?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/1383038032635387907
    With Max Verstappen heading back to the garage, suddenly the whole nature of this weekend has very much flipped in Mercedes' favour.

The reigning world champions also have a one-two and it is a big, big gap.

Bottas 1:15.551, then comes Hamilton 0.121 seconds behind and then it's a full second gap to Carlos Sainz, 1.172 seconds slower than Bottas.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/55648452

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Possibly a software issue - car back in the garage now so hopefully he can get back out before the session ends

FP2 Standings, session ended by Leclerc crash:

iEeY0qZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Merc 1 and 2 in both sessions. Mmmmmmm

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Merc 1 and 2 in both sessions. Mmmmmmm

Look ominous, but then Max didn't really get much of a run in FP2.

• Advertisement

'The kerbs are pretty aggressive here'

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner talks to Sky Sports F1 about Max Verstappen's problem that ended his session early: "It looks like the drive shaft has given away. We're just trying to understand what has happened.

"We will be inspecting all the other parts as well. The kerbs are pretty aggressive here so we just need to understand what has happened."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/formula1/55648452

Advertisement