Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

547158.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I made the mistake of looking at ads on Facebook.

Between txtspk and semi literacy and missing such things as year, mileage and owners/service history I crung when I read "needs nothing" or "won't be faulted" ��

I really hope facebook isn't the future for selling, I deleted my account a few years ago. Seems to be popular for bicycles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Cienciano wrote: »
    I really hope facebook isn't the future for selling, I deleted my account a few years ago. Seems to be popular for bicycles too.

If it is I won't be buying or selling much of anything!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Crung? What was I drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I made the mistake of looking at ads on Facebook.

Between txtspk and semi literacy and missing such things as year, mileage and owners/service history I crung when I read "needs nothing" or "won't be faulted" ��
    Crung? What was I drinking?

0evnpgpl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

Price is 8,200 ono

Alfaguy wrote: »
    Price is 8,200 ono

That meme wasnt aimed at you by the way, was just sharing it.

Any bites yet? I'd say as lockdown starts to ease and now the season is back you'll sell it before the summer. I find it very easy to sell a car or bike if its up for the right price but last year I sold 2 cars and it was tough going, despite the current prices on the bike market, my mate practically gave away a K6 SV last month because he'd already bought his new bike and they're usually an easy sell. Unless you're in a hurry to sell it be patient and you'll find a buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Alfaguy

Yeah - if it comes to it I can still get the new Monster and still hold on to this one until it sells. Selling this bike is like selling one of my dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Calling CJ Haughey
    Considering the price of bikes these days a fella could do a lot worse than this.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-tdm/27571597

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

blade1 wrote: »
    Calling CJ Haughey
    Considering the price of bikes these days a fella could do a lot worse than this.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/yamaha-tdm/27571597

Dad took either one of these or the 850 across South America, he really liked them at the time.
    But he's moved onto a lighter bike now for when going on solo trips

• Advertisement

goblin59 wrote: »
    Dad took either one of these or the 850 across South America, he really liked them at the time.
    But he's moved onto a lighter bike now for when going on solo trips

Yeah nice bike to ride.
    When I sold my one,the lad that bought it,his brother rode it home for him.
    I rang him that evening to see did they get home ok and he told when they got back his brother asked him would he sell it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Right ! What were the odds on me keeping the KTM past 6 months ?

D3V!L wrote: »
    Right ! What were the odds on me keeping the KTM past 6 months ?

Not great to be honest.
    If you do you're just doing it for spite! :D

Not great to be honest.
    If you do you're just doing it for spite! :D

AHH f*CK. Was hoping to get in on the pot.

Clutch lever burst a seal on the way home today and spewed oil all over me and the bike. They came and collected it and I asked them to give me a refund. No arguments.

Clutch lever burst a seal on the way home today and spewed oil all over me and the bike. They came and collected it and I asked them to give me a refund. No arguments.

Ah man,never a a dull moment, you should have kept your ZzR :(

Ah man,never a a dull moment, you should have kept your ZzR :(

Tell me about it. That clutch went on the way home from handing back a Merc that we had for 12 hours before the engine went. So all in all a crap day ! Oh and it's my birthday.

Tell me about it. That clutch went on the way home from handing back a Merc that we had for 12 hours before the engine went. So all in all a crap day ! Oh and it's my birthday.
    Happy birthday.... if that's possible :o

Thats a bad run of luck alright, shouldn't have sold your soul to you know who :)
    Is the Adventure still going after they replaced the engine (thnk it was the engine?) Or has that gone by the wayside?

Thats a bad run of luck alright, shouldn't have sold your soul to you know who :)
    Is the Adventure still going after they replaced the engine (thnk it was the engine?) Or has that gone by the wayside?

Nope, the GSA is still going strong. Took it out of hibernation yesterday and had a blast on it. After 4 months of it resting on an Abba stand it was like having a new bike all over again. Getting back on a bike after that long is a great feeling :)

Thats great, was half thinking of upgrading my one to a much later later model, love them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Lovely bike, looks in decent nick for the year too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/cbr-1000f-1990/27586412

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Clutch on the KTM? :(

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Clutch on the KTM? :(

Yep, the master cylinder went about 2 months ago, and now the clutch lever.

Turns out the previous owner put brake fluid in the clutch instead of mineral oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

Yep, the master cylinder went about 2 months ago, and now the clutch lever.

Turns out the previous owner put brake fluid in the clutch instead of mineral oil.

does the clutch lever and clutch bowl share the same oil?

I've no experience with Hydraulic clutches, I've seen kits for the F650 and DR650 but they take dot4 and just plug and play where the cable connects to on the clutch bowl (completely un-needed unless you put super heavy clutch springs into the bike).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Which of course would be fine on ANY other make, and even some KTMs, but no, this one requires Motorex Swiss Baby Tears... and what is wrong with a cable anyway :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Ah ye, the previous owners of all my bikes did mad things I'd never taker responsibility for either. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭dmigsy

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-hayabusa-1300r-custom/27607382

"Cared for like a child"

YOU'VE TATTOOED LIGHTENING BOLTS ON THE CHILD'S FACE!

dmigsy wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-hayabusa-1300r-custom/27607382

"Cared for like a child"

That's what happens when your trickle charger charges at 15v or over :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TheQ_Man

dmigsy wrote: »

"Cared for like a child"

That bike was bought from Andrew Hourigan inside the last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

"Not In A Rush To Sell" :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement