Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Irish Gigs (Rumoured & Confirmed events)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Rfrip wrote: »
    A few months ago I would have said no way, so grim

Now I’d give my right arm for it

It still looks grim but it it's option between that and nothing would have to do alright!

Lisa Hannigan playing 2 outdoor gigs on 29th August in Killenny at end of the month. https://www.facebook.com/1601677576773746/posts/2645370965737730/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah God. I applaud the effort but I don't think I could be doing with that. The music is just background noise, is it not?

Looks like most of them are just interested in having a beer and a chat.

so just like a normal gig then

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have the Whelans gigs been mentioned? Paddy Casey, Lisa Hannigan and lots of others. I happened to check the site the other day and presumed it would have been posted up so never checked.

http://www.whelanslive.com/index.php/page/3/

Tables of 4 left
    https://www.flowte.me/storefront/?v=738

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

I'm missing gigs myself and I admire the inventiveness but being caged up like that - kindly phuck off try again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dasdog wrote: »
    I'm missing gigs myself and I admire the inventiveness but being caged up like that - kindly phuck off try again next year.

Think refunds need to happen if a 2021 show gets rescheduled once again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Think refunds need to happen if a 2021 show gets rescheduled once again

Myself and the missus bought 250e ticketmaster giftcards on black friday. 20% off, figured it was worth it but expiry date is this november and they keep giving me refunds back to the card, then I buy tickets for other shows next year. gonna be fun when they get cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,160 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

sweetie wrote: »
    Myself and the missus bought 250e ticketmaster giftcards on black friday. 20% off, figured it was worth it but expiry date is this november and they keep giving me refunds back to the card, then I buy tickets for other shows next year. gonna be fun when they get cancelled!

Dont gift cards have 5year expiry by EU law?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mushy wrote: »
    Dont gift cards have 5year expiry by EU law?

Only those bought post first week of December 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Buy new gift cards with your old gift cards? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Stillill42

The gift that keeps on giving.

Good piece here on putting on gigs at the moment. Might have read it wrong but looks like people wanting to drink at gigs will have to order food. Thought there might be an exemption for gigs but guess not. Dunno how that will work in an intimate setting tbh.

https://www.thejournal.ie/live-gigs-return-social-distance-music-venues-reopen-5175874-Aug2020/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Good piece here on putting on gigs at the moment. Might have read it wrong but looks like people wanting to drink at gigs will have to order food. Thought there might be an exemption for gigs but guess not. Dunno how that will work in an intimate setting tbh.

https://www.thejournal.ie/live-gigs-return-social-distance-music-venues-reopen-5175874-Aug2020/?utm_source=shortlink

I was at a live gig last Friday, it was restricted to 40 attendees, and i’d guess about another 5 staff and 5 in the band. You had to book a table of between 2 & 5,In advance, and contact names and phone numbers of those attending were required in advance, and you got a light bulb thingy, when you wanted a drink, you turned it on, and someone came down to take your drinks order. Very well spaced out, and a quick briefing before we took our seats. Had a few drinks, and was in there for about 2 hours max. Paid at the end.

There is no requirement for food for a ticketed event, i think thats maybe A Rosin Dubh issue, as its also a pub, and not exclusively open for gigs only.

Very few venues are going to open up for 40 ish people in attendance. It might suit solo acts maybe. The current 50 person indoor limit at live events, includes the staff and band etc, allthough it is odd that there are so many restaurants and cafes currently operating, which have a lot more than 50 in the same indoor space, and way more staff interactions with serving courses of food, clearing away, having drinks delivered etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone who thinks the individual platforms at gigs is a good idea is a middle class music hater

Anyone who thinks the individual platforms at gigs is a good idea is a middle class music hater

If it's that or nothing and pays artists, sound engineers, security etc what's the alternative? And I think it looks grim tbf but not like there's many other shows in town

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭amerie2010

Buy new gift cards with your old gift cards? :pac:

Can this be done?

fafy wrote: »
    I was at a live gig last Friday, it was restricted to 40 attendees, and i’d guess about another 5 staff and 5 in the band. You had to book a table of between 2 & 5,In advance, and contact names and phone numbers of those attending were required in advance, and you got a light bulb thingy, when you wanted a drink, you turned it on, and someone came down to take your drinks order. Very well spaced out, and a quick briefing before we took our seats. Had a few drinks, and was in there for about 2 hours max. Paid at the end.

There is no requirement for food for a ticketed event, i think thats maybe A Rosin Dubh issue, as its also a pub, and not exclusively open for gigs only.

Very few venues are going to open up for 40 ish people in attendance. It might suit solo acts maybe. The current 50 person indoor limit at live events, includes the staff and band etc, allthough it is odd that there are so many restaurants and cafes currently operating, which have a lot more than 50 in the same indoor space, and way more staff interactions with serving courses of food, clearing away, having drinks delivered etc,

Roisin Dubh in Galway, recently announced, some Paul Noonan solo gigs, but attendees must buy a meal while attending

Roisin Dubh in Galway, recently announced, some Paul Noonan solo gigs, but attendees must buy a meal while attending

Noonan now slated for 6 gigs in Roisin Dubh, 2 gigs per night, for 3 nights. €40 each including a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Noonan now slated for 6 gigs in Roisin Dubh, 2 gigs per night, for 3 nights. €40 each including a meal.

that is ridiculous

why not have no meal....it's not like people are going to be walking in off the street all night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,390 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

that is ridiculous

why not have no meal....it's not like people are going to be walking in off the street all night

Venue has to make money. They'd surely run at a loss without charging for food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If there is no meal there is no drinking, and I imagine they make a lot of profit selling alcohol, so would have to increase prices a lot to cover the "loss".

Unless they somehow differentiated between those who bought a meal. The longstanding law in restaurants has been you can only buy food if eating a substantial meal of €9, but you could go and spend less of course.

But for planning purposes it is easier to know that everybody will have paid for a meal and know how many to prepare.

rubadub wrote: »
    If there is no meal there is no drinking, and I imagine they make a lot of profit selling alcohol, so would have to increase prices a lot to cover the "loss".

Unless they somehow differentiated between those who bought a meal. The longstanding law in restaurants has been you can only buy food if eating a substantial meal of €9, but you could go and spend less of course.

But for planning purposes it is easier to know that everybody will have paid for a meal and know how many to prepare.

Notwithstanding latest government changes,
    Roisin Dubh also operates as a pub, and not just exclusively as a live event, like say the Kino in Cork, where no meal is required.

Looks like Paul Noonans solo tour, will be the surprise biggest tour in Ireland this Autumn,

2 in Dolans, (So far, more likely)
    6 in Roisin Dubh,
    4 in Kino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Not really sure where to put this..
    https://www.teenagecancertrust.org/about-us/our-story/music/unseen#lineup

The Teenage Cancer Trust (UK) launched a YouTube channel with exclusive and engaging music content to raise vital funds to help young people facing cancer across the UK.

Archival broadcasts with never-before-seen material from live performances at the Royal Albert Hall, will begin on October 8th with a presentation of Ed Sheeran, on the 9th with Muse, on the 11th with Sir Paul McCartney, Pulp will be on the 14th, while we can enjoy Noel Gallagher on October 15th.
    Likewise, The Who and The Cure will offer their presentations on October 17th and 18th, respectively.
    The content will be free to fans, but artists and the charity urge fans to donate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Over 10k people at New Zealand's first concert since being COVID free.

i1pm1es37ft51.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Over 10k people at New Zealand's first concert since being COVID free.

i1pm1es37ft51.jpg

After all this I dont think ill ever give up the chance of going to a gig ever again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,900 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

After all this I dont think ill ever give up the chance of going to a gig ever again :pac:

Yeah the same

Raging I didn't go too more

Saw Elton John has announced shows in Australia/New Zealand for 2023, that's right 2023

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Saw Elton John has announced shows in Australia/New Zealand for 2023, that's right 2023

Thats farcical.
    It really should not be allowed sell tickets that far in advance.

Advertisement