Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon slow delivery?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ordered a Garmin fitness tracker on Tuesday morning (9:30), two days later not dispatched. Was hoping to have it by Friday if I was lucky but no. Opted for free shipping to save £6 but regretting that now, but at £100 I didn't think free shipping meant being dispatched whenever they feel like it. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Ordered a Garmin fitness tracker on Tuesday morning (9:30), two days later not dispatched. Was hoping to have it by Friday if I was lucky but no. Opted for free shipping to save £6 but regretting that now, but at £100 I didn't think free shipping meant being dispatched whenever they feel like it. Sold and fulfilled by Amazon.
    Free or paid it will be slow anyway. At least that was my experience whenever I ordered items. Especially if said item was coming from mainland Europe.

I've since gotten prime and its definitely improved (but I have to make sure the delivery date is shown on the product page).. With most items I order these days I get it within 2 days of purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anyone still noticing it takes like 5 days to be dispatched? Has been like this for my last 5-10 orders

Mod; moved to this thread. No point in re-opening 4 year old threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

So I cancelled my order as it wasn't dispatched after two days, there was expected date or priority shipping when ordered. I had the same issue with a phone I ordered in May. Just said preparing for dispatch and nothing else. It wasn't until o cancelled the order that it showed "back order, due XX" on the product page, then the seller jacked up the price immediately after.

Ordered a new Garmin at a slightly higher price, this time with priority shipping. Due to arrive Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Big Dec

Hi,

I have Prime and notice no benefit whatsoever recently
    Ordered some stuff last night & estimated delivery date was October 4th. Changed to parcel motel and it is out for delivery today.
    Even selecting the free delivery option gave a date range from 4th - 10th October
    What gives??
    2-day priory delivery is plastered all over their site
    I always try to buy direct from Amazon or a least fulfilled by Amazon.
    My next step is to contact them directly.

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ordered a TV about 5 days ago which is in stock but I am getting this message "Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Anyone else experience this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Ordered a TV about 5 days ago which is in stock but I am getting this message "Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

Anyone else experience this issue?

The one that you're seeing in stock is probably in another seller's stock rather than Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They're a pain to use these days. They seem to do nothing with orders for 5 days. Seems to be by design and encourage the take up of Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Amouar wrote: »
    The one that you're seeing in stock is probably in another seller's stock rather than Amazon.

Nope it says in stock and dispatched and sold by amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0794Z7R3Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Guys you need to move to Amazon Prime for quick delivery , Stuff Ordered Monday Afternoon Delivered Wednesday Morning,
    Here are my last 3 Prime Orders
    tw9NJ1s.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They don't do that with all of them, TimHorton. I didn't see much difference, TBH.

I have ordered from Amazon.co.uk 56 times so far this year , I joined Prime about 3 months ago and the shipping speed has been regularly 3 or 4 days whereas before Prime it was taking 2 weeks in most cases.

62kFG1d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

TimHorton wrote: »
    Guys you need to move to Amazon Prime for quick delivery , Stuff Ordered Monday Afternoon Delivered Wednesday Morning,
    Here are my last 3 Prime Orders

Fair enough, but I'm not paying for Prime. I have no need for the service.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Fair enough, but I'm not paying for Prime. I have no need for the service.

The Video Streaming and Music Service that is included is excellent,

Regarding delivery I might see something on the site for £8 and I can get it delivered to my door in 2 or 3 days for free. I am paying £3.99/month as a Student (earlier boards alert) Possibly until 2024.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TimHorton wrote: »
    The Video Streaming and Music Service that is included is excellent,

Regarding delivery I might see something on the site for £8 and I can get it delivered to my door in 2 or 3 days for free. I am paying £3.99/month as a Student (earlier boards alert) Possibly until 2024.

For 3.99 maybe its ok, but their video streaming is far from excellent. They had the last 2 tennis events on it, and it was a shambles. A lot of the series you go on to, you have to pay for, or for the next series, or you have to subscribe to a US service to watch, for example Mr Mercedes series 2. I'd love to see a decent streaming service and the 2 day deliveries, even for 7.99, but I haven't seen much evidence of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Won't be using them anymore. Clearly trying to force everyone onto Prime. Delivery between 2-3 weeks these days. It's no longer worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Ordered an in stock item on 11th Oct, estimated delivery is Friday 19th Oct, so 8 days.

My prime trial ran out so I'm kinda leaning towards buying prime, might hold out till black Friday when they might have a reduction in cost?

It's clear they are slowing dispatch, unfortunately they are the best customer service and range of items at good prices makes it hard to shop elsewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I have prime for years. The 2 day delivery is super. Rarely do I not get items delivered on time. Ordered a few items on Sunday evening (sold by Amazon and a couple fulfilled by Amazon) and had them Tue. Kids have started watching the prime video for kids shows.
    Don't forget you can share some prime benefits with a family member. Music, video and 2 day delivery for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,617 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Ordered some four items yesterday, got an estimate delivery of 05 March!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

zell12 wrote: »
    Ordered some four items yesterday, got an estimate delivery of 05 March!
    That's about right for Amazon if you have not Prime. I ordered from them 5th Jan. It was delivered on 14th Jan after being posted in Dublin on 13th Jan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

i've noticed lately too their deliveries are getting slower, and it's the time they take to dispatch the items that appears to be the issue, they still say "get it by Friday" (2 days later) when i'm ordering but their delivery date estimates tend to be 3 days, and then it gets dispatched on that day and here by the 4th day.

i have prime, and 4 days is the best they can get an array of items to me these days, once An Post gets them into Dublin they are delivered next day so they aren't the issue...

Gru wrote: »
    i've noticed lately too their deliveries are getting slower, and it's the time they take to dispatch the items that appears to be the issue, they still say "get it by Friday" (2 days later) when i'm ordering but their delivery date estimates tend to be 3 days, and then it gets dispatched on that day and here by the 4th day.

i have prime, and 4 days is the best they can get an array of items to me these days, once An Post gets them into Dublin they are delivered next day so they aren't the issue...

Not in my case - Stuff ordered late Sunday Night was delivered 8 AM , This morning.

Order Placed Late Last night and is arriving on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,201 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My lat 5 orders going back to august have all been delivered within a working week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

My last few orders took around 2 weeks to arrive. Not dispatched on time. An Post were very quick to deliver.

I'm having terrible trouble with slow An Post deliveries at the moment. It's happened again today. It was supposed to be delivered today but it's still in the Parcel Hub after arriving there on Saturday morning. Having Amazon Prime here makes no difference it would seem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

All prime deliveries are saying 9-10 days for me at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,201 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I ordered something on Dec 31st and paid for delivery. Delivery date was yesterday. It only shipped today and the delivery date is now the 22nd. They have refunded me the shipping fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'm getting a delivery time of 2 weeks in some cases. Pretty annoying considering a lot of items were an amazing 1 day delivery in the run-up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I was ordering loads in 2020, I got everything within 2 days, sometimes 1 day.

It's gone to **** since Brexit. Orders are taking around a week. This is with a Prime membership.

• Advertisement
Advertisement