Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

£10 off £50 shop at Amazon Til 25th Jan

• 24-01-2018 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭

Use code BIGTHANKS

It is to say thank you for voting them number one in the customer satisfaction charts.

The discount is available on products sold by Amazon retail including AmazonFresh, Amazon Pantry and Prime Now. It cannot be redeemed against products sold by third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace or on Amazon Gift Cards, video games, baby product or digital content.

From HUKD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭ablelocks

also works with Warehouse Deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Nice one. Ordered something I don’t need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, spotted this earlier.

Laptop case, 32GB microSD card, 2 Tefal Frying Pans, an oil-filled rad and a hex key set for just over 50 beans!

Needed practically none of it as per usual!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, spotted this earlier.

Laptop case, 32GB microSD card, 2 Tefal Frying Pans, an oil-filled rad and a hex key set for just over 50 beans!

Needed practically none of it as per usual!!

I went for 5 trays of bacon fries.
    Of course I don't need them either- but I am salivating at the thought........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Stocked up of 2 bottles of make-up for the wife (Always handy to have some non-perishable essentials ready to go) got a free £35 luxury cream set and the £10 off also, so not a bads night shopping:P

As far I see, I have saved £45 now...... for me to spend on something else for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

All the stuff in my basket and none of it is sold by Amazon, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

Thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Reluctant thanks. Bought some stuff I think I need, but having pushed the button I’m still not sure I do!

Use code BIGTHANKS

It is to say thank you for voting them number one in the customer satisfaction charts.

The discount is available on products sold by Amazon retail including AmazonFresh, Amazon Pantry and Prime Now. It cannot be redeemed against products sold by third-party sellers on Amazon Marketplace or on Amazon Gift Cards, video games, baby product or digital content.

From HUKD

Also not available on alcohol....... hic- well, it is Robbie Burns night, tonight........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,967 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is this working till the end of today ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

2smiggy wrote: »
    is this working till the end of today ?

Seems like it.

Amazon :

Spend £50 or more in a single transaction (eligible items) dispatched from and sold by Amazon at the website www.amazon.co.uk (“Qualifying Items”) and £10 will be deducted from your total order value when you enter promotional code BIGTHANKS at checkout (the “Offer”). This Offer applies only to products dispatched from and sold by Amazon, excluding baby formula, digital products (Audible, Digital Documents, Digital Video Download, Digital Music Service, Digital EBook Purchase, Digital Software, Digital Video Games, Mobile Apps), pre-orders of physical Video Games products (games, consoles, accessories), gift cards (Gift Card, Gift Certificates, etc.) and delivery and handling charges. It cannot be redeemed on products sold by Amazon US or third party sellers on the Amazon Marketplace (including items Fulfilled by Amazon), at any of Amazon.co.uk’s Trusted Partner sites or at any other Amazon site, for example Amazon.com, Amazon.de, Amazon.es, Amazon.fr or Amazon.it. Each customer may claim a maximum of one Offer. This Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional codes or on any pre-existing orders. This Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Thursday, 25 January, 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any good bargains on or warehouse deals to combine with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers op,was looking to order a few bits and as a bonus I found that I had nearly €47 in gift cards on my account which I don't know where it came from.
    BTW,if anybody is a Harry Potter fan or has kids who are,the hardback illustrated books are on offer on the site from between £12-£15,they are nearly €40 each in bookshops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

£44 delivered wham bang thank you mam! (don't need any of it mind you!)

assa.png

dccddc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

£10 off the Echo well pleased thanks op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I had a promo in my basket for the app since before christmas for £5 but i never used it

just threw this in and thought i would get an extra tenner off but it removed the old promo. :(

still got a good deal so thanks OP

Seve OB wrote: »
    I had a promo in my basket for the app since before christmas for £5 but i never used it

just threw this in and thought i would get an extra tenner off but it removed the old promo. :(

still got a good deal so thanks OP

update

after checking out above, i put something else into my basket

the £5 app discount promo is back in my basket

i'm not pulling the trigger on this one yet though as it has gone up nearly 20quid in the last 2 weeks so i'll hold fire for now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I now have 1kg of brazil nuts, 24 cans of stew and a supplement organiser for some reason. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Come on algorithm, tell me what I want to buy, but I am not aware of!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Macker1

Thanks to op.......... Just got my order in for HyperX Mechanical Keyboard with that Tenner off........... Decided to treat the missus with some Tassimo Pods as well....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Pack of ten 9v lithium batteries in the basket, now just need to find something sold by amazon for £4.01 to get me up to the magical £50!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Quackster wrote: »
    Pack of ten 9v lithium batteries in the basket, now just need to find something sold by amazon for £4.01 to get me up to the magical £50!

Batteries are usually rejected by couriers for insurance reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Quackster wrote: »
    Try FillerChecker.co.uk to make up the balance.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Batteries are usually rejected by couriers for insurance reasons

Am using AddressPal. Have had no issues with them rejecting batteries so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Needed a few Ethernet cables. Seen the offer. Bought 10 for a tenner. And 40 quids worth of sh1t I did no need.

Try FillerChecker.co.uk to make up the balance.

thats cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

can you use it twice

TheDriver wrote: »
    can you use it twice

no

unless of course you have another account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks to OP. Picked up a decent 1080p/75hz/freesync AOC gaming monitor for €90 from the warehouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Thanks OP!

Bought new steam mop. Ya January excitement.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Toshiba 3TB HDD, top up 50 pound get 5 pound free, plus the 10 pound off, comes to 51 pound total. Bargain!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Got it to £50.13, there are loads of 2018 Annuals for £1 to help get you all there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭fabsoul

Also not available on alcohol....... hic- well, it is Robbie Burns night, tonight........

It's it worked for me anyway

fabsoul wrote: »
    It's it worked for me anyway

Doh- there were 2 bottles for 15 year old Glenfiddich there with my name on them....... ah well.........

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

picked up an Echo dot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Thanks! Was able to include a pre order Blu Ray in mine

Someone convince me I don't need an echo dot..... PLEASE!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Why the absolute fcck would you pay to be spied on by marketing bots? To have your every background word aggregated to convince you to buy stuff you otherwise wouldn’t care about? They even listen to whatever tv shows you have on. People have been TESTIFIED against by this things.

How stupid do you have to be?

picked up an Echo dot

DOT

DOT

DOT

DOT

DOT

DOT

DOT

" . "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Why the absolute fcck would you pay to be spied on by marketing bots? To have your every background word aggregated to convince you to buy stuff you otherwise wouldn’t care about? They even listen to whatever tv shows you have on. People have been TESTIFIED against by this things.

You might be going a bit far with that one. I’ve an Echo Dot and I don’t think I’m interesting enough for Amazon to collect data on me.

BTW they have a great selection of tinfoil hats you might be interested in using the discount on :)

• Advertisement

DubDJ wrote: »
    You might be going a bit far with that one. I’ve an Echo Dot and I don’t think I’m interesting enough for Amazon to collect data on me.

BTW they have a great selection of tinfoil hats you might be interested in using the discount on :)

And just to add, if anyone really thinks they are using smart speakers to spy on us, then they would want to get rid of their smart phones fairly quickly too.....they have exactly the same possibilities as a smart speaker if not more:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

Thanks. Just bought six.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

I have GBP 51.68 in my basket, but I'm getting "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." The items are all eligible for free shipping, so presumed that meant sold by Amazon, or does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

leck wrote: »
    I have GBP 51.68 in my basket, but I'm getting "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase." The items are all eligible for free shipping, so presumed that meant sold by Amazon, or does it?

fulfilled by is not the same as sold by

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Thanks op. Topped up 50stg gift card and was given a fiver extra on the balance, so was able to spend 65 for 50 with the tenner promo. There are half decent energy saving lightbulbs (bayonet b22) sold and dispatched by Amazon for 1.99stg that helped me get it to 50.06. Cost you four or five quid bricks and mortar.

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Thanks op. Topped up 50stg gift card and was given a fiver extra on the balance, so was able to spend 65 for 50 with the tenner promo. There are half decent energy saving lightbulbs (bayonet b22) sold and dispatched by Amazon for 1.99stg that helped me get it to 50.06. Cost you four or five quid bricks and mortar.
    How did you get the extra 5. Does it need to be a top-up or just a gift card, did you have a promo code?

Kuva wrote: »
    fulfilled by is not the same as sold by
    The offending item seems to be a Powercube "Sold by Techgadget Store and Fulfilled by Amazon."

Is there an easy way to search so only items sold by Amazon come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

leck wrote: »
    How did you get the extra 5. Does it need to be a top-up or just a gift card, did you have a promo code?

N if he could tell us before 11:59 that would be great! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11301833031

Link to the fiver for fifty top up. Do it soon, mine took 30 mins to top up - usually it's quicker. Not all ac's eligible but if you are you can use it with the bigthanks promo no problem.

Danny2580 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=11301833031

Link to the fiver for fifty top up. Do it soon, mine took 30 mins to top up - usually it's quicker. Not all ac's eligible but if you are you can use it with the bigthanks promo no problem.
    Nah!
    I get "Thank you for your interest in Top Up.
    Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this offer."

• Advertisement
Advertisement