Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

We've had Tesco vouchers (€10 off €45), Dunnes (€10 off €40 and €25 off €100) and Supervalu codes sent to my phone (various amounts, always 20% off) throughout December.

Last update I saw suggested all above on just over 22% market share, Aldi & Lidl on 22% between them and everyone else has the rest.

Christmas is a huge market and no-one wants to miss out. Better to get a slimmer margin of a huge pie than get no pie at all.

If you plan well, you can buy all those non-perishables now and save loads.

Those vouchers will be much thinner on the ground post Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Does anyone know if the supervalu text codes “10 off 50 until 24th dec” work more than once?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Sixtoes wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the supervalu text codes “10 off 50 until 24th dec” work more than once?

They are once off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Whyohwhyy

Right lads I've 2 vouchers for 10e off a 45e spend. Can in use both at self service? About to go on a mad shop but before I was only using 1.

Not sure if I scan the both for a 90 shop if it'd work giving me 20 off. I know there was talk of using multiple but not sure if anyone done this at self service. I assume it could work if I put the voucher in the slot both times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Unless it's alcohol, you probably won't be get near any self scans with a huge amount of shopping. My local has it set that it's baskets only.
    Makes sense not having feckers clogging them up with massive shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sixtoes wrote: »

No, they're strictly one use only.

I've one I won't be using though. Can PM it to you if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

Quackster wrote: »
    No, they're strictly one use only.

I've one I won't be using though. Can PM it to you if you want it.

No need thanks. Went to Tesco with the dodge pdf print out instead :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

RossieMan wrote: »
    Unless it's alcohol, you probably won't be get near any self scans with a huge amount of shopping. My local has it set that it's baskets only.
    Makes sense not having feckers clogging them up with massive shopping.

Just a note guys the self service checkouts can easily deal with a small trolley of shopping just remember to scan your stuff in correctly.
    It may be useful if your trying to use your vouchers or photocopies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Weird they didn't accept them in tralee, but they did in athlone.
    At the normal checkout with colour print outs both times

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Print outs are not allowed so if they were accepted at a staffed checkout you struck lucky

Never been refused print outs at checkouts in store, been using them multiple times these pasts few weeks

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

Used an out of date voucher (printed on receipt type) at self service today (and kept voucher to use again!).

staff scanned it off my phone screen for 10 off today in Dublin for booze - sound!

if you don't ask....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Tried scanning off phone at self service and it wouldn't work, asked staff member to key it in, she was nice about it but wouldn't do it. Make sure to print out

Edit: went back with print outs, still didn't work for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Tried scanning off phone at self service and it wouldn't work, asked staff member to key it in, she was nice about it but wouldn't do it. Make sure to print out

Just scanned mine from my phone with no issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

That's weird, I've had no bother with phone or prints on self-service. Did you push 'Finish and Pay' and then select 'Coupon'?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Buffman wrote: »
    That's weird, I've had no bother with phone or prints on self-service. Did you push 'Finish and Pay' and then select 'Coupon'?

Yah i was having difficulty scanning the PDF voucher above, then called over a staff member who said , you cant use them yet, she disappeared to hide then someone else came over and she just hit 'coupon' then scanned perfectly!

Advertisement