Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 10 euro voucher inside

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

RossieMan wrote: »
    What toiletries?

i think there was a womens face cream in there.. then just toothpaste, deoderants, shower gel, mouth wash - every day stuff.

There was also a toy. Maybe that was the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I printed off various sizes, in colour, of the 31/12 one but the self-scan terminal in New Ross didn't even beep - just failed to recognise I was waving a barcode at it. My phone app and Google Lens were able to read the printout.

Pity - I needed the Vodafone "€30 gets you €40" today (for my "student" deal, lol!), and I would have bought €100+ of the clear plastic boxes they had as I have a particular job for them and its nice to have boxes from the same supplier so that they stack well together. Now I guess I'll wait to see what ALDI have on offer in their "storage" specials next week. (30th)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I just scan my phone and throw an old piece of paper in the coupon slots and works everytime. I'm sure when they open it they'll be a bit confused as its a small rural Tesco and can't imagine many doing it. Got something today that cost 35 and I automatically look for something I need for a 10er it's a great deal and am really surprised they continually let it run. It's valid till Xmas eve so I'll just keep using it. Think there is another one for after that too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

racso1975 wrote:
    I just scan my phone and throw an old piece of paper in the coupon slots and works everytime. I'm sure when they open it they'll be a bit confused as its a small rural Tesco and can't imagine many doing it. Got something today that cost 35 and I automatically look for something I need for a 10er it's a great deal and am really surprised they continually let it run. It's valid till Xmas eve so I'll just keep using it. Think there is another one for after that too!!

I wonder would they consider it stealing if you were caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭umop-apisdn

I used two already - thanks!

tried to use another today. Bill came to 46 euros and it was saying "amount too low" on the automatic checkouts. I dont think I bought anything that wouldnt be included. A few toiletries, food, a toy. Would any of this stuff not be allowed? Or any idea why it was rejected?

This happened to me, but it was because there was an extra 5% discount on the wine so it brought me back under €45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

i think there was a womens face cream in there.. then just toothpaste, deoderants, shower gel, mouth wash - every day stuff.

The mouthwash is classed as a medicine, I had that problem earlier in the week. Just went back and grabbed something else then the voucher was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Did they accept phone scans or had you a printout?
    I printed them out in colour

The mouthwash is classed as a medicine, I had that problem earlier in the week. Just went back and grabbed something else then the voucher was accepted.

The aul listerine - cures all your ailments!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

God I hope not. The voucher does not say only use once on it. Only thing it says is once per transaction. The paper in slot is just that the machines need it to acknowledge it's a coupon. What's your thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

billbond4 wrote: »
    I printed them out in colour

Anyone had any problems with a black and white printout? No colour printer here at the moment

• Advertisement

Anyone had any problems with a black and white printout? No colour printer here at the moment

used them twice and no problem in the self-service machines

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

used them twice and no problem in the self-service machines

Thanks, gonna be doing a big shop so self service isn't an option. Might pop around to the library first so

Thanks, gonna be doing a big shop so self service isn't an option. Might pop around to the library first so

you could do a 45 euro shop through the self-service and then head back in. I did that. Then again, Im fairly desperate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Printed out the PDF and scanned it at self service in Tesco. Worked a treat. I scanned through a couple of items first, then the alcohol which caused the alert to go off, then the rest of my stuff after the cashier had put the alcohol through.

I then put a random piece of paper from my pocket into the machine when it asked for the coupon.

Easy, and I'll certainly be using again before expiry.

Thanks for posting the PDF.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Some crack if Tesco chase down the pdf users using their club card details

Dear sir/madam it appears you owe Tesco money
    Given that they're generic vouchers with just two different barcodes used so far, when they tot up the contents of the tills, there'd be no way of figuring out who had used the 'real' vouchers and who had used the copies.

racso1975 wrote:
    God I hope not. The voucher does not say only use once on it. Only thing it says is once per transaction. The paper in slot is just that the machines need it to acknowledge it's a coupon. What's your thoughts?

Not sure myself. I think it's probably just over the line of stealing as the vouchers do state no copies. Interesting to see if anyone gets pulled up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There was a prosecution in the UK years and years ago. But it was building up club cards rather than savings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-444669/Obsessed-PC-ran-75-000-points-using-Tesco-clubcard-scam.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭893bet

Any one in the papers today?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Some crack if Tesco chase down the pdf users using their club card details

Dear sir/madam it appears you owe Tesco money

Have to have one first!

Caranica wrote: »
    There was a prosecution in the UK years and years ago. But it was building up club cards rather than savings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-444669/Obsessed-PC-ran-75-000-points-using-Tesco-clubcard-scam.html

I think the issue, if there was one, would be with folk managing to use multiple spend & save vouchers where the cost of their shopping was under the cumulative threshold. But that shouldn't be possible at the self-service checkouts (without staff intervention) and if you manage it at a manned checkout, it would be the till operator who would be in the line of fire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Quackster wrote: »
    I think the issue, if there was one, would be with folk managing to use multiple spend & save vouchers where the cost of their shopping was under the cumulative threshold. But that shouldn't be possible at the self-service checkouts (without staff intervention) and if you manage it at a manned checkout, it would be the till operator who would be in the line of fire!

Or reusing the same voucher and putting random paper in as in the case of many on here?

Caranica wrote: »
    Or reusing the same voucher and putting random paper in as in the case of many on here?

I regularly see Tesco staff do that for folk so I don't see that as an issue. In my local store, they happily will scan the voucher from one's mobile screen. Seems to be up to the individual store managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tesco have been issuing and accepting vouchers for a long time. They could have made it harder to game the system or closed the loopholes already (unique codes, only usable at tills, etc.), but they didn't. How much extra booze and filler items have people bought because of the vouchers? Tesco know what they're doing with this promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

IMO Tesco don't give care as long as they do the turnover.
    They want to be number One Supermarket in the country (currently 3rd) and if Dunnes are doing money off vouchers then Tesco have to do the same especially as it's the busiest time of the year.
    Most people who have 10 off 45 vouchers will spend around 50/60 (obviously not including bargain alert posters!) so Tesco are only refunding 10 off a 50 or 60 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Does anyone know if there is a voucher in any of today's papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,928 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Does anyone know if there is a voucher in any of today's papers?

None in the Independent alas.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

odyssey06 wrote: »
    None in the Independent alas.

None in Dialy Mirror, or Irish Examiner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Was delighted to use Tesco's voucher on phone credit. Asked for eir mobile 20 euro. Just realised its meteor 20euro. Will it still be ok ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,194 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was delighted to use Tesco's voucher on phone credit. Asked for eir mobile 20 euro. Just realised its meteor 20euro. Will it still be ok ?

As far as I know Meteor was taken over by eir. So it should he okay.

• Advertisement

As far as I know Meteor was taken over by eir. So it should he okay.

yes, Meteor is Eir.
    they havent updated their system in all stores yet.

Advertisement