Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bord Gais Tesco Voucher Query

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

dmeehan wrote: »
    no one said it was difficult. I said it was convoluted and confusing. Thanks for your helpful RTFM hint. Well done!

Your welcome, did you need to RTFM to post your message?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Does anyone know:
    Once you have used the voucher, how long does it take to show up on the 'transactions' tab on the bord gais website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

dobsdave wrote: »
    Does anyone know:
    Once you have used the voucher, how long does it take to show up on the 'transactions' tab on the bord gais website?

Won't show until the next bill is issued

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

i was told there having problems with that...

the way it was explained to me was if ur bill is for 100 and voucher for 10.. it will say amount 100 amount payable 90
    it wont actually mention the voucher but you will be able to see that an amount was taken off....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I find this very useful, I have my phone with them, car insurance and get petrol there if I'm passing, handy getting money off as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

I used vouchers towards my bill also, found it handy enough to do except I was unable to check for days later if they were applied or not. I emailed helpme@bordgais.ie with all the a/c details and they confirmed the vouchers were applied.

This was they reply I got

"Thank you for your recent e-mail to Bord Gais Energy.

I can advise that Tesco Vouchers was applied to your Electricity Account on 10th January 2013. You can know if the Voucher has been applied to your account by logging into your Rewards Account and My Profile.

As the Tesco Vouchers is a relatively new offer with Bord Gais Energy, the Tesco Vouchers are not recognised on your online account. Our I.T. Department are currently working to get this facility updated online. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you require any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact our online team at helpme@bordgais.ie or call us on 1850 632 632."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

i was told there having problems with that...

the way it was explained to me was if ur bill is for 100 and voucher for 10.. it will say amount 100 amount payable 90
    it wont actually mention the voucher but you will be able to see that an amount was taken off....

Yep, same on my bill, bill was for 38 and said total 18 after using 10 (20) tesco voucher, no mention about any voucher. They should fix it as it is confusing.

Also I don't think it's complicated, same process as with all Tesco Deals, and if you read clear instructions and do it once it won't be a problem next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

Annoying system, first time was a nightmare, but its saving me €400 a year off my electricity bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

This is a great deal and seemed to be working great until I got an email advising me that I'd been deregistered from rewards after I had apparently closed my BG account which I did not do!?

Anyone else get that email?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Annoying system, first time was a nightmare, but its saving me €400 a year off my electricity bill.

Not sure I'd class it as a nightmare, but does everybody have to go through the same rigamarole every time. Register on the tesco site (it doesn't appear to remember me, or let me save my details), select the nearest amount to each of the clubcard vouchers, enter the vouchers, wait for the email, go on bger and enter all the details there. There isn't a shortcut somewhere that is alluding me, right?

Also, is anyone else paying by easy-pay every month and getting points on their clubcard? No matter how many direct debits I do in any billing period, I only get one set of points according to my bill?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Had a problem today trying to redeem my vouchers. I've done it once before and had no bother but this time when I entered the online code it said it had to be 8 figures and the code on the voucher has 11. Anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Oh hai wrote: »
    Had a problem today trying to redeem my vouchers. I've done it once before and had no bother but this time when I entered the online code it said it had to be 8 figures and the code on the voucher has 11. Anyone else had this problem?

Did you receive an email from Tesco with the voucher number - this is the number you type into the energy rewards section - if that makes sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

deelite wrote: »
    Did you receive an email from Tesco with the voucher number - this is the number you type into the energy rewards section - if that makes sense

Problem rectified, thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

What a rigmarole. The whole process is incredibly convoluted. Two websites. Two sets of codes/tokens. Then having to dig out your account number and GPNR number (or whatever it is). Forty minutes of my life wasted trying to save a few quid on my gas bill.

Make it easier, Bord Gais and Tesco. It was like trying to buy a potato in the former Soviet Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

1. Freephone Tesco on 0080001000707. They know your clubcard points from your name and address. They'll convert your points into a Board Gas "token code".
    2. Then phone Board Gas on 01-2335000. They know your account, MPRN, etc from your name and address. They'll apply the token code to your account.
    3. The saving will show on your next BG bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Once we revived this thread 4 years after the last post, I'll add my 5c. Physical vouchers have a very short validity period, but a (hidden) extended digital validity. Check you account for any vouchers that are still active: https://secure.tesco.ie/Clubcard/MyAccount/Vouchers/Home.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

yannakis wrote: »
    Once we revived this thread 4 years after the last post, I'll add my 5c. Physical vouchers have a very short validity period, but a (hidden) extended digital validity. Check you account for any vouchers that are still active: https://secure.tesco.ie/Clubcard/MyAccount/Vouchers/Home.aspx

Just in case anyone is relying on this to keep track of their vouchers I just checked mine and it is short by over 100 euro. Thankfully I have the physical vouchers to prove it. Don't throw away the physical ones in favour of the belief that Tesco themselves will keep them safe for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Yeah they sure try their best to put off people from trying to use em against Bord Gais... but I've battled on every 3 mths on the 2 websites...

Having said that the changes to the Tesco points esp $ spent using the credit card being reduced to a point for every not Tesco €8 spent is killing the value for me now. So much so I am moving the electricity from them and will use the reduced vouchers I do get on the gas only.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 zarker

They couldn't make the process more difficult... something tells me it's intentional. FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

zarker wrote: »
    They couldn't make the process more difficult... something tells me it's intentional. FFS

They devoted 1% of the resources they should have devoted and since it works, it will not get any more attention :rolleyes: :mad:

The most ridiculous part is that you can't copy/paste the 1 meter long voucher numbers in one part of the process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Spoke with Bord Gais customer service regards this. Suggested that the launch codes for North Korean ballistic missiles would be easier and quicker to get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭homer911

dmeehan wrote: »
    Its the most convoluted and confusing process. You should be able to enter the barcode of the voucher into the BGRewards website. Simple as. Why you have to use one voucher, to get another voucher, to use that on another website is beyond me. Also the denominations available to redeem do not always match the values on your voucher so (sometimes) you cannot even use your vouchers. </rant>

Sounds like an application for blockchain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The most ridiculous part is that you can't copy/paste the 1 meter long voucher numbers in one part of the process.

+1.
    Makes no sense as the only person who use the voucher is the person who it is issued to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Scottie99

casio4 wrote: »
    Blast, my name is on the bill and my husbands name is on the voucher so I can't use them:(

Or you can add your husband name to the Tesco account. Failing that, change the gas account name.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 mkov1

I don't think it is difficult. Easy enough. Don't be lazy. Also I use my partners clubcard vouchers on to add and no issues there. I get the code for bord gais and get discount. Great deal. Worth little bit of work.

Advertisement