Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Joe be Gone Til November like Wyclef Jean? Liveline: 17/09/2019 to date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe gets called a moron, gets big laugh, straight to break...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jesus christ. Now some gob****e laughing at his own **** jokes.

Doc makes fun...

1. nothing
    2. mild
    3. nothing
    4. mild
    5. mild
    6. nothing
    7. nothing

Joe doing crowd work now...

Imagine being with the one person for 42 years. I'm finding 3 a struggle.

• Advertisement

Using 'voices' and mentioning things that people know are key points to hit. Dats probably in the brief that goes out when they hire new talent.

Everybody can do a better O'Driscoll than yer man. O'Gara wasn't bad and got a laugh.

Back to wrap it up. God save us all.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    "A magnificent organization"

First time I laughed since 1:45
    He meant the Ploughing people.

Dull and duller it gets. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Katie back in tomorrow?

he will need a few days off after that

If I was a farmer I wouldn't spread this show on a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

RTE's levels of indulgence of Joe Duffy know no bounds it seems. Takes off two weeks to do his own side project which he has somehow got them to fund (about the childer who doyed in de troubles), but comes back for the one show that he actually has an interest in - what with him being a frustrated comic actor an all dat. If RTE are serious about getting their finances under control they really need to start pulling the reins on the RTE "stars".

I presume he got an overnight in the best local establishment whichever that is. Must check Googul Maps. The Mount Wolseley Hotel Spa & Golf Resort is the obvious 5 star choice. The Jag should look good parked outside, petrol paid of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I presume he got an overnight in the best local establishment whichever that is. Must check Googul Maps. The Mount Wolseley Hotel Spa & Golf Resort is the obvious 5 star choice. The Jag should look good parked outside, petrol paid of course.

No No No, that couldn't be right because he always say that it's free of charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

RTE's levels of indulgence of Joe Duffy know no bounds it seems. Takes off two weeks to do his own side project which he has somehow got them to fund (about the childer who doyed in de troubles), but comes back for the one show that he actually has an interest in - what with him being a frustrated comic actor an all dat. If RTE are serious about getting their finances under control they really need to start pulling the reins on the RTE "stars".

He was off for 3 weeks Jeremy. On top of all of the other break-eens he’s taken this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Lads, I enjoy listening to Liveline for a few reasons, either:

1. Callers are absolute lunatics that are great to laugh at.

2. Callers actually have an interesting story.

3. Joe gets contradicted and goes off on a mad one.

The only shows I will NEVER listen back to are Funny Friday or in this case Thursday at the Ploughing.

You do realise all you are doing by listening to that ****E is putting up the listenership numbers and therefore making them believe it's popular.

Please stop listening to Unfunny Friday/Thursday, it's the only way it will ever go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I turned off the radio today just as Joe was saying June Rodgers.How can anyone listen that ****e ?

pinkyeye wrote: »
    You do realise all you are doing by listening to that ****E is putting up the listenership numbers and therefore making them believe it's popular.

Please stop listening to Unfunny Friday/Thursday, it's the only way it will ever go away.
    I hear ya pinkyeye, but I wouldn't worry too much.

The JNLRs will probably only have interviewed a dozen people tomottow about their listening habits today. It's a comprehensive survey, and ten 'comedy' shows a year won't really dent the JNLR figures.

Sadly.

The biggest 'gag' around Funny Friday is that it doesn't need to concern itself with being popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,003 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He can hardly be expected to drive down on the day. :)

You do tend to post medical stuff so....

I was in a hospital at 11 am for an operation.

The nurse phoned the number of the person to pick me up and told me there was no answer.

I replied "well, he is not in this country. Probably only leaving the other one now."

Something like that, anyway he picked me up on time at 6.30pm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Lads, I enjoy listening to Liveline for a few reasons, either:

1. Callers are absolute lunatics that are great to laugh at.

2. Callers actually have an interesting story.

3. Joe gets contradicted and goes off on a mad one.

The only shows I will NEVER listen back to are Funny Friday or in this case Thursday at the Ploughing.

I came in from cutting the lawn, turned it on and turned it straight back off again.
    I hear ya pinkyeye, but I wouldn't worry too much.

The JNLRs will probably only have interviewed a dozen selected people tomottow about their listening habits today. It's a comprehensive survey, and ten 'comedy' shows a year won't really dent the JNLR figures.

Sadly.

The biggest 'gag' around Funny Friday is that it doesn't need to concern itself with being popular.
    FYP

An overnight? He and the Crew probably went down on Tuesday...of last week. When they did FyverFryday from Arklow - a town 45mins drive from Montrose - they went down the day before FFS.

Petrol paid? Petrol paid and then some Cat my dear - mileage at RTE rates is I'd imagine rather generous when a contractor uses his own vehickle so to speak.

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/rte-star-joe-duffy-a-hit-with-ploughing-crowd-29613274.html

From 6 years ago, but it could have been written this week so to speak. Same cliches, smae humblebragging, same plugging fhis mate etc.

RTE star Joe Duffy a hit with ploughing crowd
    Joe Duffy presents Live Line from the Ploughing Championships
    September 26 2013 3:53 PM

HE’S been there every year for the last 17 years.

But RTE broadcaster Joe Duffy says he’s ‘gobsmacked’ by the size of this year’s crowd at the National Ploughing Championships.

Attendance records for this year’s ploughing are due to break all records, with almost 200,000 people expected to have visited over its three-day duration.

“I’ve been going to the ploughing since the Gay Byrne Show – every year for 17 years. I never miss it.

“I think this year is the biggest ever – I’m gobsmacked by the size of the crowd.

“It’s a combination of the weather and the location. It’s the biggest crowd ever, you can sense that by just walking around,” the RTE broadcaster told Independent.ie.

“I love it and there’s a fantastic atmosphere. People are in great form.”

The Liveline host was there today – the final day of the three-day event - for a live broadcast of his ‘Funny Thursday’ edition of ‘Liveline’.

Seeing as it’s one of the country’s most listened-to radio programmes, it will come as no surprise to see that the RTE tent was mobbed with visitors when Joe took to the mic.

Joining him were his regular ‘Funny Friday’ panellists, comedienne June Rogers, Sil Fox, Doc Savage, Frank Twomey and Packie O’Connor.

“It’s old style humour and people love it,” Joe explained.

The broadcaster subscribes to the same theory as Mrs Brown creator, Brendan O’Carroll, who says there’s an absence in TV schedules for such comedy.

“The ratings speak for themselves,” Joe said.

“Brendan O’Carroll was only telling me recently that his Mrs Brown repeats are in the top five every week. It was no 1 in the UK and no 1 in Australia. The ratings really do speak for themselves.”

This evening, Joe will be attending the first night of the Dublin Theatre Festival.

“I’ll be going with David Duffy as the show tonight will be based around the circus.”

Joe and his wife June are parents of 18-year-old triplets – two of whom are beginning university this month.

“One is starting in Trinity and the other in St Pat’s. The other son is in Australia where he’s on a mid-term break. He’s sky-diving, quad-biking, abseiling and having the time of his life.”

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

OMG this thread is so funny lol

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

Is da jewel of ballyfermah back today?

We'll know in about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭cozar

doubtful he's back, needs a rest after all that travelling yesterday.

It's Joe.
    Roadworks in the city centre.
    Urn of ashes found at recycling plant.
    Kidnap of guy at the border. Comparison with dessie fox.
    Drinks companies sponsoring sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

he is back with ashes in an urn:D

sligojoek wrote: »
    It's Joe.
    Roadworks in the city centre.
    Urn of ashes found at recycling plant.
    Kidnap of guy at the border. Comparison with dessie fox.
    Drinks companies sponsoring sports.

So 75mins of de Deaths of Childers in Norn Iron + mandatory 20 buke plugs it is then.

• Advertisement

he is back with ashes in an urn:D

If it went into the incinerator it would be a case of

Urn baby urn.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement