Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Yesterday, 14:03   #1
ludeen

Shares

Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen

Last edited by ludeen; Yesterday at 15:23. Reason: Different thread,
Advertisement
Yesterday, 16:53   #2
Shedite27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeen View Post
Hi all, very new to buying shares so bear with me, so I bought shares through a company based in Cork, the
Mother company is based in the U K. The cork company went in to liquidation and shares were transferred
To UK, I would like to get them back to Ireland , I asked the UK co this and they said I need a form
from the new Irish co. Question is is there any self administratered platform I can transfer them to
as I wish to hold them long term but their management fees are eating in to my principal ( now sterling).
Sorry if Long winded,cheers. Ludeen
The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.
Today, 07:17   #3
ludeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedite27 View Post
The "company based in Cork", do you mean a broker? Degiro would allow you transfer in, albeit for a fee. Chepest way is usually to sell the shares, get the cash, then rebuy the shares through Degiro, although you may be liable to CGT if you've made a big gain.
Hi ,yes it was a broker Redmayne, think you maybe right on selling the shares, my only worry is the timeline.
But thanks for that ,.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion