Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 x gift stocks?

Options
  • 02-05-2019 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭

I want to buy three stocks (or a multiple of stocks up to €300 x 3) to give as a gift to three kids.

They’ll most likely be held for at least 10.

If you had to pick one or three different ones, what would be your choice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

I would buy Disney. Especially with the streaming service going live this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Shai

VTI - assuming you have access to a US brokerage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Shopify

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

heffo500 wrote: »

You can even get a poster type certificate of the shares owned so they've something physical to have

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

cefh17 wrote: »
    You can even get a poster type certificate of the shares owned so they've something physical to have

That's what I'm leaning toward, the current share price is $134 (up from $98 earlier this year). I guess I could spend a little more & get them three each (had estimated about €1,000 including fees).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭heffo500

OU812 wrote: »
    That's what I'm leaning toward, the current share price is $134 (up from $98 earlier this year). I guess I could spend a little more & get them three each (had estimated about €1,000 including fees).

Did you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Why wouldn't you just buy them shares in an ETF? Might not have the the novelty factor, but chances are they'll pay off far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Shopify

I’m now up 30% in two months. There’s plenty more left..$

Did you get them?

Not yet. Still looking for somewhere that’s able to issue the commemorative certs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Disney
    Google
    Amazon

• Advertisement

Anyone got recommendations for a broker who’ll be able to provide a paper certificate (as well as the digital version)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

WEED
    Organigram
    Aphria

.....Maybe don't tell them for 25 years.

Advertisement