Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P2P Lending

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Kuva wrote: »
    Do you actually receive anything for 2day?

When I looked at them in the past when they were "finished" loans, I just got principal back.

Depends on what you put in i think...if you invest a tenner, the return as a percentage would be negligible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

retalivity wrote: »
    Depends on what you put in i think...if you invest a tenner, the return as a percentage would be negligible

Hmm, need to put in a good bit so, but then it could end up tied up in buyback for months and BOOOM, just enough time for another Eurocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Hmm, need to put in a good bit so, but then it could end up tied up in buyback for months and BOOOM, just enough time for another Eurocent.

The up side of a 2 day loans is you have your interest and principal back in 2 days and at a maximum time of 62 days assuming its under the buy back scheme.
    30 day loans, you usually get principal and interest back in 30 days and at a max 90 days.

if you get your principal and interest back after two days, you can reinvest the interest and captial sooner, to gain 2 day compounding.

these platforms pay you micro cents, that once they add up to a cent, you can use.

example of microcents from the mintos platform; '0.9560890684'

oh, and any platform i chose pays you the interest you are owed for those extra 60 days, so its not like they are just holding onto your cash for 60 days, its still working for you.

sKeith wrote: »
    oh, and any platform i chose pays you the interest you are owed for those extra 60 days, so its not like they are just holding onto your cash for 60 days, its still working for you.

You need to check the details of the originator, theirs a heap that give you nothing for the 60 days.

• Advertisement

these platforms pay you micro cents, that once they add up to a cent, you can use.

example of microcents from the mintos platform; '0.9560890684'

How do you know that?

How do you know that?

1) I asked.
    2) Its on your account statements.

1) I asked.
    2) Its on your account statements.

I'll have to go looking again, never seen it, gracious.

You need to check the details of the originator, theirs a heap that give you nothing for the 60 days.

Don't invest with those one then. I certainly don't. If nobody invests with them, they'll be forced to change.

As you says, its easy to check the loan origionators policy before investing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 p2pnex

If you join Mintos now using the code I provide below you can earn an extra 0.75% on the money you invest in the platform! This benefit only applies for the first 3 months of your membership but could prove a valuable boost to your earnings.

If you're interested (yes that was a pun) PM me and I can tell you more =)

You can also go to the Mintos website and enter this code to take advantage of the offer: SFY65L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thought I would give a quick update on my own p2p experience over the last month. Nothing really new or exciting. There is a notable increase in p2p platforms having no new loans available, or struggling to get new loans. I would imagine a sizable withdrawal by investors from Mintos looking for better rates is at play here.

Grupeer - have refreshed their website. Visually nicer but I don't see any new functionality yet. Still no secondary market which is disappointing.
    Edit: Grupeer appear to have reduced their 'Primo invest SIA' loans from 15% to 13%

Mintos - is anyone else having to sign into Mintos twice recently? I don't know if it is a problem with the latest Chrome or an update to the Mintos website. And what have done to all their hyperlinks?? They have changed the blue, it not easy on the eyes.

Swaper - still too many investors and not enough loans.

TWINO - it appears they are struggling with new loans also. Seeing cash drag recently.

FastInvest - no new EUR loans currently available. I am not seeing cash drag though.

PeerBerry - a little cash drag recently. I find the auto-invest is a little slow. I often login to see funds in my account and loans available. My auto-invest settings should pick them up. I have emailed PeerBerry asking for an explanation. I guess down to when the auto-invest is executed.

DoFinance - (again) no new loans available. Hope to have all my funds withdrawn from this platform soon.

Lenndy - nothing new going on. No shortage of new loans.

EstateGuru - I have one loan where the borrower is struggling to keep to the repayment scedule. Most if not all payments have been late. EstateGuru send regular updates on the debt collection process.

ViaInvest/Viventor - plenty of new loans currently available. In particular on ViaInvest. I will increase my funds in this platform this month.

I have decided to give Envestio a trial based on reviews on financiallyfree.eu and on feedback from Jorgen (the site owner). He is a very pleasant chap to deal with and very open with his experiences. I will update the thread as I get set up.

Check out the recent growth of investors in p2p platforms via p2p-banking.com PeerBerry has seen significant growth. (I will verify some of their figures when I get the time) .

Does anyone have any feedback or updates on the likes of Finbee, Linked Finance, Flender or Grid Finance?

Mintos - is anyone else having to sign into Mintos twice recently? I don't know if it is a problem with the latest Chrome or an update to the Mintos website. And what have done to all their hyperlinks?? They have changed the blue, it not easy on the eyes.
    No log in problem here, I like the slightly new look, I see Mintos own rating of ID Finance dropping like a stone, now a B-, curious one. Their manually looking for a loan page still doesn't work right, what you've selected isn't what appears until you change something and change it back again.

Honestly it's getting to be a pain trying to spread funds around, the more you read about the whole thing the more house of cards it seems to be.
    Swaper - still too many investors and not enough loans.

TWINO - it appears they are struggling with new loans also. Seeing cash drag recently.

FastInvest - no new EUR loans currently available. I am not seeing cash drag though.

PeerBerry - a little cash drag recently. I find the auto-invest is a little slow. I often login to see funds in my account and loans available. My auto-invest settings should pick them up. I have emailed PeerBerry asking for an explanation. I guess down to when the auto-invest is executed.

DoFinance - (again) no new loans available. Hope to have all my funds withdrawn from this platform soon.

Lenndy - nothing new going on. No shortage of new loans.

EstateGuru - I have one loan where the borrower is struggling to keep to the repayment scedule. Most if not all payments have been late. EstateGuru send regular updates on the debt collection process.

ViaInvest/Viventor - plenty of new loans currently available. In particular on ViaInvest. I will increase my funds in this platform this month.

I have decided to give Envestio a trial based on reviews on financiallyfree.eu and on feedback from Jorgen (the site owner). He is a very pleasant chap to deal with and very open with his experiences. I will update the thread as I get set up.

Check out the recent growth of investors in p2p platforms via p2p-banking.com PeerBerry has seen significant growth. (I will verify some of their figures when I get the time) .

Does anyone have any feedback or updates on the likes of Finbee, Linked Finance, Flender or Grid Finance?
    Crikey, you are in so many, was tempted to give viaInvest a go before but didn't, may look again since you mentioned it.

Are you using Chrome Kuva? I have the problem on any machine I've used recently. All Windows 10 and the latest Chrome. So it's either Chrome or a change on the Mintos website. They were having some issues more recently that they were slow to acknowledge or fix. I have not had any issue when manually looking for loans, other than the slow loading at times.

Small amounts, spread across the platforms I mentioned. Minimize risk, diversify etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭littlevillage

On the basis of the lending volume figures from

https://www.p2p-banking.com/tag/loan-volume/

DoFinance is on a downward trajectory. From a high of 2.3M in new loans issued in April, its volume has been falling every month and is now 1.7M (Sept). Not exactly a crisis but maybe a signal that all is not well. I quite liked the simplicity of DoFinance but pulled all my cash out, just in case.

Not surprising given the significant rate drops. Also no warning of the drop and the delay in notifying existing users... Better returns else where.

Are you using Chrome Kuva? I have the problem on any machine I've used recently. All Windows 10 and the latest Chrome. So it's either Chrome or a change on the Mintos website. They were having some issues more recently that they were slow to acknowledge or fix. I have not had any issue when manually looking for loans, other than the slow loading at times.

Small amounts, spread across the platforms I mentioned. Minimize risk, diversify etc. :)

Using Iron Browser.

Would you put much € into the sites?

I have probably about 10-15% of my portfolio. I don't believe you could invest a whole lot in most of the p2p sites I have listed. Not enough loans. So you'll end up with cash drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

I've been using Mintos and Twino.

Mintos is quicker to auto-invest. Twino is variable, mainly overnight, selling loans is quick. It's a pity mintos doesn't have an app.

Mintos wins for me because of the refer top up of 0.75% for the first 3 months is good with few conditions like the other refer a friend schemes.

If you're looking for a promo code for this: 58PVUC
    www.mintos.com/en/ref/58PVUC

Valid until 22nd October 2018

Returns given after 30, 60 and 90 days up to €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 panoramix

About Mintos...

Auto Invest in the SECONDARY market is now is available for "early access" with two refer-a-friend investors, until 14.11.2018 .

My referral link is:
    www.mintos.com/en/ref/N3YOJV

Thanks in advance

Grupeer have said they will be lowering their interest rates across their platform. That explains the 13% loans we now see available.

• Advertisement

Swaper having technical issues today in case any one is having trouble with the website.

A reminder the Mintos.com refer-a-friend program ends in five days (22-Oct), if anyone is interested in signing up and wishes to avail of the 0.75% 'bonus', now is a good time to sign up. They may extend it again, they have done in the past.

I like they have added 2FA. I believe it's the only p2p platform I use that offers 2FA.

Over 275k loans now available on the platform (117k primary, 158k secondary)

Do any of you have early access to the auto-invest secondary market? Care to comment on it? Are you able to pick up some good quality loans?

Varks, Sebo, ExpressCredit and Dinero continue to offer plenty of 12%, 12.1% and 12.5% loans. Based on their Mintos and explorep2p.com rating, take care to do your own research on these originators.

Also, Mintos has fixed the double login issue on Chrome. I wasn't imagining it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭flycd

Mintos has extended the refer a friend scheme to 3rd December 2018.

Link to avail of cash back:
    http://www.mintos.com/en/ref/58PVUC
    Or you can use the promo code: 58PVUC

Returns of up to €250 paid after 30,60,90 days investing. 0.75% return meaning if you invest €33,333.33 you will get the full €250, this can be over the 3 months and unlike other refer a friend schemes you don’t have to keep the money there after you have received the bonus.
    Investments are best made at the start of each 30 day period as they take an average of the 30 days investment.
    I just make a couple of bank transfers each new 30 day period then wait until the next 30 day period to maximize return.

In answer to your question about the secondary market auto invest, I have been using this for the last 2 weeks now. Good returns, 13% in most cases and there’s never any money left sitting waiting for investments.

Overall my average return so far is 11.87% with a mix of primary and secondary investments all with buy back guarantee.

Estatguru have updated their website. A much needed update to the platform, including new features and information.

Robo.cash have finally added a new loan originator (LLP Z-FINANCE from Kazakhstan). Further details on their website. 12% returns, 30 day term. Important to note, Z-FINANCE was only launched in July this year and 'currently lends through a network of 102 sales branches in Kazakhstan'.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭pnecilcaser

has anyone tried flender? the irish P2P? any thoughts on them?

A new Irish P2P property lending platform went live yesterday 'Property Bridges' (propertybridges.com). It looks like a co-founder of Linked Finance is involved with this new start-up.

I will not be going near it but some of you might be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

A new Irish P2P property lending platform went live yesterday 'Property Bridges' (propertybridges.com). It looks like a co-founder of Linked Finance is involved with this new start-up.

I will not be going near it but some of you might be interested.

id be very wary about P2P and property. we have seen how hard it is to chase defaulters via LF. Also I can the property market taking a nose dive in the next 2-3 years. If i was looking at using property for investment would be looking at the REITS rather the Property bridges

I feel the same. I will not be going anywhere near this new platform.
    scheister wrote: »
    id be very wary about P2P and property. we have seen how hard it is to chase defaulters via LF. Also I can the property market taking a nose dive in the next 2-3 years. If i was looking at using property for investment would be looking at the REITS rather the Property bridges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

scheister wrote: »

Their first loan looks reasonably secure to me.
    They are seeking to raise €465,000 in 2 tranches.
    The first tranche is for €250,000.
    Estimated sale price for the 2 storey mews building is €850,000 (this is most likely the biggest risk in the event of another property crash)
    They have a lien on the development site with a Red Book value of €350,000.
    So it looks reasonably secure.
    Minimum investment €500
    €50,000 raised already
    Not sure if the return (8.5%) is worth it.

• Advertisement

Seeing a lot of cash drag across most of my p2p platforms.

DoFinance - I have exited, rates dropped too low.
    Grupeer - sold out of loans
    Swaper - usual 20-25% not invested
    ViaInvest - Only credit line loans available manually, very few short term loans lately
    Viventor - See about 10-15% cash drag recently. very few new loans available
    TWINO - very few new loans available
    Robocash - has added a new loan originator recently and I haven't seen any cash drag. Although the new loan originator has loans at 12%, not the usual 14%
    Lenndy - no cash drag. a small number of new loans available each day.

There appears to be a significant increase in investors across multiple platforms and the platforms are not keeping up with demand. Check out p2p-banking.com monthly stats for more info. I would prefer that platforms limit the number of new investors and keep current investors happy.

Mintos - most of the high risk, short term loan originators have dropped their rates again. the likes of Varks, Sebo, Dinero, Kuki etc. Dropping rates from 12% to 10% for similar loans. The likes of ExpressCredit (B-), Simbo (B-), Bino (B-) have 10.5% short term loans available.
    Do remember to compare the Mintos ratings to the likes of explorep2p ratings here. For example the last two originators I mentioned above are ranked 33 and 38 (of 39 originators) on the explorep2p ratings, whereas Mintos has rated the three as B-

Edit:
    FastInvest - plenty of new loans available, no cash drag, 15% 6+ months EUR loans.

Advertisement