Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea now delivering nationwide

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Ordered a whole set of wardrobes for a renovation project, 64 euro to deliver to Wexford. Totally worth it. Got a text today saying they will be delivered on the 29th and they will text again to give time slot of delivery. I'm very impressed so far, so handy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Keep us updated, I'd love to get some things delivered to Waterford but would love to know of your experience first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Keep us updated, I'd love to get some things delivered to Waterford but would love to know of your experience first!

There’s a man in dungarvan with a van, who would deliver either. I’m not sure I can mention names on here, but pm if you want details. I’ve used him before, he delivered to my door, and I would highly recommend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

I was looking at a chair too, and as of today delivery still comes up as 7.50 for Waterford.

Has anyone received any of the 7.50 deliveries yet ?
    Not sure if it's worth my while chancing it, the alternative is driving up there this week-end so it'd be good to know if these deliveries were in fact honored or not.

The €7.50 deliveries are with an post, they probably have a contract for X weight and X dimensions. I tried 2 different tabletops, one was ~20cm larger and it changed from €7.50 to €44. Looks like they just have two flat delivery charges, I'd expect it to be honored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

CSSE09 wrote: »
    The €7.50 deliveries are with an post, they probably have a contract for X weight and X dimensions. I tried 2 different tabletops, one was ~20cm larger and it changed from €7.50 to €44. Looks like they just have two flat delivery charges, I'd expect it to be honored.

Well the chair was got this week-end after a trip up and down the country (impatience !), but we had seen the box and it was quite big, so 7.50 is great value ! It's the roundy swivel chair that comes in a multicolour design. Maybe it's the weight of items ? I think it wasn't too heavy.

Found the details :

Swivel chair SKRUVSTA

Article no: 502.800.41
    Package : 1
    Length: 73 cm
    Width: 67 cm
    Height: 43 cm
    Weight: 9.15 kg
    Weight: 7.18 kg
    Volume per package: 206.3 l

Anyway it's great value and good to know for further purchases !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭nothing

Ordered a bunch of stuff about ten days ago, delivered this morning. Two lads were lovely (especially after I'd typed in the wrong eircode!) and brought everything up to my apartment and into the hall. Unfortunately they missed a box (I'd ordered a load and ticked them off myself but mistook one) but they called to say they'll drop it on their way back. Couldn't fault the delivery itself, will be a few days before I've opened and built everything though.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Green Peter

No doubt someone from Connemara will object to its development!

Some blow in living in Connemara more likely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Some blow in living in Connemara more likely!

yes - originally from Cork, living in Connemara but still has visions of returning to the sacred sod of the "real" capital.

boi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Not too convinced by the service. Ordered on November 30th and was given a delivery date of December 19. On the 17th my account info showed that the order was being processed, so I thought all was well.
    Yesterday came and went, checked online and found that they didn't pick and send the order until yesterday.
    Postman has just been and delivered a giant package, unfortunately it's only half the order. No packing slip included, no explanation. Won't be in a hurry to order from them again :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement