Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea now delivering nationwide

Options
  • 16-11-2017 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Delivery charges vary eg it is a ridiculous €84 for an armchair. But I did a test run with a stool too and delivery was €7.50 so that's cheaper than petrol & tolls.

Add to basket to check if items can be delivered.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thought that was always the case, just prohibitively expensive and you had to arrange in-store

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No more in-store arrangements, woo!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

about bloody time - it was a farce that they had a full website with all their products on it, you could add those products to a list but you couldn't order them without going to the physical store...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Excellent news!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Any idea what allows items to qualify for delivery?
    Some products in your Shopping Bag are not available to buy online. Please review your bag before continuing the checkout.
    I get this and most of my items are removed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

123654789 wrote: »
    Delivery charges vary eg it is a ridiculous €84 for an armchair. But I did a test run with a stool too and delivery was €7.50 so that's cheaper than petrol & tolls.

Add to basket to check if items can be delivered.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/

If only they did not require a space in the Eircode :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's about time. It made no sense having to drive all the way to Ikea to get an item. I guess the fact you're in the store you'll be snagged and buy some of the downstairs nonsense.

I checked on a mirror I need and yep it's €7.50 delivered which is good considering it's travelling 200kms. Changed the Quantity to 10 mirrors and it was still €7.50 as a check just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

many, many, thanks OP. You have just saved me a long journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Just checked. Of the 7 items I have in my basket for my next trip, only 1 is eligible for delivery. Looks like they don't want to deliver the slightly larger, awkward stuff like large frames and storage boxes.

Brilliant for those of us who don't drive...also dangerous! I assume they don't deliver stuff from their food hall? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

84 euro delivery to cork feck that

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Zico ! wrote: »
    How much would the petrol from Cork to Ballymun cost you? Never mind the wear & tear on your vehicle and the time spent travelling?

If you're buying from IKEA anyway, €84 delivery across half of the country seems like a bargain tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Zico ! wrote: »

If you got a few people in on the order ye could split the delivery charges (assuming they don't increase as more items are added).

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

42euro to delivery a sideboard from ikea to dublin 10....i'd most likely drive out myself to be fair, just wanted to see what it would cost for delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I was so excited to see this but then I logged in to try and order the items I've been saving in my list for my next trip to Dublin and I'm so disappointed.

I had 13 items in my basket and only 5 were eligible for delivery. Then when I put in my eircode, one of those 5 also became ineligible. So only 4 items out of 13 can be delivered to me. That's a bit useless really.

I suppose I'll have to venture up to Dublin after all.

coley wrote: »
    Any idea what allows items to qualify for delivery?

I get this and most of my items are removed :(

Same. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it, either. I had mostly toys and some medium sized bits and pieces. One soft toy can be delivered to me but not the other one? :confused:

A kitchen sink was my biggest item. It's eligible for delivery, but not to Galway? :confused:

I wonder why that's so cheap - €44 seems to the base delivery price for Dublin area (same as for their "pick and collect" service)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

loyatemu wrote: »
    I wonder why that's so cheap - €44 seems to the base delivery price for Dublin area (same as for their "pick and collect" service)

Yeah it does seem very cheap alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

is there one basic nationwide charge, is it the amount you spend the more we spend the less we are charged for delivery, or is it size or weight of goods, but it is good news to know they deliver around the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

loyatemu wrote: »
    about bloody time - it was a farce that they had a full website with all their products on it, you could add those products to a list but you couldn't order them without going to the physical store...

And they were in breach of their planning permission for the last 8 YEARS by not offering the delivery service

I just tried lots of random eircodes to check if they deliver there.

They seem to have two types of delivery charges. It seems that orders of very small items costs 7.50 nationwide. I don't know if they're sending these by post but it seems to be things that would fit in the post.

Then if there's anything larger it seems to be priced by zone, no matter how much you order. For example, whether you order one cupboard or a whole kitchen, it's 84 euro to Cork.

They seem to only want to deliver the very small things in the 7.50 delivery bracket to Galway.

I added some large items and they are willing to deliver them all over the country, including places like remote parts of Kerry and Tory Island, but not to Galway. I'm hoping that's just some sort of error that they will fix. It seems bizarre to exclude Galway.

Then it also seems like there are lots of random items of all sizes that they won't deliver anywhere. Why some items and not others, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

I was so excited to see this but then I logged in to try and order the items I've been saving in my list for my next trip to Dublin and I'm so disappointed.

I had 13 items in my basket and only 5 were eligible for delivery. Then when I put in my eircode, one of those 5 also became ineligible. So only 4 items out of 13 can be delivered to me. That's a bit useless really.

I suppose I'll have to venture up to Dublin after all.
    ...not at all, doesnt 'man with a van ' do this cheaper?, haven't checked recently though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Did they not always offer this? I was thinking of buying a few things from them a few months ago but when I saw the prices I changed my mind pretty sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Use this crowd for large items they ship all the cheap coal from the north all around ireland for pocket money.
    http://tpn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

isnt there lads who do ikea trips on a weekly basis for other people,one in galway is very successful at it

goat2 wrote: »
    is there one basic nationwide charge, is it the amount you spend the more we spend the less we are charged for delivery, or is it size or weight of goods, but it is good news to know they deliver around the country

it's the same as their "pick & delivery" charges which are detailed here:

Pricing

You can have all your products picked and delivered for:

Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare, Meath €44

Louth, Monaghan, Cavan, Longford, Westmeath, Offaly, Laois, Kilkenny, Carlow, Wexford €64

Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Mayo, Roscommon, Galway, Clare, Tipperary, Limerick, Kerry, Cork, Waterford €84

it's not cheap but certainly from here (Wicklow) you'd spend €10 on tolls and fuel going to the store, and probably another €30 on crap you don't need in the shop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I just tried lots of random eircodes to check if they deliver there.

They seem to have two types of delivery charges. It seems that orders of very small items costs 7.50 nationwide. I don't know if they're sending these by post but it seems to be things that would fit in the post.

Then if there's anything larger it seems to be priced by zone, no matter how much you order. For example, whether you order one cupboard or a whole kitchen, it's 84 euro to Cork.

They seem to only want to deliver the very small things in the 7.50 delivery bracket to Galway.

I added some large items and they are willing to deliver them all over the country, including places like remote parts of Kerry and Tory Island, but not to Galway. I'm hoping that's just some sort of error that they will fix. It seems bizarre to exclude Galway.

Then it also seems like there are lots of random items of all sizes that they won't deliver anywhere. Why some items and not others, I don't know.

Yes! I couldn't find anything I wanted that would deliver to Galway. Pretty sickened if they're delivering to Tory Island but not here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭wingnut

I'd have a feeling they are dealing with 'man with van' type couriers who do runs. So they might have a guy who goes to Munster doing Cork and Limerick but not to Galway.

As others have suggested it would work well if an extended family few neighbours were getting a load.

• Advertisement

wingnut wrote: »
    I'd have a feeling they are dealing with 'man with van' type couriers who do runs. So they might have a guy who goes to Munster doing Cork and Limerick but not to Galway.

As others have suggested it would work well if an extended family few neighbours were getting a load.

That would be insane. Do you think they have a deal with some guy doing regular runs to Tory Island but they can't find anyone willing to go to Galway?

It really seems like an error to me. I'm going to get on to them.

Advertisement