Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 2 Night Romantic Break for two at the Maritime Hotel on the Wild Atlantic Way

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

Every single night when he gets home from work, he opens the door, walks into the kitchen while I'm sorting dinner and pulls me in for a smooch.

Sometimes he has flowers, a chocolate bar, lemsips if i'm sick,

.... and every evening he has his arms open.

We might not be rich or have all we wished for in life but every day is romantic .... because he is such a lovely guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Asked my (now)wife to marry me!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Proposed in Las Vegas !

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

I think its romantic when my husband makes me a nice mug of tea, just the way I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

When I was proposing to my wife I arranged with her manager for her to have the day off (without her knowing).

I booked flights to Glasgow, hotel and an appointment with a jeweller (ring ordered already).
    So on Friday morning I came down to the kitchen in my suit, proposed, told her she wasn't going to work today cos we're flying to Scotland for the weekend and to get your ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 geraldino

Had finished college exams and was shattered with tiredness on a freezing winter's say. came home to find my lovely husband had placed a hotwater bottle in the bed and a loving note. just what I needed and to me it was truly romantic

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

The little things! I came home once after a terrible day. He said nothing, just went and got me a hot chocolate, some biscuits and a disney movie, and sat down to watch it with me. Perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Celtic3x

for our 1 year anniversary i book the first restaurant we ever went too as a couple. We had the nicest romantic meal there.
    Afterwards i whisk my beautiful partner off to a hotel, were i had spent the afternoon putting rose petals all over the room , had scented candles placed in areas with the nicest fresh cut flowers.

We then watch her favorite dvd "The Notebook" till it was early hours.

That morning i brought breakfast in bed. we did not want to go home / back to work after that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭buttonsc

Every year on our wedding anniversary my husband plants a rose bush

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

My fiancée has a soft spot for ducks, so I brought her out to the local lake one evening for a visit and popped the question. She said yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Herself just being there for me

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

Proposed by a lakeside. Not amazing perhaps, but as romantic as it gets for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

We'd decided to change from renting an apartment to renting a house, so I booked a couple of days off work to do the moving. My girlfriend couldn't get the time off work.
    Unbeknownst to her, I'd been talking to a goldsmith for a couple of months plotting and planning to get her perfect ring made for her, but as she doesn't wear much jewellery, I wasn't able to get her ring size! We came up with a cunning plan though...

So on moving day, when she got home, I put dinner in the oven (M&S dinner deals, hard to beat when you've not much time, but want something reasonably nice at home!) and I went into the kitchen to "check on dinner", and came out, knelt at her feet, and opened a little box which contained the jewels that would comprise the head of her ring laid out inside, handed her print outs of the two ring designs we'd come up with and popped the question! She said yes!
    I went back into the kitchen then, and came back out to her with a "Congratulations on your engagement!" card, and a big bunch of white roses. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

My gf loves the little things, like I'll hide a bar of chocolate in her bag if she is getting a long bus journey and text her halfway through to let her know about it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I Got My Partner a Build a bear koala, after she mentioned she liked koala's. Kept it for a few months till it was her birthday and gave it with her Birthday Present.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alice162

One morning at work my husband sent me a bouquet of flowers simply because I was in bad form xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Chance The Rapper

I bought my girlfriend a teddy bear out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

She was exhausted thanks to her PHD so I got her posh takeaway and we had a candlelit dinner with rose before she had to go back to her laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Every weekday morning; a wake up kiss and a cup of tea left beside me in bed before he leaves for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭seany76

Now i nearly the big 40 be
    nothing romantic done for me
    but then im not really a romantic guy
    so i thought for my partner i would try
    win this special break away
    make for us a happy day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Took a girl on a stargazing date, wrapped up nicely under the stars with some nice wine. Went down very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Laura Rua

My boyfriend did the nicest thing- he proposed last year to me in a very spur of the moment way. My poor mum had cancer last year. We were driving up to the hospice to see her and he just blurted it out. There were no rose petals or sunsets, but it was still the most romantic gesture anyone could wish for.
    Sadly, my mum passed away the very next day, but getting to tell her we were going to be married was the best gift anyone could ever have given me. She was thrilled! Three weeks now until the big day and I'm over the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Once, my wife rang me when I was out with mates. She said a few things and then when saying goodbye, she said 'I love you'. I looked around at my mates who were all within earshot and, get this, I said 'I love you too.'
    Now that takes balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mslady

For Christmas last year I got a deck of cards, wrote a reason for loving my then boyfriend (now fiancé!) on every single one, punched holes in them and tied them together like a book. Took weeks of coming up with 52 different, unique, funny reasons!! He loved it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Said "I do".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'd been living abroad for a year and had only seen my boyfriend for two weeks that year. When I was flying home I was diverted and delayed by about 3 days. He finally collected me at Dublin airport at the crack of dawn in a silly Christmas jumper because he knew it would make me smile :) And I had worn a Christmas elf costume on my flight from London, to make him smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brettg

I gave my future wife the very last rose in my garden.
    It happened to be the only rose I had ever grown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

surprise trip to venice for her 30th.
    Had the time off arranged with her boss, managed to get hold of her passport for booking the flights and hotel with the help of her housemate, she didn't know anything until the day of her birthday when i arrived over to her house with two guidebooks and a print out of the tickets saying we were leaving for the airport in 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I think putting up with me most of the time is pretty romantic of my boyfriend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mattcrow

Rang my girlfriend good few years ago, instructed her to get into a hotel and head to a certain room. She reached the place after some time, found rose petals leading her into a room, behind the door, floor lined with rose petals, huge rose petals heart on the bed, candles everywhere, hot bath, and me waiting inside with champagne. We spent a very romantic evening and had passionate sex most of the night.
    Today we live together, and last year our daughter was born, who is the cutest little person in the world :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement